Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,608 members, 7,820,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos (14259 Views)

Indian Man Dies After Using Glue To Seal His Penis Shut In Drug-Fuelled Romp / COVID-19: Lagos Warns Of Second Wave, May Impose Another Lockdown / 566 New COVID-19 Cases, 395 Discharged And 8 Deaths On June 29 - (1953 Tested) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Lanrelagboi: 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2021
No fewer than 566 persons have been arrested and 502 convicted for breaching COVID-19 Regulations in Lagos, since the advent of the pandemic’s second wave.

The Nation learnt that 32 clubs and event centres have also been shut by the Lagos State Safety Commission including the Event Hall of Eko Club, which was closed down last Tuesday.

It was gathered that Lagos prosecutors have also begun requesting presiding magistrates to ensure that anyone apprehended for breaching COVID-19 Regulations is made to undergo a mandatory COVID-19 test.

These and more were the contents of a January 14 letter from the Lagos State Ministry of Justice, seen by The Nation Saturday.

In it, Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Moyosore Onigbanjo, SAN, addressed the concerns of a lawyer and member of the Body of Benchers, Mr Kunle Uthman, over the pandemic’s second wave in Lagos.

Uthman, in a January 13 letter to the AG, accused the Lagos State Government of inadvertently aiding the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, adding that things were “business as usual” in the state.

He alleged that the state was failing to enforce safety protocols and that government officials were complicit in flouting COVID-19 preventive protocols.

Uthman referenced a “funeral outing party… held with grandiose fanfare without social distancing and failure to enforce the wearing of face masks,” at a “prestigious” club hall in Surulere with capacity in excess of 2,500 persons.

“As it is, day-by-day, these large parties are being organised and attended by even highly placed LASG officials,” he added.

But in his response, the government described some of Uthman’s conclusions as” misconceptions and inaccuracies which need clarification.”

He argued that the lawyer’s claims that there isn’t any decipherable commitment by the state government “is to blatantly overlook the numerous initiatives and steps taken by the state government to protect lives and property.”

Onigbanjo said: “The State Government never shied away from admitting that Lagos is indeed the epicenter of the virus in Nigeria. But is it “business-as-usual”? Most certainly not.”

He noted that last March 27, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu signed into Law the first COVID-19 Regulations to be issued by any government nationwide, adding that thousands have been successfully treated and discharged from the state’s isolation centres and home-based care till date.

Onigbanjo said: “When the 2nd wave started, Mr. Governor (even whilst just recovering from being infected with the virus) addressed a press conference on 18 December 2020 and shut down, nightclubs, lounges, concerts and bars. The number of people who could attend social functions/restaurants was reduced and event centres were mandated to get clearance from the Lagos State Safety Commission before going ahead with any event.

A plan to construct three oxygen plants was launched and on the 8th of January 2021, the first installed oxygen plant was commissioned at Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba. This is capable of producing 60 large cylinders a day of high-grade medical oxygen.”

He explained that apart from arrest of COVID-19 protocols violators, and in furtherance of prosecutors’ request for mandatory COVID-19 test for defendants in Covid-19 trials, anyone who tests positive is immediately taken to an isolation centre.

Onigbanjo added: “COVID-19 tests are still conducted for free at State government test and sample centres. About 20 private labs are to carry out tests in order to provide alternatives to members of the public who want their tests done for a variety of reasons. It is only these private labs who charge a fee for tests.

“The State government is also currently discussing with vaccine manufacturers with a view to making vaccines available to Lagosians.

“As it relates to Event Centres, the extant Regulations remain that all Event Planners must obtain prior clearance from the Lagos State Safety Commission (lasgsafetyreg.com) for all events and ensure that any planned gatherings do not exceed the prescribed number, while nightclubs, bars and lounges remain closed.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/covid-19-2nd-wave-566-arrested-502-convicted-32-clubs-shut-in-lagos/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Flexherbal(m): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
This Covid matter get as e bi.
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by osamz007: 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
WAHALA FOR WHO STILL DEY GO CLUB

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Lagosfinder(m): 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
Stay safe
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by macolino(m): 4:57am On Jan 17, 2021
Inukwa

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Fuckyoumod: 4:58am On Jan 17, 2021
Hmmm sometimes I wonder if the covid that is killing people in England, U.S and the rest of the world is different from the one we have here in Nigeria? Because Nigeria covid I no understand.

As for the clubs and events, there are lots of girls that depend on the clubs and runs to survive. In fact they consider it a bad and unsuccessful Night if they are not taken home and get paid for sex. Girls!!! Abi na lie?

They must fvck a nigga, if they must eat and buy toiletries, cloths and make ups. My Niggas, I mean those that have taken the REDPILL!!! abi na lie? To all the SIMP's if you read this post and refuse to change, your eye go blind!!!

90% of women who go to events are there to find husband, catch a nigga (fvck mate) or eat food.

Because 90% of this Nigerian women are broke assess.

Their dependence on MEN will continue for all ages.

Na so one dey tell me yesterday, Schools are about to resume, I have no provision, no new cloths, no toiletries, no feeding money, how do I cope? How do I settle down and study? etc.

Then I asked her, girl this is your 3rd year in school, who they train you for school? Who they sponsor your education? She reluctantly said my father!!! I laughed in my mind and I said call your father. It takes a Redpill taker to give such a response. I no train another man daughter, if you born, train her, if you don't want to train your daughter, let her remain uneducated for you. not even my wife.

