Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Programmer Vs Youtuber? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmer Vs Youtuber? (794 Views)

Recommend A Good Android Phone For A New Youtuber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Killertune20: 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
This question is a bit crazy, but guys, at this point in my life, I'm confused, I have tons of service rendering apps I want to build, but I can't pay to build them, the app builders keep calling huge sums, 400k and above, even though the apps are MVP apps, I thought of getting a system to learn programming too, not only because of building the apps but because I want to learn mobile app development, been using my phone to watch so many tutorials for a long while now.

On the other hand, I have a friend who owns a digital camera, infact he is a videographer, I intend to partner with him and produces short comedy videos for youtube, I believe if I can use 100k or more for ads, I can attain monetisation and from there keep consistency, truth is, I can't do both, cause I won't master any if I should, they both require hard work and consistency, truth is, I'm also hoping one thing will take me out of this country one day (my japa season )

Someone please talk some sense into me, like I'm tired and frustrated, I hate chasing many things at a time and end up not achieving one.
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
What state are you in?
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Killertune20: 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
What state are you in?

Lagos
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Karleb(m): 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
You can dedicate 4 hrs per day for coding and the rest for the youtube thing.
When one starts fetching money than the other, you dump the other for it.
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Killertune20: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Karleb:
You can dedicate 4 hrs per day for coding and the rest for the youtube thing.

When one starts fetching money than the other, you dump the other for it.

Baba, I still have a car I use to run Uber, the hustle is real, na that one sef dey bring daily bread, but I run that mostly on weekends and it's really stressful, so I honestly can't combine the 3.
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Karleb(m): 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Killertune20:

Baba, I still have a car I use to run Uber, the hustle is real, na that one sef dey bring daily bread, but I run that mostly on weekends and it's really stressful, so I honestly can't combine the 3.

Think of it this way.

Your plan is to move out of the country right. Programmers can easily get high paying jobs over there.

Even if it twice in a week, go through a programming book. By the time you get over there, life wouldn't be so hard.

For now, your uber business is the koko because it puts bread on your table. Then the youtube thing because it's easier than programming and lastly programming.

This is just my opinion tho.
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by stanliwise(m): 7:02am On Jan 16, 2021
Killertune20:
This question is a bit crazy, but guys, at this point in my life, I'm confused, I have tons of service rendering apps I want to build, but I can't pay to build them, the app builders keep calling huge sums, 400k and above, even though the apps are MVP apps, I thought of getting a system to learn programming too, not only because of building the apps but because I want to learn mobile app development, been using my phone to watch so many tutorials for a long while now.

On the other hand, I have a friend who owns a digital camera, infact he is a videographer, I intend to partner with him and produces short comedy videos for youtube, I believe if I can use 100k or more for ads, I can attain monetisation and from there keep consistency, truth is, I can't do both, cause I won't master any if I should, they both require hard work and consistency, truth is, I'm also hoping one thing will take me out of this country one day (my japa season )

Someone please talk some sense into me, like I'm tired and frustrated, I hate chasing many things at a time and end up not achieving one.
What you are asking for is a strategy.
And to be candid the best bet is you, that can truly advice yourself. I would advise between YouTuber and coding you should pick the one you are truly made for, which of them comes intuitively to you?
If programming is only just to build your app, omo forget it and pay the money when you are a bit comfortable.
If being a youtuber is a dream then go for it and forget programming, both of them are very demanding. Except you wanna start a programming channel where you teach what you code.
For my I feel you should stay where the passion is for now.

1 Like

Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Killertune20: 9:01am On Jan 16, 2021
stanliwise:

And to be candid the best bet is you, that can truly advice yourself. I would advise between YouTuber and coding you should pick the one you are truly made for, which of them comes intuitively to you?
If programming is only just to build your app, omo forget it and pay the money when you are a bit comfortable.
If being a youtuber is a dream then go for it and forget programming, both of them are very demanding. Except you wanna start a programming channel where you teach what you code.

Thanks for your contribution sir, the passion is actually with the money, that's why I'm a bit confused, I will task myself and decide, thank you sir.
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 16, 2021
Killertune20:

Thanks for your contribution sir, the passion is actually with the money, that's why I'm a bit confused, I will task myself and decide, thank you sir.

If ur emphasis is on money choose YouTube and don't engage on a frustrating journey u don't have passion for, choosing programming will be a waste of time in my own opinion.

Though I do the two, but one is always lacking, if I have projects I don't do YouTube by the time I am finished with d project my consistency motivation would have drop, I will find it harder to continue making videos and vice versa. I hail the likes of Brad, tim, Derek and others. Though this guys usually have help and a comfortable setup, they just have to focus on reading the script and copying codes from their other monitors
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by stanliwise(m): 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
Killertune20:

Until you understand that wealth are majorly by redistribution then you would begin to reconsider your statement. The money you want is with someone somewhere, except you plan to collect the money forcefully or by fraud then the only way out is for you to make your self valuable for anyone to transfer that money to you. If not then forget it.

