Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Question To Make You Think - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Question To Make You Think (234 Views)

Question To Expect In 2019 Waec Gce Crs And Irs Exam / I Need This Maths Question To Be Solved For Me ASAP...... / Facts About Nigeria's "Poor" Education System That Will Make You Agree With ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question To Make You Think by prof2007: 3:04am On Jan 19, 2021
A group of lions is called a pride. What is a group of pandas called?
Re: Question To Make You Think by InfernoNig: 4:44am On Jan 19, 2021
An embarrassment.
Re: Question To Make You Think by MightySparrow: 6:42am On Jan 19, 2021
pandemoneum grin
Re: Question To Make You Think by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 19, 2021
prof2007:
A group of lions is called a pride. What is a group of pandas called?

Embarrassment smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Question To Make You Think by prof2007: 9:31am On Jan 19, 2021
iamcee:

Embarrassment smiley

Correct! A group of pandas is called an embarrassment. However, they can also be called a cupboard of pandas or a bamboo of pandas.

Here are some more interesting group names:

DAZZLE of zebras.
SMACK of jellyfish.
CONSORTIUM of crabs.
TOWER of giraffes.
MURDER of crows.
AURORA of polar bears.
BLOOM of ladybirds.
CONFUSION of wildebeest.
etc.

So, where did all these strange names come from?

A lady from 15th Century England called Julia Berners published a book called "The Book of Hawking, Hunting and Blasing of Arms" in 1486. In the book she listed 165 collective nouns for groups of people and animals.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Question To Make You Think by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 19, 2021
prof2007:

Correct! A group of pandas is called an embarrassment. However, they can also be called a cupboard of pandas or a bamboo of pandas.

TOWER of giraffes.

I have always considered the above the aptest of all animal group names.

A 'tower' of giraffes. How fitting.
Re: Question To Make You Think by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 19, 2021
prof2007:

DAZZLE of zebras.
SMACK of jellyfish.
CONSORTIUM of crabs.
TOWER of giraffes.
MURDER of crows.
AURORA of polar bears.
BLOOM of ladybirds.
CONFUSION of wildebeest.
etc.

So, where did all these strange names come from?

A lady from 15th Century England called Julia Berners published a book called "The Book of Hawking, Hunting and Blasing of Arms" in 1486. In the book she listed 165 collective nouns for groups of people and animals.

cool cool I love this

(1) (Reply)

Professor Witch: My Forgettable Experience With 2019 Conference / Unilag Server Crashes / Doctors Or Footballer's, Who Is More Useful To Humanity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.