Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,298 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:17 PM

LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic (17706 Views)

Motorist Assaults Policeman Trying To Arrest Him For Driving Against Traffic / Soldier Driving Against Traffic Beats A Man After Bashing His Car In Lagos / Danfo Driver Driving Against Traffic Resists Arrest, Strips Unclad & Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by Oluwaleinad14(m): 2:35am On Jan 19, 2021
emmydee:

Ok. I go wait for you too. Nonesense. Na me tell you to run one way?

Noh wahalla,i go get time tell you sey everybody nah offender in one way or the other. I go collect my car for your hand still beat you join ahm cos lowkey you be thief.
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by abdsamad(m): 3:31am On Jan 19, 2021
So we're supportive oppression now, aren't we?
What's next: If a man sleeps with another woman's wife, his own wife should be auctioned to another man?

Whilst this may sound like a good solution, I assure you it is not. You can't seize someone's property for driving against traffic. You can make them pay a heavy fine and keep the car until they do but you can't take over their property cos you're "government"

If we support this kind of thing then we should only blame ourselves when the same government thinks it's okay to put units like sars on our roads cos, apparently, we approve of oppressive behaviour

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by Jazzafizzy(f): 3:42am On Jan 19, 2021
olisefom:
Lagos houses a greater percentage of lawless drivers in the world.
Bros ever been to benin ? Yes that is the home of lawless drivers . Both men and women re guilty of this offence . One way driving is the surest thing in benin as No obeying of traffic laws . There equivalent lastma re not allowed to impound vehicles when offenders re found guilty.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by nedekid: 4:29am On Jan 19, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Auctioning people's car is no fair

The should be given fine and allowed to get back their car

The politicians and government officials are the one buying the cars at ridiculous prices

People who lost their cars at last auction were actually crying at the auction ground
When they finally buy another car, they should drive against traffic again.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:30am On Jan 19, 2021
Oluwaleinad14:
I go just go wait for anybody wey buy my car

If ur car na red colour, I go take am to love-vendor my ride and change the colors to blue. angry

Modified;

WTF nairaland turned PPIMP-MY-RIDE to Love vendor my ride? grin
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by nedekid: 4:35am On Jan 19, 2021
abdsamad:
So we're supportive oppression now, aren't we?
What's next: If a man sleeps with another woman's wife, his own wife should be auctioned to another man?

Whilst this may sound like a good solution, I assure you it is not. You can't seize someone's property for driving against traffic. You can make them pay a heavy fine and keep the car until they do but you can't take over their property cos you're "government"

If we support this kind of thing then we should only blame ourselves when the same government thinks it's okay to put units like sars on our roads cos, apparently, we approve of oppressive behaviour
You do not get it.
Goverment agencies impounded the cars. The cases where tabled before a magistrate who ruled they be auctioned.

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by 27Pushing30: 4:44am On Jan 19, 2021
Their licenses could have been suspended for 6 months and made to pay a fine of like 20-40% of the cars open market value within a month or risk loosing the car

Outright forfeiture is draconian

oluwaseyi0:

The politicians and government officials are the one buying the cars at ridiculous prices

People who lost their cars at last auction were actually crying at the auction ground
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by OYEDIPE(m): 4:45am On Jan 19, 2021
ignis:
Why auction them? Why can't they just pay fine?
E no go pain them reach.
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by daniel34840: 5:11am On Jan 19, 2021
; .I go buy one oo

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by olisefom: 5:14am On Jan 19, 2021
[quote author=Commanderinpips post=98201810]

Bros I beg to disagree, come to Portharcourt and you will see mad drivers. [/quote

With what I have seen so far jn lagos. These guys are deliberately lawless.
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by favour32(m): 5:21am On Jan 19, 2021
Buy my car...you buy death in advance.
Oyinbo get e own knowledge...na so blackman get e own too.
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by Blackmoran(m): 6:17am On Jan 19, 2021
Forluin:

Until LASTMA/police deceitfully impound your car
they can't impound my car because am not a law breaker...

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by abdsamad(m): 6:30am On Jan 19, 2021
nedekid:

You do not get it.
Goverment agencies impounded the cars. The cases where tabled before a magistrate who ruled they be auctioned.

I'm lumping them together. The courts should be an instrument of the people but they've become an instrument of the government. If the govt didn't want something like this I'm sure they'd kick back against it

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by DaddyGngeess(m): 7:14am On Jan 19, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by sofiscatedmoron: 7:37am On Jan 19, 2021
One of the reasons I prefer my leg-edis Benz
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by Minjim: 7:52am On Jan 19, 2021
This is a conspiracy.
They just told the judge what they want.
All the Arms of government act in their mutual interest now.
We, the masses are OYO
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by oyepaulkay(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2021
Lankybaby:
Hmmmm may God help those whose car are been impounded

Amen o

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by jaxxy(m): 11:05am On Jan 19, 2021
Criminal Lagos state at it again. Do u know what it takes before they dare auction ur car in more civil climes?

This stupid government behaving like low budget dictators.
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by Oluwaleinad14(m): 11:47am On Jan 19, 2021
MrNipplesLover:

If ur car na red colour, I go take am to love-vendor my ride and change the colors to blue. angry

Don't even try it,Una no dey fear curse

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
Oluwaleinad14:

Don't even try it,Una no dey fear curse

embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by Mrtaye: 7:27pm On Jan 19, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

My thought as well,it is draconian I mean what about people that pass one way unknowingly in roads or streets without road sign so they will loose their vehicle just like that nooo it shouldn't be even in USA and UK they fine offenders heavily if need be and not converting people's sweat

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by Mrtaye: 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
new2012:
irresponsible government.. you can't sell someone's property for traffic offense.. you fine the person, it's inconsistent with the law.. quickly deploying reprisive laws for gain is utmost cruelty.

This is extremely wicked and totally foolish. Lastma and all those pushing for this will know no peace in their entire household.

For those saying ppl are lawless, several places in VI and Ikeja have unmarked one-ways.. so how will an innocent johnny-just-come know?

wicked and irresponsible government.
Exactly so many unmarked one ways and also mischievous and deceitful lastma officers that take advantage of people

1 Like

Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by Ojolojolop(m): 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
hmm... so another person will continue from where she had stop with her series kg minor accident. What kind if prophetic advice is that
Re: LASG To Auction 88 Impounded Vehicles For Driving Against Traffic by DrinkWater10: 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
MrNipplesLover:

Modified;

WTF nairaland turned PPIMP-MY-RIDE to Love vendor my ride? grin
Lol I was confused for a second therex

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naval Staff, Seven Others Abducted In Akwa Ibom Hotel / Commercial Bus Robbers Who Sedate & Rob Victims In Lagos / Armed Robbers, Kidnappers & Child Trafficker Arrested By Abia Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.