Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 (19228 Views)

Tuition Fee Hike: OSPOLY Reveals Next Move As Students Refuse To Pay / COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School / Benue State University Closed As Students Protest New CGPA Grading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by weyreypey: 8:20am On Jan 15, 2021
LASU shuts hostels as students test positive for COVID-19

The Management of the Lagos State University has shut down all hostels at the College of Medicine, LASUCOM, as three students have tested positive for Coronavirus disease.

A statement on Thursday night by the Coordinator, Centre for Information Press and Public Relations, CIPPR, Mr Ademola Adekoya, said the affected students had been isolated and were being treated.

“In addition, stakeholders are also informed that: Roommates of the three students who tested positive and their associates are being tested; the College already isolated the affected three (3) students and has commenced contact tracing of all affected students.

“The hostel facilities were immediately closed for decontamination upon confirmation of the status of the affected students; all students of the College have been advised to proceed home to self-isolate for the next fourteen (14) days from where their health status will be monitored by the College. Phone numbers/contacts of all students are already obtained to that effect. Any students showing symptoms at home are to contact the College through dedicated lines for necessary assistance/treatment

Meanwhile, the College has handed treatment packs to all three who tested positive; the College is also providing psychological support to the three students who tested positive and their roommates.

“Parents, guardians and the general public are assured that the safety of all staff and students is of top priority and the Lagos State University as a whole will continue to enforce compliance with Covid-19 guidelines and protocols to ensure the safety of all within her campuses.

“Management also again enjoins all students, staff and the general public to take personal responsibility and continue to observe Covid-19 guidelines as the virus is real and deadly,” the statement read.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/lasucom-shuts-down-hostels-as-students-test-positive-for-covid-19/amp/

2 Shares

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by weyreypey: 8:20am On Jan 15, 2021
cool

erifeoluwasimi:
Ahh... I don't know why the government never come out Clean on any issue. The students infected are over 20 students. My sister is one of them.

11 Likes

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2021
Nawa
Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Nbotee(m): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2021
E don set

1 Like

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Jesse6(m): 8:33am On Jan 15, 2021
Me i know say dem go still shut down schools again

40 Likes

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by backnbeta(f): 8:44am On Jan 15, 2021
It is well undecided
Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Garrieveryday: 8:56am On Jan 15, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Racoon(m): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2021
And the DG NCDC is saying no cause for alarm on the new strain of the COVID19 pandemic that is raging more deadlier than its predecessor? Pls play safe people.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Hongkog(m): 9:07am On Jan 15, 2021
When tests swaps are infected why won't students test positive.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Juanmike(m): 9:12am On Jan 15, 2021
Ploy not to open school.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by paulolee(m): 9:13am On Jan 15, 2021
I dnt know if I believe this or not because it makes no difference, but I see this move as a new way to shut down schools again generally..
I know the type of governor in my state, udom won't fall for all this shenanigans and school would go on as planned because I see no reason closing down schools when other public spaces are still open because its a waste of time..
afterall they achieved nothing with the previous lockdown because if it really worked, we won't be thinking of another..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Wolfeinstine: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2021
Oh no
Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by flexd99(m): 9:13am On Jan 15, 2021
Virtual learning just can't work for the medical students
Wish them quick recovery anyways

5 Likes

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Jammy2012(m): 9:13am On Jan 15, 2021
grin can we have their names? Because no government arm can be trusted anymore. We are in a ruthless part of the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Queenlovely(f): 9:14am On Jan 15, 2021
I went for the covid 19 test, but I tested positive, I isolated for 14 days,

these covid 19 is real, look around you, you will notice a lot of people with running nose, and cough, some are mild

some people throat will be blocked even, trust me

but it doesn't kill, especially the young with Strong immune system

and during the test, they will insert this deep instrument into your nose, very deep to extract mucus . that is the only scary part

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by pickatyouu: 9:14am On Jan 15, 2021
Shit is getting real
Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Nickshrapnel: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2021
Schools shouldn’t be opened yet, but no one is ready for that conversation

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by samtee37(m): 9:15am On Jan 15, 2021
Wahala be like Dangote towel, e no dey cover yansh

My friend as been in 100l since 2019 undecided
That's what do make all those unserious guys in my street shout say school na scam ooo

6 Likes

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Integrafamoo: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2021
But they are yet to resume.
Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Confirmedzombie: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2021
All schools shut be shutdown now. FG should declare a Total lockdown for 8weeks now.

Everyone should stock their homes.

5 Likes

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by erifeoluwasimi(f): 9:16am On Jan 15, 2021
Ahh... I don't know why the government never come out Clean on any issue. The students infected are over 20 students. My sister is one of them.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Tribers: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2021
Juanmike:
Ploy not to open school.
nigga shut

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by samtee37(m): 9:17am On Jan 15, 2021
Confirmedzombie:
All schools shut be shutdown now. FG should declare a Total lockdown for 8weeks now.

Everyone should stock their homes.

Stock their homes with which money, Oga

9 Likes

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:17am On Jan 15, 2021
Be safe out there guys.....

Coronavirus is REAL and now more deadlier.....due all the traveling and gathering over the festive season.

Keep yourself and family safe pleaseeeee!

gypsey:
True talk. He who has ears let them hear.
We hope they listen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Luckydubby7(m): 9:17am On Jan 15, 2021
Kindly treat those students properly in order to cure them malaria typhoid fever permanently they infected with.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Tribers: 9:18am On Jan 15, 2021
coronavirus is real ,but we Nigerians took it granted I don't know why they want to reopen schools it will spread faster there

1 Like

Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by kayswag100(m): 9:18am On Jan 15, 2021
God help us. Covid is real!!

This is my sermon on covid-related topics moving forward!
Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by Simplebeauty: 9:19am On Jan 15, 2021
shocked
Re: LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19 by kayswag100(m): 9:19am On Jan 15, 2021
Tribers:
nigga shut

As some1 suggested from another thread, Seun should start deleting comments that discredit Covid.

We all have our opinions but you have nothing to lose if one takes precautions

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Departments In NDA? / Facts About JAMB 2017 Results Upgrade & Why You Should Run From Fraudsters / 2013/2014 Unilorin Remedial Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.