Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" (26949 Views)

Angry Arsenal Fans Blast Pep For Defending Arteta After 5-0 Thrashing / Mikel Obi – Why I Rejected Man United For Chelsea / Real Madrid Player Gareth Bale Could Move To Manchester United For €150 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by lexy2014: 11:56am On Jan 18, 2021
Tikai:
This guy complains too much... Wtf... Oya use trampoline and jump over d defense na... F*cking German ....
U complain alot. Kindly look forward to ur next march and don't blank...

Can u show me d complain in d article?
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by MrBONE2(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2021
longetivity:
what's stopping yeye Liverpool from scoring

Packing Da Lorry grin

Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by AroleOduduwa2: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
I’m a pool fan, but I am tired of Kloop’s excuses. Defending is part of the game

1 Like

Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by emezuo17: 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
Asadujames202:
Ahmed Bolah Thief nubu is dead

Hahahahahshaha tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
. Please you guys should stop all this, we have enough hate already to last us a life time.
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by JaffyJoe(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
obembet:

I agree with klopp, a champion does not play only defensive and counter attack football. Big team control the games with tactics. what's the importance of being a champion without playing a dominating football. counter attack football is for small teams with limited budget. but ole cannot be blamed since he has always managed small teams playing counter attack football and winning by luck. the board should be blamed to bring a small team manager at man utd who wins matches by trial and error,luck and player individuality.

Lalasticlala

The Fulani took administration of Ilorin through deceit, USA ended WW2 through the element of surprise and deceit, Nigeria government won the Biafra War by tactically cutting off supply to the East, Maradona won the world cup for Argentina by the hand of god cheat. Basically, getting results is the most important in this selfish world, not morality.
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by pat077: 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
lexy2014:

Where did he complain? If u follow d heading of d thread/article, u will be misled
"The worst thing you can face in the world, in football is you play against a side with world-class players and they all defend with all they have, deep in the box and only counter-attack" if that statement is not complain, then, what is it?

1 Like

Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by iphanyi10(m): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
Packing the bus, reliance on a single player, individual brilliance, luck, can win you matches but they'll rarely win you league titles.

Liverpool and man city all work as a team, dominate matches, win convincingly and have several outstanding players coupled with a good coach, reason why they're always at the top.

This season is quite different though maybe due to the pandemic and injuries,so it could swing anyway.

By the way, for a champion Klopp nags alot. You cannot have your way all the time, move on.

4 Likes

Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by pat077: 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by kechywillz(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2021
Rashford for me could have changed the game by giving the pass to Cavani to score,instead he wanted to dribble the whole defense to score

1 Like

Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by Lamasta(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2021
joeflex6:

Same applies to Villa and they've been a really good team this season. I'm sure they won't make it easy for City on Wed
We are still going to win them all things been equal
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by Finnestgreat: 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by lexy2014: 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
pat077:
"The worst thing you can face in the world, in football is you play against a side with world-class players and they all defend with all they have, deep in the box and only counter-attack" if that statement is not complain, then, what is it?

That isn't a complain. It's an analysis of d game as his team encountered it. He was even complimentary of man u players by saying that his team found it more difficult because of d quality and commitment of players in d United team in defending & counter attacking. I don't no where u saw complain
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by lexy2014: 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:
I’m a pool fan, but I am tired of Kloop’s excuses. Defending is part of the game

Where's d excuse?
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by mulerogold(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
uniquetechng:
I watched the match in my house oga, the screenshot from Liverscore still show Liverpool dorminated the game.
At a time Liverpool was having 7 corners to Man United 0 corners.
What Klopp said is the truth because this isn't the first time United have had to park bus, even against Leeds United Man U parked bus and were hitting Leeds on the counter, against Aston Villa they did same thing.
In the 0-1 loss to Arsenal at Old Trafford United also parked bus, against Man City they parked bus as well, so what's your point.

United has scored just one goal against the top six teams this season and that was the in the 1-7 loss to Tottenham at Old Trafford which is testament to their bus parking tactics hoping for penalties or counters .

You may watch the match but you are a poor analyst! grin

Talking about counter attacks or defensive tactics, Is united playing against the FA rule?

Liverpool of this season are not playing well enough as they did in the previous campaign.

Conceded 7goals to Aston Villa
And failed to win any of their last 3 matches.

On 4th of January, Southampton did a good job to defeat Liverpool in a 1-0 defensive style of play.

What is Klopp saying about that?

Liverpool is were they are today as a result of fatigue.

