Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m (24726 Views)

Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills / Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by NaMeAboki: 3:33am On Jan 16, 2021
BlackfireX:

Body odour from one Sudanese grin that the yorubas put in power chasing every good thing away
Argue with the pigeons that refused to fly when they saw him

When hatred for a phantom Sudanese is taking some ppl to the point of irrationality and giving them sleepless nights.

We all know the real truth is that Shell is disinvesting from the region (onshore against offshore) due all the headache from various militant groups, pipeline damage, unnecessary demands and blackmail from local communities.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by omoluka: 4:59am On Jan 16, 2021
mu2sa2:
Niger Delta is better off without oil. Let all the oil companies leave, at least that'll bring sanity into the heads of domestic terrorists (aka militants) and the marauding band of robbers,cultists and other killers who have turned port Harcourt and environs into a most dangerous city that even governor Wike, a thug himself, is virtually helpless.
What about Boko Haram, Fulani herdsman and bandits that have turned this f*cked up shithole to one of the most terrorist country on the planet? Aboki people everywhere SMH
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by omoluka: 5:04am On Jan 16, 2021
JoeEeL:
They already know Nigeria is disintegrating. cool

After they have sucked us completely dry. What is left of the zoo? Only if myopic One-Nigerians understood the magnitude of this move.

One-Nigeria apologists, you let your leaders make use of your brains to benefit from corrupt proceeds in cahooting with UK-owned Nigerian based oil companies like Shell and Chevron.

To even think that during my time in school, some Excos made getting a job in either of these cesspits of corruption and exploitation a prayer request, makes me sick to my stomach!
I support what is on your profile 101% bro

1 Like

Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by zedegit: 6:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Golan007:
They are exiting.

No business trives in instability, chaos and confusion.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by zedegit: 6:33am On Jan 16, 2021
owobokiri:
These are oil wells awarded to these oil companies! It doesn't belong to them! It belongs to the country! They have no right to sell oil wells. It's only in Nigeria that this is done!

Did you read the contract that they signed?

If not, you're very clueless.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by omoyankee3(m): 6:55am On Jan 16, 2021
Who owns TNOG?
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Wartsnigeria: 7:02am On Jan 16, 2021
ATEAMS:
Sold to Fulani

How is TNOG fulani? Is Tony Elumelu from the north? So many dumb people on nairaland
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Wartsnigeria: 7:03am On Jan 16, 2021
omoyankee3:
Who owns TNOG?

Elumelu
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by wink2015(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2021
Latvin:

Don't mind them. Too much ignorance within our population. I bet as soon as Tony Elumelu's name came up as owner of Heir's Holdings, the noise around Northerners/Fulanis quietened a bit.

Divesting by selling your shares in a venture is nothing new, happens in every business sector and in every country. There has been several of such divestments in Nigeria's oil and gas sector in the past. It started around 2008-2010 when this same Shell sold its stake in their Western operations. Chevron, AGIP, TOTAL and others have done similar things since then.

Those companies realise that they have a lot of assets and can't possibly make the required investments in all of them, so they concentrate their efforts in areas where they have more advantage and can make more money. Often times, these are blocks where they have significant presence on land but where vandalism, community unrest, crude theft and other vices hamper their abilities to operate effectively. Local companies are better at managing such issues and they also benefit by getting into the oil and gas production business thereby encouraging transfer of knowhow to the locals. It is a win-win situation and life continues. The Majors are not leaving the country, just refocusing their efforts in areas where they can do better.

If not for your explanation one would have taught Shell was totally leaving Nigeria.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by Ofiktana: 8:32am On Jan 16, 2021
Not necessarily an exit. The asset may no longer be economically viable to Shell. Another operator with less overhead cost would be balling on the same asset. Most Nigerian operators today bought assets from Shell around 10 years ago and are doing well. Shell too has stuck around all that period doing their business.

Golan007:
They are exiting.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by juniorstar(m): 8:38am On Jan 16, 2021
crude oil has come and the world is already eager to phase it out and what have we to show for it as a nation. we have just succeeded in enriching few men in the corridors of power. negligible development in human resources and forgetting other areas that would help us as a nation when our oil is no longer in demand. these oil giants are gradually leaving our country and sometimes I wonder why Dangote just decided to build a refinery all these years when oil isn't going to have much value in 20-50yrs time. but sha dis few years left is enough to cash out big time.
where are we going to fall to now? our way na borrowing, dem dey borrow us becos we still dey export oil small small and dem get wetin dem fit seize if dem come Nigeria
our sea ports, airports, train station, lands,mines, water body would pay for it. I weep for this country! our education that would av salvaged us is nothing to write home about with unemployable graduates.
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by ahf(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2021
Small quarrel with Rivers State seizing Kidney Island, them sell off all their land assets. Other assets lined up to go

Nigerian companies would soon operate alone in this sector, let us hope they all do well, create jobs and develop the economy before value of oil runs out globally
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by JoeEeL(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2021
omoluka:

I support what is on your profile 101% bro

Yio da fun o jare baba mi (shall be well with u).

It is more than Nigeria just being a failed state; we are against neocolonialism and foreign-power suppression. Most countries in Africa (esp. sub-saharan Africa) were formed for mining purposes, mineral resources, offshore drilling and all manner of resources you can think of, at the expense of one thing... just one thing: the consideration of the people.

This is an extremely serious aberration. That is a serious affront to the dignity of what we are as a race. This is the highest form of insult and racism. They just lumped people together as if we are lab rats. Yet the intruding idiots will be using one side of mouth to say they are fighting racism while the very product of racism and colonisation keeps taking the lives of people (in Nigeria) on a daily basis.

This is why I can't just stand people that say One Nigeria. I get seriously disgusted, more so when I realise that at one point in time, I actually advocated for One Nigeria. Just imagine!

A blatantly forced arrangement is somehow presented to us as freedom, democracy and independence. Consider the irony.

One thing I'm glad about is that my SW brothers are waking up but I'm not too pleased because most of the invigoration is only as a result of Fulani herdsmen encroachment. It has to be more than that! I would have preferred for it to be have been as an organic understanding of the ills of the society and how the world works, proper understanding of history, proper enlightenment and proper procrastination.

At this stage we are meant to have reached a stage wherein if another round of colonisation threatens, we should be able to effectively resist: both knowledgeably and with weaponry advancement. But here we are : ordinary Fulani useless marauders backed by a Fulani caliphate of a government giving my kinsmen headache. What then becomes of us if, say China, forcefully tries to invade and colonise?

Does that mean we will be at the mercy of foreigners a second time? Shame shame shame.

Yet foools are still shouting 2023, Tinubu... BIG FOOOOLS!
Re: Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m by jimmynauty: 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
Golan007:
They are exiting.

thanks to elon musk tesla and uk abandoning fuel driven cars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State Shuts Alade Market This Morning / BDC Operators Shut Down Business In Abuja / Femi Otedola, DJ Cuppy Meets Access Bank CEO, Hebert Wigwe. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.