Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

NAFDAC Warns Nigerians Over ‘fake COVID-19 Vaccines’ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians Over ‘fake COVID-19 Vaccines’ (415 Views)

A Kidney Now Costs $262,000; Heart, $119,000, UN Warns Nigerians / NAFDAC Warns Against Taking `Maishayi’ Tea Made By Hausa Tea Vendors / Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Warns Nigerians Over ‘fake COVID-19 Vaccines’ by iampeterben(m): 8:40am On Jan 16, 2021
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration Control (NAFDAC) has cautioned Nigerians over ‘fake coronavirus vaccines’ in the country, explaining that no vaccines have been approved by the agency.

The Director-General of the agency, Mojisola Adeyeye, made this known in a statement on Friday, stressing that Nigerians should not use any vaccines not approved by it.

“The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has not received any application from Covid Vaccine manufacturers yet and therefore no vaccines have been approved by NAFDAC.

“COVID-19 vaccines are new, and the side effects or adverse events must be well monitored, therefore, if NAFDAC does not approve, the public should not use,” Mrs Adeyeye said.

The agency cautioned Nigerians and other residents to beware of the vaccines, explaining that it can cause coronavirus-like illness and other serious disease that could kill

“There are reports of fake vaccines in Nigeria. NAFDAC is pleading with the public to beware. No COVID Vaccines have been approved by NAFDAC. Fake vaccines can cause COVID-like illnesses or other serious diseases that could kill.”

The agency warned companies and corporations not to order for the vaccines, stressing that if the manufacturers are genuine companies, they ought to know that they have to submit their application to the agency.

“Vaccines should not be ordered by any company or corporation. The companies that manufacture the vaccines if they are genuine companies know they have to submit their application to NAFDAC.”

Mrs Adeyeye declared that no government establishment or agency should order for the vaccines without confirming from the agency if the vaccine has been approved.

“However, NAFDAC is discussing with manufacturers of candidate COVID-19 vaccines concerning potential Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), registration or licensing of their product as the case may be.

“The Agency assures applicants that if Phase 3 clinical data are very convincing and robust with regards to safety and efficacy, and the vaccine has been submitted for WHO for Emergency Use Listing, NAFDAC will welcome the application for Emergency Use Authorisation in Nigeria.”

Nigeria is set to receive about 100,000 free COVID-19 vaccines this month based on a COVAX arrangement put in place by the World Health Organisation and its partners. Mrs Adeyeye’s statement thus implies that even that WHO approved vaccine must be approved by NAFDAC for it to be used in Nigeria.

Nigeria has recorded over 100,000 COVID-19 cases with over 80,000 people recovering after treatment. The country is currently experiencing the second wave of the virus with more infections being recorded in the past month than at any other time.

Source:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/436788-nafdac-warns-nigerians-over-fake-covid-19-vaccines.html

Re: NAFDAC Warns Nigerians Over ‘fake COVID-19 Vaccines’ by Jakumo(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2021
I have vaccinated many patients while confidently seated astride my mobile Okada clinic that is generally parked under Oshodi Bridge on weekends when there are no police around, using a carefully concocted mixture of cow urine and stale Gulder beer, along with the arterial blood of red-headed Agama lizards, all carefully filtered though an old, fairly used foam mattress that I found in the gutter and washed.

So far, none of my patients have reported themselves to have died as a result of Corona virus infection, although about 15 of them reportedly died from my injections, which thereby prevented them from from becoming infected by any virus, thank you Lord.

My injections cost a lot, but are well worth the expense. I do welcome credit card payments, and for those without cash, I have been known to accept some BALES of high quality, organically cultivated cannabis sativa, as alternative legal tender payment to cover this innovative treatment regime.
Re: NAFDAC Warns Nigerians Over ‘fake COVID-19 Vaccines’ by lalasticlala(m): 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2021

(1)

How I Knew I Was Pregnant: Implantation Bleeding Or Period And 7 Ways To Tell Th / Scorpion / This 5 Natural Remedies Cures Staphylococcus And Gonorrhea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.