Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics (2419 Views)

Nigeria’s Economy Choking Under Pangs Of Politics- Businessday / Baba Iyabo Delivers His Ward To APC / Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2007
Baba Must Let Go

I strongly think It's time for BABA IYABO to let go of politics and spend more time with his children and grandchildren. What more can a person want. He has been there and done that. Why now was his time dealing with Nigerian politics, can someone help me understands why this man is so power driven? Why BABA WHY?

Didn’t you see how people are relaxing in Jamaican sandal? Didn’t you have enough Bahamas mama to sip on while on vacation, baba is time to hang on to the walking stick and let go of politics.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Tornadoz(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2007
He's in politics to protect his vast assets. The day his influence wanes, will be the beginning of his downfall. Am disappointed by OBJ because I supported him at the beginning. He's the typical African politician, they all believe in their invisibility.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by jesusfreak(f): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2007
Ironically, the Baba doesnt even play politics right, he's neither diplomatic nor cultured.

i think we shloud just leave him to try his best now that he's out of Aso Rock, his case will just be like a flash in d pan, soon to be forgotten.

besides who will blame him? i'll bet he still has de-javu feelings of returning to power wink

aso rock musta been sweet o! grin
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2007
The man is over 70 what more can one want?  why not just chill and enjoy the last days that you have?  MONEY, POWER, RESPECT?  could this be true?
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Bankole01(m): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2007
Yoruba people will "iduro ko si, ibere ko si fun eni t'o gbodo mi" if you swall a pestle, there is no standing nor sitting for you. Obasanjo has swallowed (stolen) more than he can handle. There will be no peace for him. He has to continously watch his back!
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2007
Bankole01 please translate what that Yoruba prover is for me. How do we know baba stole? has he been investigated or indicted?
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by jesusfreak(f): 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2007
nope, he hasnt been indicted

and might never be

this doesnt mean his hands are clean lipsrsealed
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2007
if I may ask is it possible for any person to hold that ultimate post in Nigeria and not one way or the other dip their hands in the jar of EGO?
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by jesusfreak(f): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2007
sadly,

nope! its not possible. if we want Nigeria to change, we must strat with a reformation of every single Nigerian. our minds must be purged of corruption!
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2007
Thank you for your honest answer, Even Nigerians overseas that have better life are still participating in corruption, so I will be curios if there is a cure for this epidemic
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by panalyst(m): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2007
Mamajama:

Thank you for your honest answer, Even Nigerians overseas that have better life are still participating in corruption, so I will be curios if there is a cure for this epidemic

You know thats a good point. was talking to my dad and i was like "my generation will be better for Nigeria" and he said which generation? the one that pops bottles of champagne with money they never worked for, ? Corruption is everywhere and even when these leaders die, a new trend of corrupt leaders will emerge. Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2007
panalyst

panalyst:

You know thats a good point. was talking to my dad and i was like "my generation will be better for Nigeria" and he said which generation? the one that pops bottles of champagne with money they never worked for, ? Corruption is everywhere and even when these leaders die, a new trend of corrupt leaders will emerge. Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Your father must be in CHICAGO or NYC and see what Area boys are doing in the club. They making it rain on them here lol

How true, your father must be comended for that statement, I was in a club in Chicago not too long, and the song came on make it rain, and a young Nigerian pull out a pile of cash and tossed it in the air making it rain on people, my uncle who is a medical doctor was like I am sure he did not work for that money.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2007
In conclusion this will be the 1st people to bash the government of corruption.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by initiator(m): 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2007
So MAMAJAMA whats ur point? That we should condone corruption or what?
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by denex: 4:44am On Jul 06, 2007
That we should not condone corruption in any sphere of life. By anyone or through any means.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by GNature(m): 11:11am On Jul 06, 2007
Why can't Obasanjo just leave the public scene and let the country move forward ? You ruled for 8 years and you are clocking 70, my goodness, isn't it time to rest ?

Which ex-president elsewhere in the world leaves office to become the chairman, board of trustees of his party ? He needs to stop meddling and retire in peace before he gets shot.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Bankole01(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2007
@mamajama:
"eni t'o gbodo mi" means the one who ate too much. A person who swallows a mortar, can neither stand nor sit.
Your Obasanjo is a greedy man who failed at his attempt to rule. Now he is ruling by proxy. If he doesn't stay in the scheme of things, he knows the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy will destroy him. forget about Yar'Adua running the affairs of nation. It is the Sultan and the Emirs besides Obasanjo who will now run Nigeria under the ground!!!!!!!!
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2007
Sultan and Emir? how privileged are this people? do they even have any say in government any more?
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Bankole01(m): 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2007
Mamajama:

Sultan and Emir? how privileged are this people? do they even have any say in government any more?

