Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? (1783 Views)

With This Campaign Council, Does Peter Obi Even Stand A Chance In The North? / Wike To Lamido: You Have No Political Value, PDP Lost Jigawa On Your Watch / We Will Shock Political Space With Unprecedented Defections - APC Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by OritoJasi: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Peter Obi seems to be the top and preferred igbo contender for the Presidency (atleast that is what we are led to believe on Nairaland and much of other social media platforms), yet we aren't hearing any serious endorsements of him anywhere in or outside igboland.

We are currently witnessing how the likes OUK and Umahi keep getting endorsements within their home states and political base. Not to mention an unknown Anambra politician, one Professor Umead, who also reportedly received massive endorsement to run for the presidency from 2000 community leaders in his state.

All this suggest that in spite of the social media hype, Peter Obi might actually be a feather weight politician even in his own home state (though this could be due to his political emasculation by his hand-picked successor, Governor Obiano).

Or, could it be that his supporters are just not confident enough of his general acceptability? Either that or they are expecting and hoping he will once again be picked as VP candidate to Atiku in 2023, and are therefore afraid of 'rocking the boat' by even giving him common endorsement, so as not to dash his chances of emerging as Atiku's VP once again.

Peter Obi supporters, wetin dey happen na Even if na fake endorsement, make una dash am small na.

Lalasticlala Mynd44

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by Tyrant28: 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
grin pita Hoe-bi

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by Golan007: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
grin
Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by helinues: 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Not really

He doesn't have a say in Pdp...

2 Likes

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
At least he has much more value than the bullion van thief

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by seunmsg(m): 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
He’s a very valuable lackey to Atiku Abubakar.

11 Likes

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by agulion: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
Yes, if Tinubu who is an international drug pusher can think of presidency why not Mr Peter Obi who is very prudent and down to earth have

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by Yebosola(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

Thats y u always fail exams, they are asking of Obi's values, go and get refund from all your teachers, and u are disgraceful to educated Igbos, Ipob miscreant.

20 Likes

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by AkalaJ: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

How? Are you drunk or something? The same Peter Obi that Obiano has disgraced politically in Anambra, after chasing him out of APGA. Nna, you sure say you dey Ok?

18 Likes

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by AkalaJ: 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
Op, fact is that Peter Obi is only popular on social media. Unfortunately for him social media votes don't count during elections. Even in his Anambra, during the last election that reelected Obiano the APC candidate (Tony Nwoye) got more votes than Obi's handpicked candidate (Obaze Oseloka). That shows he lacks grassroots support at home.

17 Likes

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by ChoCho54(f): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2021
I didn't read the epistle by the OP. But one thing I know is that Peter Obi is the only ex-governor without corruption garb hanging on his shoulder.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by extol1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
ChoCho54:
I didn't read the epistle by the OP. But one thing I know is that Peter Obi is the only ex-governor without corruption garb hanging on his shoulder.
gbam. I love the man, what obiano is enjoying today, he was the architect of it

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by PrudencyFeats: 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
ChoCho54:

I love you for this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by Okutanla1: 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
ChoCho54:

Akuko. You people can lie. Obiano, the current governor, has accused him of diverting state funds into his family businesses. Concerned Anambra citizens have also petitioned EFCC to investigate his money laundering activities.

15 Likes

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by BigSarah(f): 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
Why is this OP calling the mods, to push this Childish rants to FP?...
I don't think Obi has a presidential ambition for now just VP... He's well qualified for both positions tho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by ItsTutsi(m): 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
lol. continue deceiving urself!! shebi if they offer him the presidency he won't grab it with both hands!! undecided

the truth is, with the current trends and permutations, Obi has been relegated to a paper weight politician... he has no choice but to via for the VP slot, that's his only option

I highly doubt if Atiku will even choose him again as VP
BigSarah:
I don't think Obi has a presidential ambition for now just VP... He's well qualified for both positions tho

11 Likes

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by OritoJasi: 10:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
BigSarah:

You people can be so hypocritical. The same una dey always abuse Osinbajo as a 'spare tire' to Buhari without any powers, emphasing that only the president has real powers. Yet it is that same 'useless' position you are settling for with Obi. Smh. Lemme guess. You all are hoping Atiku would die in office so your Obi can assume his position via the backdoor right? Abi no be wetin una dey accuse Osinbajo of be dat. Ndigbo whyyyyyyy una be hypocrites?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by ItsTutsi(m): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
PaChukwudi44:
agulion:
Yes, if Tinubu who is an international drug pusher can think of presidency why not Mr Peter Obi who is very prudent and down to earth have
agulion:

this is what happens when u let "made in India drugs" influence ur thinking capacity.. what correlates Obi and jagaban?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by ItsTutsi(m): 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
lol.. you can only tell this to those nyamuri flat.heads living in upper iweka
ChoCho54:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by ItsTutsi(m): 10:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
ol.. you can only tell this lie to those nyamuri flat.heads living in upper iweka
ChoCho54:

6 Likes

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by BigSarah(f): 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
OritoJasi:

You people can be so hypocritical. The same una dey always abuse Osinbajo as a 'spare tire' to Buhari without any powers, emphasing that only the president has real powers. Yet it is that same 'useless' position you are settling for with Obi. Smh. Lemme guess. You all are hoping Atiku would die in office so your Obi can assume his position via the backdoor right? Abi no be wetin una dey accuse Osinbajo of be dat. Ndigbo whyyyyyyy una be hypocrites?

I don't get paid to whip up tribal bashings like some people, you're probably earning your paycheck now..I'd get out of your way

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:59am On Jan 19, 2021
Dead On Arrival.

2 Likes

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:00am On Jan 19, 2021
ItsTutsi:

this is what happens when u let "made in India drugs" influence ur thinking capacity.. what correlates Obi and jagaban?
No basis for comparison

1 Share

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by ChoCho54(f): 5:16am On Jan 19, 2021
ItsTutsi:

They are both ex-governors. But one is a benevolent thief while the other is the Grand patron of SMAN

1 Like

Re: Does Peter Obi Really Have Any Political Value In The Current Political Space? by ChoCho54(f): 5:21am On Jan 19, 2021
ItsTutsi:
ol.. you can only tell this lie to those nyamuri flat.heads living in upper iweka
Or to the Yoruba coneheads living in South West Nigeria grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Increases Petrol Price Again, Highest Since 2015 / Tinubu Will Never Be President Of Nigeria / Biafra.See The List Of Of U.N Demands In Queries To Nigeria Over Kanu's Extradit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.