Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 (597 Views)

Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video) / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC / Omoyele Sowore: ‘Saraki Will Be Jailed When I Become President’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by dumahi(m): 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
I have a brother who works with a research company that is doing an independent study of the West African economic space. Yesterday, they had a Zoom lecture with some community youth leaders where the subject centered around unemployment in the subregion. He linked me up and it
was a big eye opener.

I think that every educated Nigerian youth should know something I learned there if we ever hope to be free from so many troubles pulling back our destinies in this country.

For example, the moderator said that they started a self-employment network because they discovered that "poverty is the major weapon that the corrupt political class is using to clamp down on the youths. It makes the youths to see themselves as natural underdogs compared to the old but corrupt political class".

One of the paper presenters compared our situation to other modern societies in a way that really touched me. Just read his exact words that made me very ashamed since yesterday:

In the US, China, India, or Europe, for example, although the political leaders may be old, most of the economic leaders are increasingly becoming youths with modern ideas. Compared to this, Africa's case is completely bad because both political and economic leadership are vested in the hands of the old cargoes who are not only out of touch with modern realities but are also out of touch with themselves for being so corrupt. With this crop of people occupying both the political and economic helms, there is no way things can change for good until the youths are able to take over the economy at least.

When I got to that part, the first thing that came to my mind was how our youths would be shouting "tuale" to old politicians as if the politicians are arch-Gods. With what is happening in Uganda now, I think this is really a shame for the Nigerian youths in particular.

I think that a 30-something-year-old can become Nigeria's President in 2023 if we can stop this attitude. After all, Buhari and Gowon them, weren't they in their 30s when they did same? One of the lectures even mentioned it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by CodeTemplar: 7:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
Lol. . . tall dream.
Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by tobechi74: 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
Economic power. Many millionaires that are youth are harrased by SARS.

OLd men with flashy cars are allowed to play the road.

Presidential nominee ticket 25 million.

How many youth can afford this.

Instead of old men to sponsor youth or totally stay off politics, they want to rule themselves and making it harder for youth to climb the top.

Unless youth runite and evolt against the old and take power by force,,this is difficult to achieve

1 Like

Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by dumahi(m): 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
tobechi74:

Instead of old men to sponsor youth or totally stay off politics, they want to rule themselves and making it harder for youth to climb the top.

Unless youth runite and evolt against the old and take power by force,,this is difficult to achieve
But, how can that happen when the youths are so lazy and ignorant? Look at this post, for example: if it was about an actress who showed her bare bum now, you would see many people interested in it.

2 Likes

Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by xxxXXXxxx: 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
The people need to wake up!
Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by Duridadi: 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
grin

You mean Yahoo Yahoo President undecided undecided undecided
Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by calberian: 8:01am On Jan 18, 2021
I came here expecting to see revelation on how a nigerian youth could be president. I saw absolutely nothing.
Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 18, 2021
dumahi:

But, how can that happen when the youths are so lazy and ignorant? Look at this post, for example: if it was about an actress who showed her bare bum now, you would see many people interested in it.
Is Falz not contesting anymore??
Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by dumahi(m): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2021
tobechi74:

If Mark Zuckerberg was a Nigerian, tell me how the Police could harass him since his source of wealth is clear to all? Apart from the high-handedness of our security agents, one reason our young millionaires may get oppressed by the police is due to the bad reputation scam artists have given us.

Otherwise, we still have our young millionaires (like our own Seun, Davido, etc) who are not harassed since their sources of income are clear enough. However, my point is that, overall, the corrupt old men are still dominating the economic landscape. But it shouldn't be so in this tech-driven modern world.
Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by Snoopbest36(m): 8:31am On Jan 18, 2021
The Revelation is youth coming together with one voice to demand presidential seat as a right for any Nigerian youth come 2023 then, the long time trend mindset about youth being called lazy & made as use & dump politics tools by our old political leaders will be rewrite...THIS IS A LOUD CALL TO ALL YOUTH IN NIGERIA
[code][/code]YOUTH ARISE
Re: REVEALED! How A 30-something-year-old Nigerian Could Become President In 2023 by Unik3030: 11:37am On Jan 18, 2021
dumahi:

God bless you,the same youth that are more concerned about bbn than buhari borrowing loan.
they care more about
Davido vs Wizkid
Messi vs Ronaldo
n all those bbn rubbish that what can affect their future.

They concern themselves about irrelevant order than what matters in life

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt City Vibes: Pictures & Video / The Quietness Of The North Should Not Be Confused For Weakness By Chigozirim Eme / How Nigerian Army Attempted To Assassinate Biafran Lawyer, Nnamdi Kanu Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.