Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef (6306 Views)

Don Jazzy Calls D Banj A Broke Dude In New Song / Nominees For 2011 Bet Awards ,tuface ,d Banj Nominated / D Banj Ft Snoop Dogg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by yoji: 7:31am On Apr 02, 2011
When d banj 's collabo wit snoop came out, there was a general notion that he had raised d bar to I higher level. But on further thought, I remembered sound sultan did something similar on d remix of his king of my country. D similarities were there to see, I.e doin a remix to a song wit an international artist and shootin a video for it. Now I wanna compare both efforts to see who did a beta job overall.
I'l created 3 categories for comparism so that 2 over 3 gives u a winner. Here are d categories-
1- which international star is bigger
2- who shot a betta video
3-who did a beta song as d remix.
Let me try first:

1-btw snoop and wyclef, I wud say wyclef is bigger so I'l give this to sultan.
2-no doubt dbanj video was beta cos it was more thorough even though I also liked d backstage freestyle nature of sultan's shot by capital but I'l give this one to dbanj.
3-finally I prefered tha track king of my country remix to endowed remix. So sultan takes this for me.

In summary sound sultan wins 2 out of 3
Let me see wat u guys think
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by eleshin(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2011
Popularity nd video goes 2 snoop nd d'banj,d 2 tracks r weak bt king of ma country has a beta lyrics.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Landofmystery: 9:24am On Apr 02, 2011
I don't quite agree with u,
1. Snoop vs wyclef, U cnt just say one is bigger than the other. They are both giants in their kind of music nd we hv seen time and again dt any music track they touch turns 2 gold so I'll say d'banj nd sultan share dt point.
2 video goes 2 dbanj cos of blings nd effizi
3. Lyrics no doubt goes 2 sultan
So I say its a tie!
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Landofmystery: 9:25am On Apr 02, 2011
I don't quite agree with u,
1. Snoop vs wyclef, U cnt just say one is bigger than the other. They are both giants in their kind of music nd we hv seen time and again dt any music track they touch turns 2 gold so I'll say d'banj nd sultan share dt point.
2 video goes 2 dbanj cos of blings nd effizi
3. Lyrics no doubt goes 2 sultan
So I say its a tie!
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by LoveKing(m): 2:14pm On Apr 03, 2011
Dbanj & Snoop was rubbish

Sultan/Wyclef was inspirational
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by abdurrazaq(m): 2:33pm On Apr 03, 2011
The relationship between Sultan and Wyclef is way beyond that Collabo. Wyclef has been to shows with Sultan e.g rhythm unplugged. Sultan still remains the only Nigerian Artiste who worked with an International Artiste IMO. The relationship between Sultan and Wyclef dated back as far as the year Wyclef was first brought to Nigeria by Guinness. They did a record then which also featured Faze and Tuface.

I like KiING OF MY COUNTRY REMIX though ENDOWED REMIX has a better video. Overall I think Sultan take it.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by mikuz(m): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2011
Dbanj and snoop was rubbish and a collosal waste of funds! I give it all to sultan and wyclef - 3 : 0!
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Djswaggz(m): 7:23am On Apr 04, 2011
I prefer to live like a Lion in d jungle dan stay like a dog in d city, Guess Know ma choice,
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by medjai(m): 8:33am On Apr 04, 2011
They're both great tracks.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by usbcable(m): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
The D'banj/Snoop remix like most of Mo'hits songs is filled with utter crap as lyrics.
Sound Sultan/wyclef as most of his songs has lyrics that makes sense and inspires.

D/S had more effects with the video(time factor)

S/W had more than a collabo, they've done shows together.

Its just same of same
D/S are both bling bling, jinja jinja, women and sex artist so they made a fit in the song in terms of what they usually sing about
Same applies to S/W who do inspirational tracks more often.

its all about taste.
So I choose S/W.
D/s will always have the effects sha.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by talk2hb1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
In my own thinking Dbanj is an entertainer than being a musician, while Sound Sultan is a musician. They both make sense in their niche of fans.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by maxtop(m): 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2011
D'banj remix doesnt make any sense except that we have to watch and focused on Snoop alone,
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by vislabraye(m): 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
Wyclef is bigger than Snoop any day. I've never been a fan of Snoop, but I think Wycleff is great.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by mercylad(m): 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2011
In my own opinion sound sultan's king of my country's remix is beta dan dbanjs rmx
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by lakode(m): 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
This is exactly what makes we Nigerians the set of best pple on earth , We know the difference between good stuffs and commercial stuffs , not like others that will argue with you that lady gaga can sing smiley

I like both songs but I give 2 out of three to Sultan and clef (the two koko masters smiley taking the video point)
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by skealoo: 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2011
wyclef and snoop? pls dont make me laff, there is no way in d world u should compare wyclef to BIG SNOOP D O double G. snoop is an ICON. not taking anyting from wyclef but no comparison at all. its just unfortunate say na dbanj get d money to do collabo wit snoop.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by dominique(f): 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
talk2hb1:

In my own thinking Dbanj is an entertainer than being a musician, while Sound Sultan is a musician. They both make sense in their niche of fans.

