Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Inability To Concentrate - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Inability To Concentrate (1294 Views)

Say No To Inability To Satisfy Your Man/woman During Sex / Nigerian Doctor Guilty Over Inability To Perform Basic Tasks / Inability To Concentrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inability To Concentrate by sirrinky: 8:02am On Apr 02, 2011
Hello fellow nairalanders i have a very serious problem that i really need help for. Currently i am a 100 level student studying engineering in a federal university and just gained admission through JAMB where i scored 260, and believe me its hard earned cos i don't believe in having a certificate you cant stand for. My problem really i have been trying to cope with for sometime now, i can hardly concentrate when studying and cant fix my my mind on a particular thought for up to five minutes, without my mind wondering away i really love my books and a good education but this problem is really killing me as everyone in my class seems to be getting on with classes and catching all concepts and most times i am just blank no matter how hard i try. I can hardly also imagine, its very difficult for me to fix my mind on a mental imagine when i try to do so its like am peering into some dark room and this is making everyone doubt the authenticity on my past academic results. imagine scoring "260" in jamb and not being able to do simple reasoning .Please i need your help folks if anybody has had this experiences please share with me how you were able to cope or any suggestions please.TNX Y'ALL cry
Re: Inability To Concentrate by Thirst4Lif: 8:07am On Apr 02, 2011
Perhaps you suffer from undiagnosed ADHD, Dyslexia even or perhaps you are just not as interested in your

topic of studies as you'd like.
Re: Inability To Concentrate by dominique(f): 8:39am On Apr 02, 2011
have you written any test or exam yet? how were your grades like? if your grades are not slipping yet, then you have nothing to worry about.
could be that you have a lot on your mind. my mind also used to wander when i was studying back in my undergrad days. but i realised that i concentrate more when i test myself. so my studying then mostly involved past questions. maybe you should study along that path.
Re: Inability To Concentrate by Landofmystery: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2011
Iv read bools on this mater nd helped pple 2ru it so ur case isn't strange. Now ur major reason 4 lack of concentration is either sum form of mental/physical stress or lack of discipline. Its possible u hv financial problems or problems @ home so u are prone 2 worry. It myt even be ur relationship. It myt also be dt u daydream / fantasize abt irrelivant things. Well here's a solution
1. Take a sheet of paper nd write " U SHOULD BE WORKING" on it and paste it on ur ceiling. Dis way, whenever u get thinking nd u look up, ul snap back in2 d task @ hand
2. Proper time planning seems 2 be a challenge 4 u. @ d start of a day, make a list of things u wanna do / think of nd try 2 be guided by this list. Wen u catch urself doing / tthinking of somethin @ d wrong time, say 2 urself " guy, I really wld love 2 join u in doing / thinking abt dis but u knw d rules, Dis can't continue, @ least nt now, Sorry". Try dis lyk d first 20 times nd u wldt hv 2 say it anymore, it'll jst start occuring 2 u
3. Whenever u wanna think abt sumting, time urself (set alrm) so ul knw hw much tym u r spending
4. Wenever u wanna study, set ur alarm 2 ring every 10 minutes so dis way, u won't lose concentration 4 too long.
Re: Inability To Concentrate by steph212(f): 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2011
You didnt tell us wat you think of when you are not reading cos it will give an insight of wat ur problem is
Re: Inability To Concentrate by pooky: 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2011
This is the first time i am replying to any post on this forum. Having read through the thread and other NL's reply, i want to quickly say that while other factors could be responsible for tha lack of concentration, we should not forget that this is Africa and Nigeria in particular where anything is possible. I would love to ask @poster a few questions.
1. Are you from a polygamous home?
2. Are you the first son?
3. Has anyone in your family attained the heights where you are now (university)?
4. Do you have any graduates from either your fathers side or your mothers side?
5. Does anyone in your family find it difficult to make progress ?

I think this case is more of a spiritual than a psycological. This guy made 260 in jamb and wants to be able to defend his result in the future so he may not have bribed his way through. @poster, be sincere in answering these questions and go for deliverance ASAP.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Inability To Concentrate by sirrinky: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2011
Yes Sir everyone in my is a graduate and i have alot of graduates from both sides of my parents and am actually the last kid in the family but still when i wonder its just blank nothing specifically my concentration just wanes and at times i would read thru a page turn for 20 secs and cannot remember all i studied.

(1) (Reply)

Six-legged Baby Born in Pakistan; Doctors Successfully Removed Four! / Bill Gates Reducing World Population Through Vaccines / 10 Weird And Untold Facts About Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.