Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Nimc Officials In Akwa Ibom State Allegedly Extorts Citizens For Nin Registratio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nimc Officials In Akwa Ibom State Allegedly Extorts Citizens For Nin Registratio (190 Views)

Any Policeman Who Extorts Nigerians Is An Armed Robber – Force PRO / Rotimi Akeredolu Thanks Ondo Citizens For Prayers, Support During Ill-health / Suspected NIMC Officials Arrested In Niger Republic Enrolling Foreigners For NIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nimc Officials In Akwa Ibom State Allegedly Extorts Citizens For Nin Registratio by willscopan: 10:29am On Jan 15, 2021
Secret Reporters

Following the mad rush by Nigerians to obtain their National Identification Number (NIN) to link their SIM cards as directed by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC), the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) officials across the country have cashed in on this to begin an extortion spree.

One of such NIMC centres that have been milking Nigerians dry is the Akwa Ibom State office located at the Federal Secretariat Uyo, where the NIMC officials are allegedly seen collecting various amounts from individuals to facilitate the processing of the compulsory National Identification Number.

According to a source, Michael Umoren who visited the centre to get his NIN “ when I got to the office, one of the NIMC official rushed to me offering to get my NIN ready within 2 hours if I pay N5,000, but I will have to wait for about two weeks before getting the number if I pay N1000. When I Insisted that the registration is supposed to be free, he told me that I will have to return in three months to do the registration because they are only attending to those who will either pay the imposed N5,000 or N1,000 due to the crowd”.

He also averred that those who arrived at the centre early in the morning were given numbers and asked to form a long queue but this was quickly forgotten as the attention was...

Read more at: https://secretsreporter.com/identity-thieves-nimc-officials-in-akwa-ibom-state-allegedly-extorts-citizens-for-nin-registration/

Re: Nimc Officials In Akwa Ibom State Allegedly Extorts Citizens For Nin Registratio by yanabasee1(m): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2021
NASS will extort money when MDAs go to sign their budgets and nobody will hiss about it...

Police will extort you on their checkpoint and nothing will happen..

Roadsafety will extort from you and. nothing will happen...

Now it's time for NIN people to cash-out, Nigerians wants to call them out.....

This life na turn by turn oh.... Live and let's live....
Re: Nimc Officials In Akwa Ibom State Allegedly Extorts Citizens For Nin Registratio by Kinematics: 11:00am On Jan 15, 2021
Its another one.

(1) (Reply)

GLOCHEED Boss Tells Nigerians To Take Active Part In Policy Making / Group Rate Kwara Legislators, Unveil Key Findings / Senator GAYA Mourns Hajiya FANTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.