Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo (1232 Views)

Fear In Saraki’s Camp As Dino Melaye, Other Senators Keep Silent / Photos From Adanma Ohakim's Wedding Today In Abuja / Face Of An Achiever: Godswill Akpabio (pics Dont Lie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by TochukwuC: 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2011
Former President of the country and the chairman of the PDP’s Board of Trustees, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has described the governor of the state, Chief Ikedi Ohakim as a silent achiever, and urged Imo people to vote for him for second term.
Obasanjo spoke Thursday in Owerri at the grand finale of the PDP campaign rallies in the state at Dan Anyiam Stadium and advised Imo citizens to beware of desperate politicians who do not mean well for them and for the state, describing Ohakim further as a performer, a man of character and a winning horse.
The former president told Imo people to be careful, and not gullible to give their votes to politicians who only make empty promises and claim to be what they are not, pointing out that the zoning system still holds in the state as long as the people of Imo state have accepted and allowed it to hold for 8 years in this dispensation.
According to Obasanjo “as long as Imo people have allowed zoning 8 years in this dispensation, it should not be disrupted for the interest of peace. It won’t be different because Ohakim has laid a solid foundation for the transformation of the state. He deserves to be allowed for another four years. You don’t allow politicians who make empty promises”.
Obasanjo thanked all the PDP chieftains who have also stood firm in the face of numerous challenges and urged them to continue to support the party, advising the people of the state to vote massively for all the PDP candidates in the April elections.

Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by assme: 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2011
Please which party is Ohakim and which party is OBJ? ok, let me rephrase, what else did expect OBJ to say of his fellow party armedrobber member?

Una no dey tire?!!! Ohakim and his followers are not just smart.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by alexleo(m): 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2011
@poster,
oh pls spare us this rubbish.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by yogos: 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2011
Please humour me. How does someone become a silent achiever?
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by TochukwuC: 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2011
Please humour me. How does someone become a silent achiever?

Our dear Governor doesn't brag on his achievements so far because he believes that a leader is meant to serve the people and not the other way round. He brought developments to Imo State because he strongly believes that's how life is supposed to be. i.e when given the opportunity as a Governor of a State, you don't any option other than to work. visit www.ohakim2011.com and www.imomanylies.com.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by Bawss1(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2011
Tochukwu C:

Our dear Governor doesn't brag on his achievements so far because he believes that a leader is meant to serve the people and not the other way round. He brought developments to Imo State because he strongly believes that's how life is supposed to be. i.e when given the opportunity as a Governor of a State, you don't any option other than to work. visit www.ohakim2011.com and www.imomanylies.com.

Your dear governor doesn't brag about his achievements? shocked Yet dstv channels are replete with adverts proclaiming the so called transformation that Ohakim is bringing to Imo State. This wouldn't be a bad thing if there were actually notable achievements, then people will readily surrender bragging rights to him.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by Bawss1(m): 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2011
Very funny, I think silent achiever is now the politically correct way of referring to an under-performer. cheesy cheesy
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by assme: 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2011
@TochukwuC

Please do we have to go to websites or links to see what is happening in our state? I wouldn't be surprised if Ohakim has Photoshopped our beloved Imo state on the web to make it look like what it is not to people outside. Do you also have the links to those of Lagos and Port Harcourt? I'm sure you don't cos over there, people testify for the governors not web links.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by yogos: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2011
Tochukwu C:

My friend i was just been sarcastic. In a country like Nigeria where mediocrity makes the front pages, no one can be a silent achiever.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by andrewnwa: 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2011
Your dear governor doesn't brag about his achievements?   Yet dstv channels are replete with adverts proclaiming the so called transformation that Ohakim is bringing to Imo State. This wouldn't be a bad thing if there were actually notable achievements, then people will readily surrender bragging rights to him.

@BAWSS, ITS EVIDENT DAT URE NOT IN IMO STATE OR PROBABLY U HAV AN EYE PROBLEM, CZ U'LL HAV BEIN ABLE TO SEE HIS TREMENDOUS ACHIEVEMENT IN ALL SECTORS OF THE STATE. EVERYTIN BEIN ADVERTISED ON DSTV IS A REALITY, SO I ADVISE U FOLLOW THE MOVING TRAIN, A TRAIN THAT WILL TRANSFORM UR ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD, A TRAIN THAT WILL CONTINUE TO MODERNIZE THE STATE,
SO LETS GIVE HIM THE NECESSARY SUPPORT SO THAT HE CAN "DO MORE", instead of castigating his wonderful achievement just becz he wasnt able to please u in one way or the other.

MERCIEeee!
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by assme: 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2011
All u Ohakim die hard followers (TochukwuC, andrewnwa, Arinzee et al) we will never take your statements seriously unless we hear from true and unbiased imos' cos there's no doubt that u guys have been compromised.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by Bawss1(m): 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
@ Andrewnwa, if Ohakim's achievement is described as 'tremendous' then what terms will people use in describing the achievements of Fashola and Amaechi?

Ohakim and his Abia state counterpart are arguably Nigeria's most under performing governors of this era.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by andrewnwa: 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
Please do we have to go to websites or links to see what is happening in our state?  I wouldn't be surprised if Ohakim has Photoshopped our beloved Imo state on the web to make it look like what it is not to people outside. Do you also have the links to those of Lagos and Port Harcourt? I'm sure you don't cos over there, people testify for the governors not web links.