Last time I checked no one pay anyone who has passion for money, simply because they really do nothing useful to the society rather than mayhem.
Lastly, I have only seen few people who made it big with lack of passion, just few.

Proverbs 23:5

Have a Good day
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Killertune20: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2021
stanliwise:

Bro, I understand your point exactly, but the youtube thing is just for a few naira, can't give me the kind of money I need, on the other hand, coding will, and more sef, infact, I dream to own a biggest tech company in africa in the next 10 years, I'm considering paying someone to build an app for me for now while I take my time to learn app development and create youtube contents.

All I really need is to know mobile app development and nothing more, I can't be in the business of tech and not know anything about it, so I have chosen flutter cause most of the apps are MVPs and when I settled finally I will pay for a more technical and or advanced coders, thanks my passion anyways, and also cause it will make me money, I don't want to coding to apply for job anywhere.
Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Killertune20: 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2021
stanliwise:

Until you understand that wealth are majorly by redistribution then you would begin to reconsider your statement. The money you want is with someone somewhere, except you plan to collect the money forcefully or by fraud then the only way out is for you to make your self valuable for anyone to transfer that money to you. If not then forget it.

Last time I checked no one pay anyone who has passion for money, simply because they really do nothing useful to the society rather than mayhem.
Lastly, I have only seen few people who made it big with lack of passion, just few.

Proverbs 23:5

Have a Good day

Thanks bro, but I lost interest in religion a long time, else I would have gone to read up your biblical quote, thanks but my passion really resides in digital entrepreneurship and that's where coding comes in.

1 Like

Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by stanliwise(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
Killertune20:

Bro, I understand your point exactly, but the youtube thing is just for a few naira, can't give me the kind of money I need, on the other hand, coding will, and more sef, infact, I dream to own a biggest tech company in africa in the next 10 years, I'm considering paying someone to build an app for me for now while I take my time to learn app development and create youtube contents.

All I really need is to know mobile app development and nothing more, I can't be in the business of tech and not know anything about it, so I have chosen flutter cause most of the apps are MVPs and when I settled finally I will pay for a more technical and or advanced coders, thanks my passion anyways, and also cause it will make me money, I don't want to coding to apply for job anywhere.
Simply start like this

What do I need to know to make this app atleast the basic way I can?

What Do I currently know and can do?
What can I learn?

What part should I leave out for now?

Meanwhile the above question are traps, they are not easy to answer, as you go further you begin to see different way to answer them. But what should get you going is that at the end of the day you would not remain the same.

This is why I spoke about not looking at the money of a thing and focus on what transformation would happen to you if you choose the YouTube path or coding path.

As for being happy at the long run, it depends on the big picture of your plan towards the future, if f being rich in the nearest future, let’s say 2-3 years from now, let me not deceive you.
Software dev is very tricky. Thread with care.

As for YouTube it depends on your sense of and ability to market what you do and how to catch people, I don’t do that so Can’t say much.

If the big picture is to become a great tech guy like in 2years from now with consistence you shall be there but not necessarily with the money because 2 - 4 are people who have potentials but needs the spark to explode. If it for the money let’s say 4- 7 years from now with hardworking you’re guaranteed if you put dedication to it. You would have contacts to call for your expertise. So it depends on the patience your big picture carries.

1 Like

Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by Killertune20: 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
stanliwise:

Simply start like this

What do I need to know to with hardworking you’re guaranteed if you put dedication to it. You would have contacts to call for your expertise. So it depends on the patience your big picture carries.

Thanks for your advice gee, I'm grateful, the hustle must pay this year, I read about great people who are digital entrepreneurs and it feels like a height unattainable but then, it's better to try and fail than to sit and watch, however, in this case I'm certain of success, thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: Programmer Vs Youtuber? by calcal: 1:51am On Jan 18, 2021
The YouTuber of a thing is cool, go for it.
Learning programming is easy but making something out of it is not easy.

App development is easy to start but making a good one requires experience.

install Android studio go youtube tutorial start from there, you will understand what I mean.

as you are driving the uber, any extra you get, you may want to buy BTC or ETH, just keep it in your wallet for a long time. you will smile letter.
anyway, I am not a financial adviser ooo!

(1) (Reply)

How 2 Use Ups As Inverter 24hrs / Becoming A Badass Developer Learning, Building And Growing With Zuri / Complete Css Tutorial For Beginners – Css Syntax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.