Lol... Just imagine what I am,

REDPILL + SMAN = FEMALE BRUTALITY.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by gambia(m): 4:59am On Jan 17, 2021
There's time for everything, must you people club? Misplaced priority

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by TruthSeeker1: 5:00am On Jan 17, 2021
u
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by joseph1832(m): 5:01am On Jan 17, 2021
Truth be told. Covid 19 or not, many Nigerians find it very hard to obey simple rules. Some can't even obey simple WhatsApp group rule that takes absolutely nothing from them.

It's just a shame.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Nobody: 5:01am On Jan 17, 2021
I just hope clubs, event centers, beach are excluded from paying taxes as this second wave is rearing its ugly head...
Am not saying people should flout the orders put in place by the government but you can't expect me to pay tax when am not doing business

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Kingexcellence(m): 5:03am On Jan 17, 2021
This matter wear cap o

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by aduhube: 5:05am On Jan 17, 2021
Ok
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by gentleg87(m): 5:08am On Jan 17, 2021
Audio closure...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 17, 2021
But they can gather for election grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Cutehector(m): 5:14am On Jan 17, 2021
grin
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Pat081: 5:16am On Jan 17, 2021
Send them to a month or two in jail or cell so that others will b wise
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Cheryph200(m): 5:24am On Jan 17, 2021
Conivd is real but the Govt are wicked too.. Imagine they compulsory NIN at this period when you know Nigeria don't obey simple rule, one of my friend mum just died of convid this morning, please everyone should stay safe for now

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Atheistan: 5:30am On Jan 17, 2021
Covid is real, let's stay safe.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by bluefilm: 5:44am On Jan 17, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Hmmm sometimes I wonder if the covid that is killing people in England, U.S and the rest of the world is different from the one we have here in Nigeria? Because Nigeria covid I no understand.

As for the clubs and events, there are lots of girls that depend on the clubs and runs to survive. In fact they consider it a bad and unsuccessful Night if they are not taken home and get paid for sex. Girls!!! Abi na lie?

They must fvck a nigga, if they must eat and buy toiletries, cloths and make ups. My Niggas, I mean those that have taken the REDPILL!!! abi na lie? To all the SIMP's if you read this post and refuse to change, your eye go blind!!!

90% of women who go to events are there to find husband, catch a nigga (fvck mate) or eat food.

Because 90% of this Nigerian women are broke assess.

Their dependence on MEN will continue for all ages.

Na so one dey tell me yesterday, Schools are about to resume, I have no provision, no new cloths, no toiletries, no feeding money, how do I cope? How do I settle down and study? etc.

Then I asked her, girl this is your 3rd year in school, who they train you for school? Who they sponsor your education? She reluctantly said my father!!! I laughed in my mind and I said call your father. It takes a Redpill taker to give such a response. I no train another man daughter, if you born, train her, if you don't want to train your daughter, let her remain uneducated for you. not even my wife.

Lol... Just imagine what I am,

REDPILL + SMAN = FEMALE BRUTALITY.

You are the man!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by Jostoman: 5:53am On Jan 17, 2021
Sanwo olu clap for yourself
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by omoyankee3(m): 5:56am On Jan 17, 2021
Clubbing is not essential
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by tillaman(m): 6:11am On Jan 17, 2021
sad
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by mastertek: 6:13am On Jan 17, 2021
We just need another protest to counter their rubbish.

They've started again, as if government officials us to obey their covid-419 rules
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by dfrost: 6:26am On Jan 17, 2021
What is wrong with Nigerians and self-control?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by dfrost: 6:27am On Jan 17, 2021
omoyankee3:
Clubbing is not essential

Exactly. Must one club to exist?
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by dfrost: 6:32am On Jan 17, 2021
joseph1832:
Truth be told. Covid 19 or not, many Nigerians find it very hard to obey simple rules. Some can't even obey simple WhatsApp group rule that takes absolutely nothing from them.

It's just a shame.

Joe, that WhatsApp own is a different ballgame entirely. Tell them not to send unrelated material, next thing someone forwards a message on how COVID is caused by not drinking rain water. How? What happens if they do not forward?
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by dayleke: 6:33am On Jan 17, 2021
Covid19 is real
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by tunwumi: 6:33am On Jan 17, 2021
This swing both ways. There is disease on one side there is hunger on another. In Nigeria people choose disease since we have been dealing with hunger but pandemic is new.

Don't blame the club and the attendees it just a way to survive as there is no hope.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 6:34am On Jan 17, 2021
People arrested for covid19 breaches shudnt be locked in police cells bt temporary isolation cells. They aren’t criminals just violators.

The clubs should have more of the blame than the people visiting.

The government also shud be more proactive than reactive.
Re: COVID-19 Second Wave: 566 Arrested, 502 Convicted, 32 Clubs Shut In Lagos by dayleke: 6:35am On Jan 17, 2021
Cheryph200:
Conivd is real but the Govt are wicked too.. Imagine they compulsory NIN at this period when you know Nigeria don't obey simple rule, one of my friend mum just died of convid this morning, please everyone should stay safe for now

Sorry.
May their soul RIP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Approves COVID Vaccine Booster Shots / Kayan Mata Wholesalers And Distributors Needed / Three Fresh Omicron Cases Confirmed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.