Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,916 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows (36792 Views)

Adamu Garba Defends Twitter Ban & Crowwe App On Clubhouse / Adamu Garba Paid To Build Crowwe By CBN; Twitter Banned To Promote It / I Asked Google To Remove It – Adamu Garba Reacts To Deletion Of His App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by LegendVibes: 4:20am On Jan 15, 2021
A former presidential aspirant Adamu Garba has stepped down as chief executive officer of Crowwe an instant messaging platform, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Garba has been aggressively pushing for new users on the platform since US President Donald Trump was banned from Twitter over inciteful statements and WhatsApp’s latest privacy policy.

In a statement posted to Twitter on Thursday, Garba said he was stepping down to allow one without political leaning to take charge of the daily operations of the company.

The statement reads:
“For the sake of sanity, I’ve decided to step down as the CEO of @.

“I will officially be handing over to the next CEO by the end of this quarter. The search for a new CEO is now open.

“We will publish the necessary steps required for applicants to forward their resumes.

“It is my desire that Crowwe should continue to be open, free, liberal and trusted platform by all.”

https://twitter.com/adamugarba/status/1349615498275782656?s=20

Garba said the original goal behind Crowwe was to build an open, free and stable African social media platform where Africans can fully participate in global technology revolutions.

He added: “
Crowwe’s operational model will be transparent and free of any political interference. It has to operate as a free and vibrant platform where everyone belongs.

“Therefore, it is important I let @ be managed by those without an iota of political leanings.”

https://twitter.com/adamugarba/status/1349618673271582720?s=20

His resignation follows growing calls by social media users for the platform to be boycotted.

Garba’s critics say his disapproval of the #EndSARS protests against police brutality is their basis for the platform to be boycotted.

They also claim Crowwe has controversial privacy policy, but Garba has denied the allegation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Hongkog(m): 5:22am On Jan 15, 2021
Aboki marketed his app wrongly

200 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by MajesticKris: 5:39am On Jan 15, 2021
Resign Not Step Down....

Cus even if you do.. you're still a BOARD MEMBER....

YOU THINK WE ARE FOOLS ABI....
OUR MUMU DON DO...

YOU NEVER SEE ANYTHING!!!

30 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Bola146(f): 6:06am On Jan 15, 2021
Kikikikikikikiki grin Okay o

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Mysticwebb: 6:12am On Jan 15, 2021
You want your app to be liberal but you took Twitter to court for supporting Nigerians against police brutality and needless extra judicial killings.
People like you can not support full liberality.
That Growwe needs to be shutdown, let our suppressors whom you support be the only ones to use your app.

395 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 15, 2021
Was anybody ever thinking of downloading a Nigerian politicians app?.. can you really close your eyes to terms and conditions of a Nigerian politicians app while clicking "Accept"?...

228 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by NwaAmaikpe: 6:27am On Jan 15, 2021
shocked

No don't do this Adamu.

The only reason most of us use that app is because of you, now I'd have to uninstall it since you are no more its CEO.

How can I use an app run by people without an iota of political leanings when everything in life itself is politics.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by meccuno: 6:33am On Jan 15, 2021
Useless app by a useless Aboki. He should focus on his cattle rearing and suya selling. Education is not for them.

160 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Moferere: 6:37am On Jan 15, 2021
Step down or not, I no dey use the app

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by FactBoyz: 6:42am On Jan 15, 2021
cool

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Fasindo: 6:44am On Jan 15, 2021
shocked

This guy brain left him long ago

In my place Adamu is equivalent to Mumu

This Adamu Garba keep making garbage decisions
First he contested for president when he fully know he can't even win his ward.
2ndly he Twitter boss 4 supporting Endsar protesters.
Now he has resigned from his unknown app CEO.

The truth is whether he resign or not, I will never download the app on my phone not to talk of using it.

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Olakunleyakub(m): 7:23am On Jan 15, 2021
Okay
Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Racoon(m): 7:27am On Jan 15, 2021
No wonder he was contesting in his idiocy for the presidency when he cant sustain an innovative act like managing an app.

He left his failed app to continue using twitter after all the grandstanding with Twitter CEO that he shamefully withdrew from.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by joinnow: 7:33am On Jan 15, 2021
why did he not pay to get good biz name and decent logo

8 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by maiquel: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2021
cheesy
Twitter street.
Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:54am On Jan 15, 2021
In a statement posted to Twitter on Thursday, Garba said he was stepping down to allow one without political leaning to take charge of the daily operations of the company.
Good step in the right direction...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by potbelly(m): 7:54am On Jan 15, 2021
For the sake of sanity... lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by DrChukki: 7:55am On Jan 15, 2021
I lost my respect for this guy when he tribalised the ENDSARS protest.

Stepping down as the CEO to me won't change anything. He should sell the App to Seun, then we will listen to him.

He's just a disgrace and no one likes identifying with stupidity.

44 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Varbuena: 7:55am On Jan 15, 2021
shocked
Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 15, 2021
The type of cows we have in this country. Very backward thinking people who's sole aim is to marry underage and breed like pigs and rabbits.
Shame on the British for this contraption called Nigeria.
Jus.twise too, God will ban you for 100years same way you ban people in Travel section.

8 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by FalseProphet1(m): 7:55am On Jan 15, 2021
I don't see anything in this news that can benefit the common man therefore it is irrelevant. This I known

5 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by pickatyouu: 7:56am On Jan 15, 2021
How many people dey this crowwe self

Crowwe would have been a good Innovation if it were brought by someone who isn't under a dull administration.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Kobicove(m): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2021
I had never heard of this app until now...

By the way I think having too many social media apps on your phone causes a big distraction undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by sojayy(m): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2021
Wetin be crowwe, hearing it for d first time, Nairaland should take large sum of money from this guy for advert abeg.

13 Likes

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by amstamon: 7:57am On Jan 15, 2021
This life funny o...
Baba dey use twitter take dey announce his resignation from crowwe (using anoda man's social platform to announce tori of your own social platform grin)
Why him no kukuma use crowwe take announce his resignation from crowwe because I am not understanding.
Wat do I even know grin grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by Muhylonaire007: 7:57am On Jan 15, 2021
Lwkmd. E never see anything.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows by pegix(m): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2021
What's the crowwe app all abt sef

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Troops Kill Scores Of ISWAP Terrorists In Borno, Recover 6 Gun Trucks / Buhari's Re-election Could Hasten The Break Up Of Nigeria - Junaid Mohammed / Jubilation In Edo Over Shaibu’s Planned Defection From PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.