The pics below is just 2 of many infrastructural development by his administration,

Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by arinzeeze: 4:54pm On Apr 01, 2011
[s]Ohakim and his Abia state counterpart are arguably Nigeria's most under performing governors of this era.[/s]

@Bawss1,  you are the only one in this country that doesn't kw that Ohakim was given an award buy BJAN.http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/brands-a-marketing/15123-akunyili-ohakim-bag-bjans-awards
i think you have  a problem of not thinking before you talk or finding out things. you are fund of making glib comment. wake up and embrace the truth and stop spreading the propaganda you hear all over the place.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by ektbear: 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2011
Bawss1:

@ Andrewnwa, if Ohakim's achievement is described as 'tremendous' then what terms will people use in describing the achievements of Fashola and Amaechi?

Ohakim and his Abia state counterpart are arguably Nigeria's most under performing governors of this era.

Gbenga Daniel, Alao Akala might be worse undecided

But I understand your point.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by Bawss1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2011
andrewnwa:

The pics below is just 2 of many infrastructural development by his administration,

Dude the picture you put up appears doctored. The picture of the road. grin grin

Besides nobody will describe those roads as tremendous achievements.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by Dede1(m): 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2011
Sometimes elections tend to disappoint individuals loaded with the by-products of electioneering machinations. I had really wanted Ohakim to vacate the seat of government in Owerri, Imo State but political dynamism on the ground would not allow such individual imagination to come through. Granted Ohakim has actually done a touchup job during his first term as governor of Imo State, he has left many citizens of the state with antagonistic feelings towards his irascible demeanor.

There is a strong feeling toward upholding the principles of zoning in Imo State regardless the mottos of contending political parties. It is the benevolence of this unforeseen political dynamism that had played into the waiting hands of Ohakim. If human minds could be read as plain text, the pledge of Arurume to serve as one-term governor could have been considered by the citizens of Imo State especially the Owerri zone which may decide the next governor.

Ohakim does not have the constitutional mandate to seek third term which preserves the zoning doctrine whereby Owerri zone shall produce the next governor in 2015.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by Dede1(m): 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2011
andrewnwa:

The roads in your post were the handiwork of Senator Ifeanyi Arurume. I travelled on the network of roads in 2004 from Umuahia to Amaraku/Anara.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by timbuktwo: 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2011
i love it. since when are roads major achievements in an administrations portfolio.

how big is the state budget again? surely the man must have done something other than build two roads.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by arinzeeze: 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
The roads in your post were the handiwork of Senator Ifeanyi Arurume. I travelled on the network of roads in 2004 from Umuahia to Amaraku/Anara.
@Dede1, you are a liar shocked
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by arinzeeze: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2011
@timbuk two,  can you visit ohakim2011.org to see more things for yourself and imomanylies.com
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by Dede1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2011
arinzeeze:

@Dede1, you are a liar shocked

How am I a liar? I guess there were no network of roads within the axis in question until Ohakim became the governor of Imo State. If you continue to twist the truth out of form for cheap political glance, you could create political issues for Ohakim.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by timbuktwo: 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2011
arinzeeze:

@timbuk two,  can you visit ohakim2011.org to see more things for yourself and imomanylies.com

thank you. i will.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by FACE(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2011
Dede1:

Abeg Dede jie brake. How and when did Ararume build those roads ?
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by mamagee3(f): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2011
It looks like Obasanjo talks too damn much these days. . .

Think it's high time we shut him up for a minute.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by Dede1(m): 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2011
FACE:

Abeg Dede jie brake. How and when did Ararume build those roads ?

I did not mean Ararume built the network of roads in posts because the roads existed in certain forms before the birth of Ohakim or Ararume. Granted that a Senator does not control state’s resources or budget, yet a person who represents a constituency in such capacity has political influence to attract projects such as repair or re-surface of roads.

The network of roads in question which starts at “7th Corners at Obowo” or where the Owerri/Mbaise road joined Umuahia/Obowo road which goes through Umuelemia to Amaraku/Anara was in peak form in 2004. I inquired from few local political practitioners in Amaraku and Igiri who was responsible for the peak conditions of the roads. They resourcefully informed me it was the handiwork of Senator Ararume. 

By the way, I have no stake in the outcome of gubernatorial election in Imo State.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by alexleo(m): 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2011
There is nothing silent achiever about Ohakim. He is a man that advertises every pin he drops in Imo State. Here is a man whose so called achievecents is a far cry from the allocation he is getting. Yet as small as the allocation of Enugu State is , Governor Chime has performed so well. In all these , chime doesn't make noise like Ohakim.
Am from owerri zone but i dont care if Rochas should win. All i care is good governance.
God save Imo State from incompetent leaders in this election. Amen.
Re: Ohakim Is A Silent Achiever- Obasanjo by oderemo(m): 9:14pm On Apr 01, 2011
i was expecting this silent/salient governor to have created zillion jobs, taken imo state citizen to the space and back within his term in office,ahh i forgot plumb all household to clean and safe water, education ,cumpolsory and free for all to gcse level and so on and so forth.
but immeditelly you need the devil hand to prop your campaign up ala obj, then i know something is fishy. cos
obj, what did he do for 8yrs while in govt?
touching up roads and glossing up run down buildings at this 99th tym will not save the governor skin i think.

(1) (Reply)

IKOSI ISHERI LCDA COLLECTED 20,000 NAIRA FOR RADIO AND TV PERMIT FOR A 12X12 / History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! / Is Election Fraud, Misrepresentation, Forgery And Falsification Lawful ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.