Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Biden Appoints Transgender - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Appoints Transgender (917 Views)

Biden Appoints Funmi Olorunnipa Badejo As White House Counsel / Joe Biden Appoints Ron Klain As White House Chief Of Staff / Aria DiMezzo: Transgender, Satanist & Anarchist Wins Republican Nomination In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden Appoints Transgender by AlphaLover: 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2021
Biden appoints Dr. Rachel Levine as assistant secretary of health, a historic first for transgender people

If approved, Levine would be the first ever Senate-confirmed trans official in U.S. history.

For the first time in history, a transgender person will go before the Senate to be confirmed for a presidential appointment.

President-elect Joe Biden has nominated Pennsylvania Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine to serve as assistant secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. If approved, Levine would be the first ever Senate-confirmed trans official in U.S. history. In 2015, her appointment as Pennsylvania Physician General was unanimously approved by both parties in the state Senate.

“Dr. Rachel Levine will bring the steady leadership and essential expertise we need to get people through this pandemic — no matter their zip code, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability — and meet the public health needs of our country in this critical moment and beyond,” Biden said in a statement. “She is a historic and deeply qualified choice to help lead our administration’s health efforts.”

ne’s appointment sends a strong message that the administration intends to reverse course on what advocates say has been four years of war against LGBTQ+ people under the Trump administration. While LGBTQ+ media advocacy organization GLAAD claims that President Donald Trump attacked the community more than 180 times in his term, most of his policy changes, done through executive order, may swiftly be undone by the Biden administration.

HHS rules, however, will be an exception. In June, the agency axed landmark protections for transgender people in the Affordable Care Act. The change came after an avalanche of moves seeking to allow health care workers to turn away transgender patients, people with HIV and those seeking abortions. Last week, HHS also finalized a rule that allows government-funded social service providers to turn away LGBTQ+ people, a move that advocates say will have far-reaching consequences. HHS rules will be harder to undo than executive order because they require strict procedure, including public comment periods for rules.

Levine’s appointment puts an exclamation point on Biden’s promise to meet the devastating health disparities facing transgender Americans. Last month, Biden nominated California Attorney General Xavier Becerra to serve as secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. LGBTQ+ rights groups praised that pick — Becerra is viewed as a longtime ally of the community.

Cc Mynd44 OAM4J

Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by AloneTK: 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
All are invited to the table
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by amaniro: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2021
America is a liberal society. Good luck to Biden and his quest to run an all inclusive government.
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Ottyn01(m): 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2021
grin
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by kapelvej: 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
WAOOOO
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by seankafor(m): 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
Omo e don be oo

Na here we dey, make.we dey observe shaa..
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by AlphaLover: 2:52pm On Jan 19, 2021
Dem don start am na

Faggotz sef go enter USA governmen

Abeg let's clap for the dems as they turn america into sodom and sodomy
Infact they should change the name to Sodomerica

[img]https://media1./images/1c6943c372187ed186416b895f4eb06c/tenor.gif?itemid=5089552[/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by bsani(m): 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2021
Just waiting.,
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by crispus09(m): 2:58pm On Jan 19, 2021
America is about to get facelift
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by MickzyDonald: 2:58pm On Jan 19, 2021
Another crazy one is appointed grin
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

On a serious note, most times I love Trump.. His no nosense attitude is awesome. He often frown at LGBTQ+, Restrictions for Muslim coming from terrorist Islamic countries and others.

The moment Biden surface he has start destroying his tenure. How on earth will a transgender lead a health administration? A person that change his gender? This so epic !

Removing the restrictions on ban to Muslims from terrorist country.

Is alright, American is gradually going to it kneel. I fear for the great American !

3 Likes

Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Ofunaofu: 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2021
angry shocked
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Brandonx(m): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
That's their business so far they don't force their sexual orientation on others I see no reason why a sane human should be concerned undecided
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by AlphaLover: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
Brandonx:
That's their business so far they don't force their sexual orientation on others I see no reason why a sane human should be concerned undecided

We understand how you feel and encourage you to keep your sexuality private as we don't care but if you are to venture into public office then your privacy is no more private hence why it's called public officer

No to transgender in office

1 Like

Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Brandonx(m): 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2021
AlphaLover:

No to transgender in office

On what grounds? Does his sexual orientation affect his ability to deliver? Or is he in anyway less than a human?
Y'all should learn how to mind your business and person's private life is not up to you to judge.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Masterclass32: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
They don start.

America has finally gone to the dogs.
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by AlphaLover: 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2021
Brandonx:

On what grounds? Does his sexual orientation affect his ability to deliver? Or is he in anyway less than a human?
Y'all should learn how to mind your business and person's private life is not up to you to judge.

