Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Deeper Life. A Holy Cult? Young W.f Vs Old W.f - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life. A Holy Cult? Young W.f Vs Old W.f (453 Views)

Power In The Name Of Jesus (2) — By Pastor W.F. Kumuyi (Season 2) / How To Persevere In Trials (Part 2) — Pastor W.F. Kumuyi / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deeper Life. A Holy Cult? Young W.f Vs Old W.f by TRDLG01: 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
...The young Pastor Kumuyi like the old Kumuyi speaks with so much passion, but his message had some sort of down to earth nature to it that could easily make people connect both to the message and the personality speaking the message.

In the Kumuyi’s past messages I have listened to, the Creed’s and dogmas were not as exhaulted as the passion in his heart. He spoke from a place of freedom and clear conscience. It was like he was more concerned about shinning the light and knowledge he had acquired into people’s minds and heart.
But the old Pastor Kumuyi is much more composed. Speaks passionately only from dogmas and Creed’s allowed by the church, using mostly literal interpretation of the Bible over and over again. Deeper life people call this mostly literal interpretation of Kumuyi the undiluted word of God.

Whatever that mean, I hope we all know, if not from history at least in this present times that literal interpretation of the Bible could be, if not very dangerous, misleading and could be easily misapplied. But Deeper Lifers don’t have to worry about that since Pastor Kumuyi’s got all the knowledge they will ever need. His interpretation of the Bible is seen firstly as valid and then anyone else who interpreted the Bible like him...

Check out more on
https://trdlg.
Re: Deeper Life. A Holy Cult? Young W.f Vs Old W.f by SocialJustice: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
Not holy cult, religious cult. Most large churches in Nigeria are.
Re: Deeper Life. A Holy Cult? Young W.f Vs Old W.f by TRDLG01: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
Not holy cult, religious cult. Most large churches in Nigeria are.
I like the word holy best, because of the name DL love to attribute themselves with. You're right with that correction. But I'm just sarcastic with those words
Re: Deeper Life. A Holy Cult? Young W.f Vs Old W.f by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
TRDLG01:
I like the word holy best, because of the name DL love to attribute themselves with. You're right with that correction. But I'm just sarcastic with those words

DLs are not the only holy people, anyone who is born again is Holy before God
Re: Deeper Life. A Holy Cult? Young W.f Vs Old W.f by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
TRDLG01:
...The young Pastor Kumuyi like the old Kumuyi speaks with so much passion, but his message had some sort of down to earth nature to it that could easily make people connect both to the message and the personality speaking the message.

In the Kumuyi’s past messages I have listened to, the Creed’s and dogmas were not as exhaulted as the passion in his heart. He spoke from a place of freedom and clear conscience. It was like he was more concerned about shinning the light and knowledge he had acquired into people’s minds and heart.
But the old Pastor Kumuyi is much more composed. Speaks passionately only from dogmas and Creed’s allowed by the church, using mostly literal interpretation of the Bible over and over again. Deeper life people call this mostly literal interpretation of Kumuyi the undiluted word of God.

Whatever that mean, I hope we all know, if not from history at least in this present times that literal interpretation of the Bible could be, if not very dangerous, misleading and could be easily misapplied. But Deeper Lifers don’t have to worry about that since Pastor Kumuyi’s got all the knowledge they will ever need. His interpretation of the Bible is seen firstly as valid and then anyone else who interpreted the Bible like him...

Check out more on
https://trdlg.
First of all, you obviously never attended any of Young WFS churches for you to suggest his messages even then were "undiluted". undecided

Second, what the heck is a " Holy" cult? A cult is a cult..nothing holy about it. undecided

Third, the man has never offered you all a "literal" interpretation of what is in fact written in that book. A literal interpretation assumes the man in fact comprehends what is indeed written in the book, something he clearly does no since he remains obsessed with old covenant teachings and obsession with the musings of Paul which were really intended for those with a clear understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ, again of which Kumuyi, and his entire followers, are not.

(1) (Reply)

See What The God Of Chosen Did In Abuja Crusade On Sunday, 23rd 2021 / OFFICIAL STATEMENT From TB Joshua Ministries (SCOAN) / Fairness,Respect For Rights Of Others Fundamental To Peace & Security-Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.