Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Trump:summary Of Farewell Address - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump:summary Of Farewell Address (353 Views)

Twitter: Elon Musk Given 24 Hours To Address Graphic Images Of Hamas Attacks / Royal Family Releases Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II After Final Farewell / Trump Pens Farewell Address : "The Movement We Started Is Only Just Beginning" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump:summary Of Farewell Address by lahp(m): 12:47am On Jan 20, 2021
What did Trump say in his farewell address?
"America is not a timid nation of tame souls who need to be sheltered and protected from those with whom we disagree," he said.

He adds: "We are - and must always be - a land of hope, of light and of glory to all the world."

Here's what else he had to say:

On his administration's record: "We did what we came here to do – and so much more. Above all, we have reasserted the sacred idea that in America, the government answers to the people."
On domestic policy: "Our agenda was not about right or left, it wasn’t about Republican or Democrat, but about the good of a nation, and that means the whole nation."
On foreign policy: "We revitalised our alliances and rallied the nations of the world to stand up to China like never before. As a result of our bold diplomacy and principled realism, we achieved a series of historic peace deals in the Middle East... I am especially proud to be the first president in decades who has started no new wars."
On the Capitol riot: "Political violence is an attack on everything we cherish as Americans. It can never be tolerated."
On his legacy: "Now, as I prepare to hand power over to a new administration at noon on Wednesday, I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning."

1 Like

Re: Trump:summary Of Farewell Address by edo3(m): 12:52am On Jan 20, 2021
It is well
Re: Trump:summary Of Farewell Address by doggedfighter(f): 1:24am On Jan 20, 2021
"The movement we started is just beginning"

The movement of insanity.

Mtchewwww
Re: Trump:summary Of Farewell Address by flamingREED(m): 4:24am On Jan 20, 2021
Trump's a great guy.

2 Likes

Re: Trump:summary Of Farewell Address by OduntanGabriel(m): 4:32am On Jan 20, 2021
I will come back to comment

(1) (Reply)

How They Were Killed / Netanyahu: Jerusalem Mentioned In The Bible 650 Times. Our Capital For 3000years / Report Predicts ‘societal Collapse’ From 2040 Onwards – But What Does That Actua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.