Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,619 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists (541 Views)

Mark Clattenburg: Mikel Obi Almost Made Me Quit Refereeing – Ex-EPL Referee / Wikki Tourists FC Bus Burnt In Accident (Photos) / Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:16am On Jan 19, 2021
Once again Akwa United are victims of poor refereeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCm3_jvunEI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by IbnBattuta1960: 7:28am On Jan 19, 2021
I don't know why our football facilities remain archaic.
No goal line/area camera. How can this now be confirmed?
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:39am On Jan 19, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:
I don't know why our football facilities remain archaic.
No goal line/area camera. How can this now be confirmed?

U don't need all that. The video is good enough to tell. Mind u the flag went up on the rebound and not the final pass. Even when I saw this live I was absolutely sure it was a clean goal.
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by IbnBattuta1960: 7:45am On Jan 19, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

U don't need all that. The video is good enough to tell. Mind u the flag went up on the rebound and not the final pass. Even when I saw this live I was absolutely sure it was a clean goal.
Error is part of human judgement.
Now for benefit out doubt, clarity is needed from superior evidence.
That's why better facilities are needed to overcome the corruption endemic in the sports.
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:

Error is part of human judgement.
Now for benefit out doubt, clarity is needed from superior evidence.
That's why better facilities are needed to overcome the corruption endemic in the sports.

I was in the building, it wasn't no error. The referee was cheating all day. The game was supposed to be on TV but they took it off last minute. They also didn't release the refs names like they always do.
This is the third time this season Akwa has been cheated.
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by habsydiamond(m): 8:01am On Jan 19, 2021
No be today for Nigerian league... Maybe dem Don threaten the referee cos no be new thing for this country...
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:20am On Jan 19, 2021
habsydiamond:
No be today for Nigerian league... Maybe dem Don threaten the referee cos no be new thing for this country...

The match was played in Uyo so nobody was threatened.

All I know is that the match was supposed to be nationally televised, then all of a sudden they change mind and also forget to post the names of the refs.
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by habsydiamond(m): 8:23am On Jan 19, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

The match was played in Uyo so nobody was threatened.

All I know is that the match was supposed to be nationally televised, then all of a sudden they change mind and also forget to post the names of the refs.
I still smell something fishy from all u have said... Someone is paying big money here

Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:30am On Jan 19, 2021
habsydiamond:
I still smell something fishy from all u have said... Someone is paying big money here

Exactly and these are all facts.
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by IbnBattuta1960: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I was in the building, it wasn't no error. The referee was cheating all day. The game was supposed to be on TV but they took it off last minute. They also didn't release the refs names like they always do.
This is the third time this season Akwa has been cheated.
Organised crime.
It's apparent the fraud involves not only the match ref and linesmen.
Very sad.
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by habsydiamond(m): 9:59am On Jan 19, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Exactly and these are all facts.
in a country where the govt is corrupt, what will be of the sport ministry if not same. With the money pumped in through sponsorship deals.... The Nigeria league hasn't change in any way. U can't compare us to south Africa cos they have gone far... May God help us all
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:

Organised crime.
It's apparent the fraud involves not only the match ref and linesmen.
Very sad.

I truly believe that.
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2021
Re: NPFL: Scandalous Refereeing In Match Between Akwa United And Wikki Tourists by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2021

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Chelsea Destroyed Real Madrid In 11 Pictures / Get Sure 5 Odds Daily For One Week. / 3000 Naira Give Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.