You cannot keep winning all the time.
This is EPL!
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by mulerogold(m): 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
uniquetechng:
I watched the match in my house oga, the screenshot from Liverscore still show Liverpool dorminated the game.
At a time Liverpool was having 7 corners to Man United 0 corners.
What Klopp said is the truth because this isn't the first time United have had to park bus, even against Leeds United Man U parked bus and were hitting Leeds on the counter, against Aston Villa they did same thing.
In the 0-1 loss to Arsenal at Old Trafford United also parked bus, against Man City they parked bus as well, so what's your point.

United has scored just one goal against the top six teams this season and that was the in the 1-7 loss to Tottenham at Old Trafford which is testament to their bus parking tactics hoping for penalties or counters .

Point of correction.
Man u vs spurs back in October last year ended 1-6
Not 1-7.
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by Markswag101: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2021
I'll never understand why coaches complain about deep block defending. do they expect the opposing team to open their defense so dem go score them? grin
if you have a good attack you should be able to breach any deep block. go and work on your attacking drills and stop complaining

1 Like

Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by decub: 12:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
obembet:

I agree with klopp, a champion does not play only defensive and counter attack football. Big team control the games with tactics. what's the importance of being a champion without playing a dominating football. counter attack football is for small teams with limited budget. but ole cannot be blamed since he has always managed small teams playing counter attack football and winning by luck. the board should be blamed to bring a small team manager at man utd who wins matches by trial and error,luck and player individuality.

Lalasticlala
Sad as it may sound, that was the only way Ole could have gotten the desired draw.
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by LordOfTheWeed: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
uniquetechng:
Liverpool had 77% ball possession with United having just 23%, is that your definition of United playing better?

Even against Aston Villa United parked the bus and we're relying on counter ,luckily they were bailed out by the ref who awarded underserved penalty to them.
If you want to talk trash, at least get your facts right.. Where did you get your nonsense statistics from?? Man U had 23% possession??
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by lymelyte(m): 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
kereman1:
Man u suprised me, they played better than Liverpool, they had better goal chances than Liverpool and yet this foolish kloop is criticising them
dis ur criticism na die cheesy
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by jaxxy(m): 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Cerebellum:

Baba shuttap joor!

Blabbing like a nitttwitt

Are u not chickens? grin

Last time I checked Tottenham beat Manu 6-1?
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by CBARRY1: 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
FAR BETTER THAN 8 : 2 ( U.C.L.)
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by pat077: 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2021
lexy2014:

That isn't a complain. It's an analysis of d game as his team encountered it. He was even complimentary of man u players by saying that his team found it more difficult because of d quality and commitment of players in d United team in defending & counter attacking. I don't no where u saw complain
okay, I have heard u, it's not complain, it's lamentation.
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by paul61777: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
:Man u suprised me, they played better than Liverpool, they had better goal chances than Liverpool and yet this foolish kloop is criticising themdis ur criticism na die
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by romunu(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
That’s why they pay defenders,
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
chinchonglee:

Guardiola has been smashing who
Check OGS record vs Guardiola record...
That OGS has his own way of parking bus that is out of this world.
Baba(OGS) is chief of bus parking, even mourinho dey learn because he(OGS) will park bus and still attack you and create chances..
Thats why he goes for speedsters in his attack.
Ole out is now the best coach in the world? Same person you guys were calling for his head when United didn't qualify for champions league, why didn't he Park the bus on their last group match in the champions league when they needed a Draw to qualify.
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by chinchonglee(m): 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Ole out is now the best coach in the world? Same person you guys were calling for his head when United didn't qualify for champions league, why didn't he Park the bus on their last group match in the champions league when they needed a Draw to qualify.
Nigerians argue without reasoning...
must the tactics work every big game
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by bukxy: 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2021
uniquetechng:
Liverpool had 77% ball possession with United having just 23%, is that your definition of United playing better?

Even against Aston Villa United parked the bus and we're relying on counter ,luckily they were bailed out by the ref who awarded underserved penalty to them.
possession was
66% 34%
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by uniquetechng: 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
bukxy:

possession was
66% 34%
United possession improved in the dying minutes of the second half
Re: Klopp Criticises Manchester United For Defending "Deep In The Box" by skedy1(m): 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
akanbiaa:
Manchester United did what they had to do to maintain their spot at the top, it's also a reasonably applied tactics.

You the answer them??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshoala, Enganamouit, Onguene And Ebi In Accra For CAF Awards (Photos) / Alice Oluwafemiayo Breaks Powerlifting World Record In Mexico (Photos) / Fernerbahce Signs Victor Moses From Chelsea On Loan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.