Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

Benin Jailbreaks: Edo Govt Resorts To Tech, Opens Portal For Reporting Fleeing I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Jailbreaks: Edo Govt Resorts To Tech, Opens Portal For Reporting Fleeing I (158 Views)

Akpabio: Since Prisons Were Renamed Correctional Centres, Jailbreaks Increased / 10 Major Jailbreaks On President Buhari’s Watch / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Jailbreaks: Edo Govt Resorts To Tech, Opens Portal For Reporting Fleeing I by Aisosa25: 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
*Benin jailbreaks: Edo govt resorts to tech, opens portal for reporting fleeing inmates*

*_… places reward of up to N250, 000 for information leading to rearrest of escapee prisoners_*

The Edo State Government has opened a portal for members of the public to submit credible information that will lead to the arrest of fleeing inmates from two Medium Security Correctional Centres (MSCC) in Benin City, the state capital.

In a statement, Managing Director Designate, Edo State Information Communication Technology Agency (ICTA), Emmanuel Magnus Eweka, urged members of the public with useful information relating to the fleeing inmates to log into the portal: www.edostate.gov.ng/fugitives to submit their reports.

He said the development is in line with the recent directive by Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki on the deployment of technology to ensure the re-arrest of the fleeing inmates and placing of up to N250, 000 as reward for information leading to rearrest of the inmates.

According to him, “The Agency has built a website with the photographs of the fleeing inmates from the white house and Oko Prisons, as part of Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki’s drive and recent announcement to the public on new measures to recapture the inmates that escaped from prisons in Benin City, the state capital."

Eweka noted that the information submitted on the portal by members of the public will be redirected to the Edo State Command and Control Centre and security agencies for follow-up.

He added that members of the public can also submit information on the fleeing inmates to fugitives@edostate.gov.ng or call any of the following numbers: +2348001235111, +2348002200110.

Re: Benin Jailbreaks: Edo Govt Resorts To Tech, Opens Portal For Reporting Fleeing I by NLacctsForSale: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
Good Development
Re: Benin Jailbreaks: Edo Govt Resorts To Tech, Opens Portal For Reporting Fleeing I by Nwodosis(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
How secured will your life be after giving information and collection of rewards?
Re: Benin Jailbreaks: Edo Govt Resorts To Tech, Opens Portal For Reporting Fleeing I by Rtk5: 5:26pm On Jan 20, 2021
This is good news.... People who committed several attrocities & evil against man and the society at large, yet wanna live a free life? No.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And Her Betrayal By Diaspora / Slow Decision-making Fuels Agitation – Kabiru Yusuf / NIN Bribery And Corruption In Ikpoba _ Okha Lga Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.