Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Melody Tunes(remove My Daughter's Voice) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Melody Tunes(remove My Daughter's Voice) (322 Views)

My Daughter. / My Daughter And I; The Ideal Father / My Daughter's Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Melody Tunes(remove My Daughter's Voice) by Peebee17(f): 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
MELODY TUNES(Remove my daughter's voice): At the age of 22, a lady is deprived from having a life of happiness by her Father. She works her to please him everyday of her life but it always resulted to no avail. She then finds comfort in her voice and decides to settle for it as the only thing that brings her joy, but still have Father deprives her of that joy and makes her dumb.

EXCERPT

“How dare you disobey me again?”

Father yelled at me as he drove me to the hospital. I felt anger, irritation, disgust, hatred and even evil actions, all towards my him as I sat at the back seat. Countless evil thoughts did sway into my head on what to do to him for his incomprehensible wickedness. Yes! I call it wickedness. He was taking my life from me, my passion, my joy, everything that I ever wished for, he was taking it all from me. And now he tells me he is going ahead to do the imaginable (scoffs), he can’t be serious.

I have loved and obeyed my Father in every single thing he asked from me or wanted, just to see him pleased with me about the life I live which is no thanks to him, but still he is never pleased and now he threatens to take away the only source of liveliness and joy in me…

I cried profusely at the back of the car. I have always loved seating at the front seat, but ever since he became this monster since my 22nd birthday, I have hated being by his side. Even his daughter’s tears never moved him whenever he wanted to make a decision over my life and this has been on going all through my life.

But as much as I think of the evil paybacks to repay him for what his has done to me, I still can't see myself going against what he wants, because he is all I have. And if my unhappiness made him satisfied, fine. Maybe I was born to die unhappy.

“Get down!”

He yelled again as he packed at the hospital’s parking lot.

He seemed calm when he came into my personal ward after he had made an immediate appointment with the doctor. Although, my father isn’t rich, but neither are we poor. We are just one of those average middle class citizens who can fend for themselves continently. But there are times my father, acts beyond his status just in order to achieve what he wants.

“Lee…” he said softly like he couldn’t hurt a fly as he stood vertically towards me, as I sat on the bed on a hospital gown. He always calls me that only when he wants me to see reasons with him or whenever he wanted to apologize after having his way regardless of what I felt. “I don’t want you to think I hate you…” he continued “I love you sooo much and that’s why I am doing this. It hurts me to see the hatred you have for me in your eyes whenever I make some certain decisions for you, but I want you to understand that I will never hurt you. All I do is for your safety alone, trust me. I love you so much, to hurt you”

I couldn’t say a word. I just looked at him blankly. I held my tears back. I wanted to look bold and not to care about anything, not even the world. I hated my father even more at that moment for his consistent words that never made sense me. I don’t know if they did to you, but definitely not to me, but the worst part of it all, is that, I still had some sense of love deep down for him that somehow often overshadows my hatred. I felt like an immovable object that has no control of itself.

The doctor came in along with some nurses that moved me to the theater. I couldn’t believe myself not being able to revolt all this while, but immediately I was swayed into the operation room, I felt the urge, strength and reason to revolt with all my might. But the doors were already closed, like heaven shutting its gates at me. I struggled and cried for help, but all I got was a black out.

I was scared.

My eyelids tried to chase the light that penetrated through it, but my eyes were forcefully opened instead
With the scent of the breeze that blew pass me to and fro, I knew it was morning.
I must have slept for hours, I guessed since I couldn’t remember a thing apart from being a patient in the hospital. I sat up comfortably without pains in my system. My eyes strolled through the room and I saw my father gazing at the beauty of nature through the window glass.
I suddenly wanted a hug, on seeing his calm and lovely aurora and coincidentally, he turned to face me with a smile that harbored both delight and sadness. But I didn’t care, I knew our warm embrace would satisfy both of us with gratitude that we still had each other.

As he took a step to come closer after I opened my arms for an embrace, I decided to call him 'dad' for the first time
But I retraced my hands and placed it on my throat like I was seeking for something in a deep box
“My voice! What happened to my voice?!”
Although my words echoed in my head so loud, but my ears couldn’t hear a thing.

My Father had made me dumb.