Mamajama, mamajama, mamajama, how many times a don call you, ehn.
Pls my broda don't act ignorant. The Sultan and the Emirs are at the fore front of the call for unity government because they want to consolidate Northern power. They have been at the fore front for years. The military boys were able to wittle their powers a little but they bounced back. most of the northern leaders are now almost all ex-military generals.

Yes, they have a lot of say in government. They also know this is an Obasanjo government by proxy and they are in a battle to wittle OBJ's influence on the feeble Yar'Adua.

Look at the list of ministerial appointments. They are mostly OBJ boys and girls, mostly Northerners and or muslims!!!!!
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2007
If your allegation is so true, then Nigerians are bleeped with a HOT GREASE for life. Will most of this nominees be confirm? i thought Yar adua asked each governor to present 2 candidates each for ministerial appointments. I am curious to what backgrounds or qualification does this people seeking the post have? What is their resume?
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by angel101(f): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2007
my prayer is for OBJ and Yradua to fall aout. that just might reign him in. grin
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 4:34pm On Jul 06, 2007
I don't think that is possible as that will lead to the end of Yar Adua ambition to rule Nigeria. That post is to powerful and baba still has loyalist in senate. BABA is too smart and single handedly picked Yar Adua and Jonathan for a reason.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by chistiana(f): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2007
i thaught they said charity begins at home. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We dont ve to blame the monkey we called  our ex-president. ve we all search our heart, we keep saying we ve bad roads, we have dirty street and so on, what ve we all contributed to make this Nigeria a "graet contry"
we keep saying the Governments  are  not doin their work, who are the Government?we are the government for God peter.

let all remeber this man is serving us, we are not the one serving him

thats the reason we have fundamental human right in presidential system of Govt, to vote to whom eva we know can do it best.

lets ask our selves this question, if u are elected to be in Aso rock right now, what are u going to do.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Seun(m): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2007
Some of us are busy trying to create new ventures in this country. We are not waiting for the government at all.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Mamajama(m): 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2007
chistiana   That sermon only apply in a modern country, even USA election was stolen twice by BUSH,  there is no election in Nigeria, there is selection.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by Rogo: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2007
God will bless you for this topic. please nigerian should tell that old man to leave politics. i don't like seeing him in politics
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by boladez(m): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2007
I don't think the man is worth being debated upon.

As far as I am concerned he led the PDP to squander our collective resources for 8 years and he should be made to pay for it.

I guess like King Nebuchadnezzar, OBJ the DEAF!!! is climbing to the PDP BOT for God to destroy for the sake of the wickedness he perpetrated for 8 years.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by desertboom(m): 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2007
Baba has achieved alot, i wounder what he's still looking for BABA IYABO should forget politics for young upcoming and able Nigerians.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by marco74(m): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2007
seun,you're so pre-occupied with whatever u think your contibution to the economy is??people are talking about probaly the biggest issue contributing to the bad state of the country and all u can say is u are not waiting for the govt.i can assure u that most people here aren't waiting either but they feel touched by issues like endemic nature of corruption in nigeria.i suppose u think you can sustain a thriving biz by the time the country is finally run down.hope u know that number of criminal elements will increase exponentially in such circumstances and it may not be too easy to enjoy the fruit of this venture that u are so proud of?!!
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by MP007(m): 3:06am On Jul 07, 2007
he is power drunk, tell him i said it,
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by globalaid(m): 7:20am On Jul 07, 2007
Baba iyabo, Baba Iyabo, Baba Iyabo. How many times did i call you. He who God want to destroy he first made them mad. Your end is near.
Re: Baba Iyabo Must Let Go Of Politics by frenchman(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2007
There will be no peace for the wicked. OBJ has murdered sleep, he may run from pillar to post to cover up his misdeeds, but surely one day, nemesis will catch up with him. God the final arbiter and the impartial umpire is waiting for him at the end of the rat race.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp S-election In Ondo State / Aristo: A New Name For Prostitution On Campus / Yar’adua’s Closest Friend And Wife, Turai, Are Nigeria’s Biggest Smugglers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.