Sound sultan is more than just a musician, he's more of a lyricist and a poet.
i prefer to live like a lion in the jungle than to live like a dog in the city- that's part of the chorus of king of my country. d'banj lyrics can never come close to that.his remix with snoop is just danceable while Sultan's remix with wyclef is both inspirational and danceable. sultan wins it for me 3/3
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Sopono(m): 1:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
(1) Both stars are big in their different genres of music, so they tie on this point.
(2) Dbanj/Snoop's video was full of the normal mo' hits records bling but i prefer Sound Sultan's.
(3) Lyrical content goes to Sultan,
So,  i think Sultan / Wyclef takes the cake! wink
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Malquisoft(m): 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
On my own comparison abt the dbanj and sound sultan, its based on money spent and international recognition, dbanj spent more money on his video and as such wld expect more internation fame
while sultan shld av spent more cash on his video to beat dbanj but sorry he lost out.
u can take an easy research by asking ten peeps on the street, abt 7 wld vote for dbanj/snoop and the remainin 3 for sultan.
sultan shld try to spend more money on his videos
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Malquisoft(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
On my own comparison abt the dbanj and sound sultan, its based on money spent and international recognition, dbanj spent more money on his video and as such wld expect more internation fame
while sultan shld av spent more cash on his video to beat dbanj but sorry he lost out.
u can take an easy research by asking ten peeps on the street, abt 7 wld vote for dbanj/snoop and the remainin 3 for sultan.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by blackmale(m): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
talking about the music aspect, it will be wyclef and sultan, but the entataining part, definitely is snoop dogg and d banj, the video has all the efizzy,,,,,
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by dejavume: 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
i WONDER Y COMPARING SLEEP AND DEATH!!!
WHO DOESNT KNOW THAT SULTAN TRACKS ARE FILLED WITH INSPIRATION.AND WELL ORGANIZED BOTH BEATS AND VIDEOS.
S/W IS STILL D BEST INTERNATIONAL COLLABO EVER SHOT.
KO FOR DBANJ
5-0
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by evilspirit: 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
snoop is way bigger than wycley.snoop since 1990.wyclef ,least talented of fugees ,came out in 1999 with 'anything can happen' snoop na baba.wyclef wey no get himself.the stupid guy wan become president of haiti
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by naijangel7(f): 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
evilspirit:

snoop is way bigger than wycley.snoop since 1990.wyclef ,least talented of fugees ,came out in 1999 with 'anything can happen' snoop na baba.wyclef wey no get himself.the silly guy wan become president of haiti

You said Wyclef came out when?? please do your research well. google is your friend. And what did Snoop release in 1990?

mikuz:

Dbanj and snoop was rubbish and a collosal waste of funds!

Gbam! Dbanj should have done a remix of koko(tongolo) instead of that tuneless song. and he desperately needs voice training.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2011
When it comes to sense sound sultan but for beat i go for dbanj
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by gametalk: 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2011
SULTAN Got the edge,
Can someone tell me what was the Dbanj/snoop remix all about, Kindly listen to lyrics and tell me smth good outta it.
Its so wack and suck.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by evilspirit: 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2011
snoop is way bigger than wycley.snoop since 1990.wyclef ,least talented of fugees ,came out in 1999 with 'anything can happen' snoop na baba.wyclef wey no get himself.the stupid guy wan become president of haiti
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by horlajide: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2011
1.As per who's bigger dat'll be subjective.i'll go 4 snoop though i personally prefer wyclef.probably cos snoop's "dirty" lyrics appeals to a lot
2.i'll give d beta video 2 d'banj again-there were both indoor nd outdoor scenes & our eyes were fed with enough girls(not like i care though!) but sultan's video seemed like one dat was shot in a haste even though i think it was done by clarence peters
3.for the lyrics its undoubtedly sultan
PERSONALLY I PREFER KING OF MY COUNTRY REGARDLESS OF ANY CRITERIA
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
dbanj and snoop was a total waste of space by dbanj
nuff said
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by sheyee(m): 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
Wat was Don jazzy really doing in that video?, I give it all to SW.
@Poster; why not put in a voting format.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by usbcable(m): 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
Nigeria na we own we own o, grin
Am so endowed oooooooooooooo, sad
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by eghost247(m): 5:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
Pointless Thread Who Cares They both did great by working with international artists who are known worldwide why must we look for who was better who was on point@op POINTLESS THREAD!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAIJA MP3 UNLIMITED / Top 10 Hit Songs Of 2015 From Nigeria - Quarter 1 [audio Download] / List Of All Davido Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.