Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Agege Bread: How Did That Name Come About? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Agege Bread: How Did That Name Come About? (512 Views)

Davido Has Finally Disgrace Himself See What He Did That Got Everyone Talking / See The Comedy Skit Baba Ijehsa Did That Makes Iyabo Ojo To Hate Him (video) / Bbnaija 2019: See What Ike Did That People Are Talking About (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agege Bread: How Did That Name Come About? by OfficialAwol(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
I don't know about the North, but in the West and the East, the name 'Agege Bread' is used to represent unsliced, and sometimes low-budget, bread.

The Nollywood classic 'Osuofia in London' paid respect to it's popularity when in one of the scenes, Osuofia went to a grocery store and requested for 'Agege Bread' which he was disappointed they didn't have. Lol.

Most recently too, Mayorkun has popularized his catchphrase of "This bread no be Agege" which still pays homage to Agege Bread.

But the question is how the Agege bread become so popular? Was there a bakery cluster in Agege or what?

Anyone knows its history?

Lalasticlala do you?
Re: Agege Bread: How Did That Name Come About? by osamz007: 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
COME MAKE I TELL YOU WETIN HAPPEN FOR ABULE
Re: Agege Bread: How Did That Name Come About? by OfficialAwol(m): 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
osamz007:
COME MAKE I TELL YOU WETIN HAPPEN FOR ABULE

Talk am here.

Or you wan go tear my nyash undecided undecided undecided
Re: Agege Bread: How Did That Name Come About? by osamz007: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
OfficialAwol:

Talk am here.
Or you wan go tear my nyash undecided undecided undecided
NO GAYS IN ABULE

Re: Agege Bread: How Did That Name Come About? by OfficialAwol(m): 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
osamz007:

NO GAYS IN ABULE

Your own Abule must be located in heaven

(1) (Reply)

Harrysong Announces Wedding Date (Photo) / Video & Photos: Nollywood Actor Jide Awobona Clocks A New Age / Don’t Tattoo Me On Your Body, Buy Me A Range Rover”–actress, Lily Tells Her Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.