Let me explain it's a good question.
Now if I say to u bros from today I want to self identify as a helicopter. So I want you to refer to as see me as a helicopter. Now does that make sense ? NO but according to your logic it does. Now if suddenly 8 said infact i want to pay 4 surgery to have all my organs removed and replaced with propellers so you call me heli the helicopter does that still make me a helicopter? No it doesn't.

Now imagine where a man decides he want to be a woman n goes to have his penis chopped off n his flat chest pumped out and everything this is a transgender right and now he is a woman right ? Wrong

A woman is more than a vagina , breasts and long hair

A woman has a chromosome of XX 2hile a.man will forever have XY no matter the surgery he has nothing can change this .

All transgender are people with mental health problems and are not fit for public office.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
Brandonx:

Don't mind them grin
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
AlphaLover:

Let me explain it's a good question.
Now if I say to u bros from today I want to self identify as a helicopter. So I want you to refer to as see me as a helicopter. Now does that make sense ? NO but according to your logic it does. Now if suddenly 8 said infact i want to pay 4 surgery to have all my organs removed and replaced with propellers so you call me heli the helicopter does that still make me a helicopter? No it doesn't.

Now imagine where a man decides he want to be a woman n goes to have his penis chopped off n his flat chest pumped out and everything this is a transgender right and now he is a woman right ? Wrong

A woman is more than a vagina , breasts and long hair

A woman has a chromosome of XX 2hile a.man will forever have XY no matter the surgery he has nothing can change this .

All transgender are people with mental health problems and are not fit for public office.

Thank God your opinion does not count.
She will be confirmed and Dr.Levine is said to be a qualified person for the job
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by AlphaLover: 4:47pm On Jan 19, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Thank God your opinion does not count.
She will be confirmed and Dr.Levine is said to be a qualified person for the job

He !!

He is a mentally unstable man pretending to be a woman

That alone should disqualify him
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
AlphaLover:

He !!

He is a mentally unstable man pretending to be a woman

That alone should disqualify him

It is now a she.
A qualified expert who is the current health secetary of Pennsylvania and will head to D.C.

Biden appointed him for the job the mentally unstable man is more qualified than you.
Live and let live let them do their jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by AlphaLover: 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

It is now a she.
A qualified expert who is the current health secetary of Pennsylvania and will head to D.C.

Biden appointed him for the job the mentally unstable man is more qualified than you.
Live and let live let them do their jobs.

It can and will never be a she until it's chromosome changes from XY to XX grin

Wake me up when September comes grin
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
AlphaLover:

It can and will never be a she until it's chromosome changes from XY to XX grin

Wake me up when September comes grin
As long as she is being called and addressed as a she take it like that it changes nothing.
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by AlphaLover: 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

As long as she is being called and addressed as a she take it like that it changes nothing.

But I choose not to and will online or offline always address him as a he

grin
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by ikennamadu1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
na here we dey ... Una go soon bash biden tongue
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by dermmy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

On a serious note, most times I love Trump.. His no nosense attitude is awesome. He often frown at LGBTQ+, Restrictions for Muslim coming from terrorist Islamic countries and others.

The moment Biden surface he has start destroying his tenure. How on earth will a transgender lead a health administration? A person that change his gender? This so epic !

Removing the restrictions on ban to Muslims from terrorist country.

Is alright, American is gradually going to it kneel. I fear for the great American !

Tell us what your religious bigoted leaders who don't appoint LGBT have achieved. Tell us why the incoming president shouldn't appoint her. What is the connection between her sexual orientation and her ability to deliver if she is capable. I don't understand how you people think. Your religious country Nigeria that does not give appointment to LGBT is still crawling. undecided

Banning Muslims from America doesn't make America more secure. Dullard Trump did that to please and get more support from his evangelical base.

Black man and his rusty mentality.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by mokolade21845: 6:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
na here we dey ... Una go soon bash biden
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by obonujoker(m): 7:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
It has begun
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by deleo16(m): 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2021
Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by salford1: 2:04am On Jan 20, 2021
obonujoker:
It has begun
Masterclass32:
They don start.
America has finally gone to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: Biden Appoints Transgender by salford1: 2:30am On Jan 20, 2021
AlphaLover:
Dem don start am na

Faggotz sef go enter USA governmen

Abeg let's clap for the dems as they turn america into sodom and sodomy
Infact they should change the name to Sodomerica

[img]https://media1./images/1c6943c372187ed186416b895f4eb06c/tenor.gif?itemid=5089552[/img]
MickzyDonald:
Another crazy one is appointed grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

EU Lost Their Investment As Russia Makes Use Of Nord Stream 2 / Ukraine War: Russian Warplane Accidentally Bombs Own City / Astonishing! China's Fake Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.