Melody Tunes(remove my daughter's voice) is COMING SOON
Re: Melody Tunes(remove My Daughter's Voice) by Pofgrace(m): 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
Peebee17:
MELODY TUNES(Remove my daughter's voice): At the age of 22, a lady is deprived from having a life of happiness by her Father. She works her to please him everyday of her life but it always resulted to no avail. She then finds comfort in her voice and decides to settle for it as the only thing that brings her joy, but still have Father deprives her of that joy and makes her dumb.

EXCERPT

Father yelled at me as he drove me to the hospital. I felt anger, irritation, disgust, hatred and even evil actions, all towards my him as I sat at the back seat. Countless evil thoughts did sway into my head on what to do to him for his incomprehensible wickedness. Yes! I call it wickedness. He was taking my life from me, my passion, my joy, everything that I ever wished for, he was taking it all from me. And now he tells me he is going ahead to do the imaginable (scoffs), he can’t be serious.

I have loved and obeyed my Father in every single thing he asked from me or wanted, just to see him pleased with me about the life I live which is no thanks to him, but still he is never pleased and now he threatens to take away the only source of liveliness and joy in me…

I cried profusely at the back of the car. I have always loved seating at the front seat, but ever since he became this monster since my 22nd birthday, I have hated being by his side. Even his daughter’s tears never moved him whenever he wanted to make a decision over my life and this has been on going all through my life.

But as much as I think of the evil paybacks to repay him for what his has done to me, I still can't see myself going against what he wants, because he is all I have. And if my unhappiness made him satisfied, fine. Maybe I was born to die unhappy.

“Get down!”

He seemed calm when he came into my personal ward after he had made an immediate appointment with the doctor. Although, my father isn’t rich, but neither are we poor. We are just one of those average middle class citizens who can fend for themselves continently. But there are times my father, acts beyond his status just in order to achieve what he wants.

“Lee…” he said softly like he couldn’t hurt a fly as he stood vertically towards me, as I sat on the bed on a hospital gown. He always calls me that only when he wants me to see reasons with him or whenever he wanted to apologize after having his way regardless of what I felt. “I don’t want you to think I hate you…” he continued “I love you sooo much and that’s why I am doing this. It hurts me to see the hatred you have for me in your eyes whenever I make some certain decisions for you, but I want you to understand that I will never hurt you. All I do is for your safety alone, trust me. I love you so much, to hurt you”

I couldn’t say a word. I just looked at him blankly. I held my tears back. I wanted to look bold and not to care about anything, not even the world. I hated my father even more at that moment for his consistent words that never made sense me. I don’t know if they did to you, but definitely not to me, but the worst part of it all, is that, I still had some sense of love deep down for him that somehow often overshadows my hatred. I felt like an immovable object that has no control of itself.

The doctor came in along with some nurses that moved me to the theater. I couldn’t believe myself not being able to revolt all this while, but immediately I was swayed into the operation room, I felt the urge, strength and reason to revolt with all my might. But the doors were already closed, like heaven shutting its gates at me. I struggled and cried for help, but all I got was a black out.

I was scared.

My eyelids tried to chase the light that penetrated through it, but my eyes were forcefully opened instead
With the scent of the breeze that blew pass me to and fro, I knew it was morning.
I must have slept for hours, I guessed since I couldn’t remember a thing apart from being a patient in the hospital. I sat up comfortably without pains in my system. My eyes strolled through the room and I saw my father gazing at the beauty of nature through the window glass.
I suddenly wanted a hug, on seeing his calm and lovely aurora and coincidentally, he turned to face me with a smile that harbored both delight and sadness. But I didn’t care, I knew our warm embrace would satisfy both of us with gratitude that we still had each other.

As he took a step to come closer after I opened my arms for an embrace, I decided to call him 'dad' for the first time
But I retraced my hands and placed it on my throat like I was seeking for something in a deep box

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wahala wear sneakers
Re: Melody Tunes(remove My Daughter's Voice) by Peebee17(f): 6:55am On Jan 16, 2021

EXCERPT
"MELODY TUNES(Remove my daughter's voice)"
BY PRAISE UMORU

“Get down!”

I was scared.

(1) (Reply)

Quillbot Premium / Nigeria In Search Of A Divine Savior!!! / Join Fiverr Today And Make One Million Naira In 30 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.