Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Mental Health: The Voices - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mental Health: The Voices (645 Views)

Woman Diagnosed With Rare Condition That Prevents Her From Hearing MALE Voices / Ban On Codeine: Lagos Unveils Comprehensive Strategy To Address Mental Health / Health : The Must Know Effects Goat Meat Can Cause To Man's Sperm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mental Health: The Voices by HelpYourself(m): 11:10am On Jan 15, 2021
As a divide survivor I understand all too well what this term means.

Everyone plauged with depression understands all too well what the voices mean.

They are there , at the back of your head stern and judgemental, they are the culmination of every judgemental remark and criticism you have ever heard since you where a child. They are the combination of all the hurts pain and regret ever felt in your life and they just don't keep quiet.

They are constantly judging and shouting and saying and mocking and their noise is like a death sentence.

But no one understands. You go through life trying to live up to the expectations and the belief , you have to not be a shake to daddy or mummy.. kai your younger ones are there seeing this.. my cousins oh my cousins so I am the one everyone will speak about in their homes. I always knew I was just a shame... All the good times where just delaying this my fück up .

It's as if you constantly expect yourself to fück up and you just know that everyone in the family is expecting to hear that.

These are what the noise tells you... Your happiest memories are when everything went your way, it was as if the stars aligned in your favor , everything you touched turned to gold, you slept better , ate better, felt really good about yourself.

But that feels like a life time ago... For months now you have been scraping by. you hadly sleep anymore.. wake up to read posts on nairaland and wonder how that person is in real life , you check their profile and see and life looking picture, you check the topics they posted and see they are living abroad and immediately you get a sinking feeling. It seems like everyone in the world's life is in order but yours.

Then your heart races as you remember the debts and the fact that they may get you .. You try to block out the panic..

You feel bored and exhausted. Lately you haven't prayed .. when you do you just mutter the words just to be done with it

You have lost all expectations from prayer. The noise won't let you sleep or rest .

You are on a string

You find you easily get emotional lately about everything

You find lately you have been wondering about if there is life after death

You are barely holding on

But wait

This is not the end and it should not ever be not for you

Talk to someone

Talk to me

I am here for you

Suicide is not the answer

Send me a DM let's talk for a bit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mental Health: The Voices by Donspicey: 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
GofuckYourself:
As a divide survivor I understand all too well what this term means.

Everyone plauged with depression understands all too well what the voices mean.

They are there , at the back of your head stern and judgemental, they are the culmination of every judgemental remark and criticism you have ever heard since you where a child. They are the combination of all the hurts pain and regret ever felt in your life and they just don't keep quiet.

They are constantly judging and shouting and saying and mocking and their noise is like a death sentence.

But no one understands. You go through life trying to live up to the expectations and the belief , you have to not be a shake to daddy or mummy.. kai your younger ones are there seeing this.. my cousins oh my cousins so I am the one everyone will speak about in their homes. I always knew I was just a shame... All the good times where just delaying this my fück up .

It's as if you constantly expect yourself to fück up and you just know that everyone in the family is expecting to hear that.

These are what the noise tells you... Your happiest memories are when everything went your way, it was as if the stars aligned in your favor , everything you touched turned to gold, you slept better , ate better, felt really good about yourself.

But that feels like a life time ago... For months now you have been scraping by. you hadly sleep anymore.. wake up to read posts on nairaland and wonder how that person is in real life , you check their profile and see and life looking picture, you check the topics they posted and see they are living abroad and immediately you get a sinking feeling. It seems like everyone in the world's life is in order but yours.

Then your heart races as you remember the debts and the fact that they may get you .. You try to block out the panic..

You feel bored and exhausted. Lately you haven't prayed .. when you do you just mutter the words just to be done with it

You have lost all expectations from prayer. The noise won't let you sleep or rest .

You are on a string

You find you easily get emotional lately about everything

You find lately you have been wondering about if there is life after death

You are barely holding on

But wait

This is not the end and it should not ever be not for you

Talk to someone

Talk to me

I am here for you

Suicide is not the answer

Send me a DM let's talk for a bit

At times i wake up feeling so happy for no reason,

I will remember all i hv passed tru and i will jst smile but damnnn it doesnt last.......

When i remember the challenges and responsibilities staring at my face i begin to feel so cold..........

How do i keep on pushing

What am i even hustling for when i got no parents to reap the fruits of their labour......

Been the lastborn why am i streesing my self

But then i remember that i have a life and family to build......

But will be partner be loyal and understanding

But this but that...........

Mehn life of a man aint fucckking easy........

Keep trying to move on but my past is still fresh in my memory.......

Do i belong to the gods

Am i GOD sent

Infact am jst like anything dat happens is the way it have been written......
Re: Mental Health: The Voices by HelpYourself(m): 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
Donspicey:

At times i wake up feeling so happy for no reason,

I will remember all i hv passed tru and i will jst smile but damnnn it doesnt last.......

When i remember the challenges and responsibilities staring at my face i begin to feel so cold..........

How do i keep on pushing

What am i even hustling for when i got no parents to reap the fruits of their labour......

Been the lastborn why am i streesing my self

But then i remember that i have a life and family to build......

But will be partner be loyal and understanding

But this but that...........

Mehn life of a man aint fucckking easy........

Keep trying to move on but my past is still fresh in my memory.......

Do i belong to the gods

Am i GOD sent

Infact am jst like anything dat happens is the way it have been written......

Hey don't despair let's have a chat

Dm me

1 Like

Re: Mental Health: The Voices by Donspicey: 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Hey don't despair let's have a chat
Dm me
Watsapp tinzz brotherly......
Re: Mental Health: The Voices by HelpYourself(m): 8:30am On Jan 16, 2021
Good morning dear one

You are not alone

The noise did not overwhelm you yesterday and surely they won't today

Don't suffer in silence , you aren't alone

DM me let's talk

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help, Smoke From A Local Bakery Is Disturbing Us / Getting Worst / Is It Dangerous To Bath With Canoe Or Delfin Soap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.