Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure (10865 Views)

Nigeria Spent $8bn To Restore Peace In Liberia - Gen. Irabor / Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 / #xenophobia: How Nigeria Spent $61BN To Free South Africa From Apartheid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Etybest: 7:15am On Jan 20, 2021
Chai
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Djyucee1(m): 7:17am On Jan 20, 2021
When I say this government is filled with dummies I know what I'm saying. Our president isn't intelligent and most of his appointees are not intelligent as well

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Strongbest(m): 7:20am On Jan 20, 2021
Even while the boarder was closed? kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Femijohn198: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2021
the worst administration ever in Nigeria, useless and clueless government. youth will protest soon that there have no president.let the army kill we are tired of useless bad administration

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Lilpen3758: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Austin4Jesus:
Has that stopped them from borrowing??
Nice signature
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by tobstarizhia(m): 7:31am On Jan 20, 2021
wait, that makes no sense. the border closure was to reduce food import not increase. so wtf was the whole point?
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by agbojohnson: 7:34am On Jan 20, 2021
niga which way.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by ehinmowo: 7:34am On Jan 20, 2021
i ate foreign from the the beginning of the borders closure to the end.

I tried local rice once, it was foaming and spilling on my gas. excessive starch. I had to cook it for a very long period of time. The taste, the texture, the look (after cooking), the starch were all turn off.

Nigeria rice is only good for animal feed. they thought it's only destoning or the looks that makes foreign rice superior.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by dadavivo: 7:36am On Jan 20, 2021
CBN governor is playing with our lives
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by adenigga(m): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2021
agbojohnson:
niga which way.

I'm coming......

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by engrchykae(m): 7:44am On Jan 20, 2021
adenigga:

https://m.thenationonlineng.net/News/Govt-spent-N1.85tr-on-food-import-during-border-closure

am not surprised,a Wiseman once told us that "these are littlemen with empty promises"
APC is the biblical"servants on horses"
Calling for NIN in a time of Covid and banning importation when our population is increasing astronomically is a sign of madness

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by bayelsaowei(m): 7:54am On Jan 20, 2021
So we still imported food..
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by alphaRego01(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2021
All i can say is Bleep!!!
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Bigterry: 7:55am On Jan 20, 2021
when headsmen will not allow farmers to farm, what do you expect. until the insecurity issue is address, nothing will change.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by kpas4kpas2(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2021
This is pure scamming! How can we produce enough food for ourselves when there is not good agricultural policies and support for us?
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Olakunleyakub(m): 7:57am On Jan 20, 2021
Nobody want to go to farm again meanwhile the tallest building in Nigeria was built with Coco money!

The agricultural graduates are not productive while government is not providing enabling environment too.

No balance of payment and trade!

We need huge investment in agriculture, technology and education if we ever want to come out of this mess we found ourselves in the next few years!
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Rebuke: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2021
Leaders with no leadership sense. All they do is propaganda, they think Nigerians are stupid.

Annoying thing is that they keep bragging while destroying the economy.

Please, show me what's really working in Nigeria that you can be proud of as a Nigerian.

Bunch of noise makers with no visible achievement except lies of course.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Image123(m): 8:03am On Jan 20, 2021
If 1.8trillion was imported in a closure, then that is not a closure abi where did the import pass?
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Rebuke: 8:06am On Jan 20, 2021
Djyucee1:
When I say this government is filled with dummies I know what I'm saying. Our president isn't intelligent and most of his appointees are not intelligent as well

That's the truth they hate to hear and the fact they are afraid to accept. A government of much ado about nothing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by olalat(m): 8:16am On Jan 20, 2021
The man should rest and go straight to the grassroots yo what the problems really are. People are ready to farm without even whatever intervention government offer. What people of bush are doing to Farmers is one the main problem of farming in Nigeria. Many farmers can not go to their farms for the fear of being killed or kidnapped by these people. security is zero in rural area. fix it
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by bigiyaro(m): 8:36am On Jan 20, 2021
Tell your dullar boss to stop his bandits and terrorist brothers to stop killing farmers.
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by dodoisk(m): 8:53am On Jan 20, 2021
Wahala
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by COURVOISier(m): 9:35am On Jan 20, 2021
Anything our government do there's always something sinister. shocked
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:36am On Jan 20, 2021
That's how much the hypocrisy of the elites cost us.
You close the border to foreign rice but still eat foreign rice and even use foreign toothpaste!!
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:55am On Jan 20, 2021
Helpfromabove1:
So u don't know Nigeria is a dumping ground for other countries of the world , even to farm na problem everyone wants to work in NNPC and the youths that should be creative and innovative about farming and agriculture generally wants to be the next hushppupi in town.

