Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages (433 Views)

Crippled Kidnapper Buhari Haruna Arrested While Collecting ₦2M Ransom In Katsina / Drama As Judge Shaves Head Of Former Barcelona Player Haruna Babangida / Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by Datelineng(m): 7:00am On Jan 19, 2021

A former player of FC Barcelona Haruna Babangida, [url=https://www-dateline-ng.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dateline.ng/drama-as-judge-shaves-head-of-former-barcelona-player-haruna-babangida/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16110060834213&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dateline.ng%2Fdrama-as-judge-shaves-head-of-former-barcelona-player-haruna-babangida%2F]whose head was shaved in court last week in the orders of a judge[/url], has sent a petition to Kaduna State Grand Khadi demanding justice.

In a letter of complaint dated Monday, January 18, 2021 and sent to the Grand Khadi, Sharia Court of Appeal, Kaduna, the footballer, popularly known as Daddy, accused the judge Nuhu Falalu of defamation of character and assault.

The former Nigerian player, who said he felt embarrassed, disgraced and humiliated, is asking the Grand Khadi to grant him damages and penalise the judge.

The letter reads:

“My name is HARUNA BABANGIDA of the above stated address and I am a professional footballer in Europe, precisely Spain where I have lived and in my carrier as a footballer, I have equally built a reputation as a good footballer and a citizen of the said country i.e. Spain.

“Whereof, my complaint is predicated on the fact that on 14th January, 2021 when I was before the Sharia Court, Magajin Gari, Kaduna, the judge whose name is Nuhu Falalu before whom I appeared, insulted me as an irresponsible person because I have my hair style grown up which he described me as a rascal for leaving the kind of my hair style and also called me useless Christian.

“Sir, I only reported a case of fraud i.e., 419 before the Court, but the said judge ordered and I was detained in a cell and not only that, my hair was cut off in front of everyone in the court room and equaly assaulted simply because I only appeared in my professional training outfit as a professional footballer before the court.

“Thus, the said act of Judge Nuhu Falalu of Sharia Court, Magajin Gari, Kaduna has greatly damaged my personal character when he called me names as useless/rascal and stupid in public, and I know that have spent my life and talent responsibly.

“More so, I felt so embarrassed, disgraced, degraded and humiliated. I therefore seek your kind intervention to do justice and grant me damages for the wrong done to me and the judge be penalized.

“Thank you in anticipation that you will do justice to my complaint.”

Dateline Nigeria learnt from credible sources that the judge had already been summoned over the matter.

Daddy is the younger brother of Tijani Babangida and Ibrahim Babangida, both former Nigerian professional players.

https://www.dateline.ng/head-shave-ex-barcelona-star-haruna-babangida-reports-judge-demands-damages/
Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by ebexofficial: 7:03am On Jan 19, 2021
This is a serious matter but Nigeria ma throw it under the carpet.
Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by espn(m): 7:08am On Jan 19, 2021
So many insane people in this country...The judge is sick...
Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by nairalander2020(m): 7:17am On Jan 19, 2021
Haba to keep hair style again na wahala.
Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by UAE123(m): 7:22am On Jan 19, 2021
Absolutely stupid action coming from someone that should not have been made a judge in the first place. How does the hair style of an individual tells about his attitude & character.
Some idiot & religious fanatics are really in positions that are suppose to be occupied by sane Nigeria.
I will not be surprise if this matter is swept under the rug. He should take his complain directly to NJC .
Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by Omihanifa: 7:25am On Jan 19, 2021
Nigerians don't value their own undecided
The judge should have at least accorded him some respect based on his records and contributions to Nigeria football.

So much hypocrisy and religious bigotry in the north undecided

1 Like

Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by CandyOps(m): 7:28am On Jan 19, 2021
This one dey form fresh boy for north cheesy e choke
Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by IbnBattuta1960: 7:38am On Jan 19, 2021
Na wa o.
So much for a judge.
Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by habsydiamond(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2021
Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria, how many times idone call u so... U dey sleep... See Wetin dey happen nao.. How judge go order make dem barb the guy head na chief barber him be... I pray the guy wins the case against him.. I dont k ow the discipline he is trying to impose where civilisation is upgrading every day.
Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by THeCvExpert: 8:21am On Jan 19, 2021
He will old
Re: Head Shave: Ex-barcelona Star Haruna Babangida Reports Judge, Demands Damages by VEXT: 10:43am On Jan 19, 2021
Religion of piss,practicing Sharia....

(1) (Reply)

Two Suspected Armed Robbers Beaten To Pulp For Robbing A Woman In Jos / How I Caught Laptop Thief With A Drone –lagos-based Videographer / 5 People Paraded In Ibadan For Selling Human Heart At N10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.