Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN (4157 Views)

Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay / More Discomfort For Nigerians As NIMC Issues Fresh Directive / Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has issued a fresh instruction regarding National Identification Number (NIN) generated via Bank Verification Number (BVN).

Before now, Nigerians believe that even if you don’t have NIN but you have BVN, it will automatically generate a random NIN for you. The believe is that when you registered for your BVN, an NIN number was created for you.

But NIMC took to their twitter handle to issue a fresh instruction to citizens who haven’t enrolled for their National Identity Card Management.

On its Twitter handle, @nimc_ng, the commission said Nigerians must complete their NIN registration, even if their BVN generates the special digit.

The notice read: “If your NIN was generated due to the BVN record harmonisation with the National Identity Database, you will not have access to the NIMC mobile app and your NIN-SIM integration will be invalid.

“Kindly visit an enrolment centre to complete your NIN registration.” The new order comes a day after NIMC warned Nigerians to stay away from a fake app that claims to help link NIN to SIM cards.

The commission claimed that the app was run by fraudsters, who used it to harvest NINs and BVNs. While crowds continued to besiege the enrolment centres, others have kept throwing tantrums at the Federal Government, NIMC and the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) for making them pass through what they described as harrowing experiences.

I know it has not been easy registering for National Identity Card because of the administrative bottle neck who have decided to play politics with it in different centers but you still need to try to get registered.

Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by InfernoNig: 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
They are not serious at all. I did my NIN 2014, up till now, I still dey carry paper dey waka.

3 Likes

Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by Deasegun19(m): 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
each passing day for naija na so so problem from the govt...mtchew

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by TheStakeHolder(m): 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
Nothing new here. It's the same thing. Go to their office and register for the NIN.
Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by VictorUSA(m): 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2021
I'm going to the USA
Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by funstufz: 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
I did mine in 2013....

Even now, am trying to login on the website to generate the new slip but it's not connecting....
Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by Salliet(m): 4:44am On Jan 17, 2021
If Nimc can not migrate captured data (biometrics and other bio data) from a reliable exercise done to obtain BVN.

How are we sure the so called NIN would be able to support other services (like FRSC, Passport office etc) that would be requesting this same data from them later?

They just want to NIN enrollment to pass through them for maximum opportunity to prolly enrich themselves from the wack process and deadlines.

4 Likes

Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by TANID(m): 7:54am On Jan 17, 2021
What A Problem Nation

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by florenceolatude: 6:14am On Aug 26, 2023
adebanjojide:
my NIN date of birth DOB was corrected by Dr Paul and I have checked it on the NIMC portal it reflected. I will advice anyone that has any NIN issues to contact him for genuine assistant.
Thanks for this infor. I have already contacted him to help me to correct my NIN wrong names
Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by florencolatude: 9:27am On Sep 29, 2023
I need help on how to correct my NIN wrong DOB, need it urgent for traveling purpose
Re: NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2023
bobkezel, kindly contact me on WhatsApp. I lost your number.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno L8 Vs Itel It1516plus / Kool Wap Sites. / Get 1034mb Free Data Plan From Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.