A crate of egg is around 1,200 naira in many areas just because we import maize that can easily be planted in many part of Nigeria and the other day it was onions, and we keep wondering why dollar will not exchange for 400 naira or more and some people will be blaming Buhari for everything when they are the major problem in this country .

Any time I remember the last avoidable Endsars protest and the violence that followed after that lead to loss of life and destruction of properties I ask myself what has the movement really achieve, did we just loose those life in vain ? Can we not avoid it from getting to that level , yes we can avoid the loss of life and violence if only we had cut short the protest at day 7 give govt one month or two to implement our demand and if not after the one month or two another 7days or what have we achieve , 2023 will still be business as usual
Atiku vs Tinubu (Jonathan should not just allow himself to be decieved to join the race he should take the honour and respect he got to the grave) .

We need to soro soke to ourselves once a while Nigeria does not belong burahi he has few years left to die , Nigeria belong to you and me and our children unborn even if you japa you will one day come come back to your source and may I ask how many can japa. Make I rest my case for now we move

Make me too go look for cryptocurrency to mine , since Bitcoin was mine for free in 2008
See where you ended your homily. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. I thought you'll say you're off to your maize farm but instead you're also looking to compound the problem you railed against.
Pity.
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by AK481(m): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Helpfromabove1:
So u don't know Nigeria is a dumping ground for other countries of the world , even to farm na problem everyone wants to work in NNPC and the youths that should be creative and innovative about farming and agriculture generally wants to be the next hushppupi in town.

A crate of egg is around 1,200 naira in many areas just because we import maize that can easily be planted in many part of Nigeria and the other day it was onions, and we keep wondering why dollar will not exchange for 400 naira or more and some people will be blaming Buhari for everything when they are the major problem in this country .

Any time I remember the last avoidable Endsars protest and the violence that followed after that lead to loss of life and destruction of properties I ask myself what has the movement really achieve, did we just loose those life in vain ? Can we not avoid it from getting to that level , yes we can avoid the loss of life and violence if only we had cut short the protest at day 7 give govt one month or two to implement our demand and if not after the one month or two another 7days or what have we achieve , 2023 will still be business as usual
Atiku vs Tinubu (Jonathan should not just allow himself to be decieved to join the race he should take the honour and respect he got to the grave) .

We need to soro soke to ourselves once a while Nigeria does not belong burahi he has few years left to die , Nigeria belong to you and me and our children unborn even if you japa you will one day come come back to your source and may I ask how many can japa. Make I rest my case for now we move

Make me too go look for cryptocurrency to mine , since Bitcoin was mine for free in 2008

Zabamari
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by adonnii(f): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2021
danngnews:

pm me
Just did. thank you sir
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by atiku07(m): 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
lol why won't this happen when your marauders in the name of Fulani Herdsmen are busy attacking everyone on their farm lands, who do you think will be ready to farm and die! Awitan Buhari will say the youths should go back to farm why can't he send his own son Yusuf to farm in his village in Katsina and see what will become of him at least he should lead by example. In this life ehn! i hate hypocrites the truth is the border closure was a complete mess, a failure and a total incompetency on the part of the so called policy makers. the policy ended up complicating the economic woes of the country and very counter productive. He just ended up enriching some set of people and impoverishing another set which is quite a wicked act haba!

Going forward all these trial and error economic policies needs to stop, we need to get experts to work in the right position and stop all these useless nepotic appointments and let face reality else we wont go anywhere.

my humble submission
Re: Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure by Dawudabiodun52(m): 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
The country has been a mess since the first day Demo-crazy took over from military government. Obasanjo, Jonathan and Buhari have failed this country. The economy of the country is going backward. Dollar is rising, people are dying, Yahoo boys, ritualist, budget padding. Just tired of this fucking country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ANAP Foundation Pre-Election Survey An Energy Booster, Says ‘Obidient’ Movement / SERAP Sues Govs, Wike Over "Failure To Account For Missing ₦‎40T LG Allocation" / Chime Swears In New Dep Gov In Enugu,says We Have Just Replaced A Bad Spark Plug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.