Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration (39753 Views)

Liberia's New President Faints, Rushed Off Podium During Inauguration (Vid) / Taliban Leaders Brawled At Presidential Palace / Aso Ebi For Biden/Harris Inauguration From Africa (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Enudapan: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by AceM12: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2021
2 seconds and everything just burst for her!

Congrats girly...
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:38am On Jan 21, 2021
How is she the youngest poet? My cousin is 10 and writes more powerful poems and stories than what I read up there.

Don't kid yourself. undecided
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2021
thelinguist:
And so
Exactly what was in my mind.
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Coquinoqui: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2021
Kylekent59:

Black man hating on another black lady.

Why do black hate each other?
They hate seeing their fellow black prospering.

You're absolutely right. The heart of a black man is evil

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by PDPdestroyer(m): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2021
Just watch from now on how the Trump diehards and sadists from the East will be scouting for bad news about America to taunt Joe Biden, just to validate their evil wish for America to fail post-Trump era.
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by meobizy(f): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2021
The speech was good. I saw through the theatrics. Nothing has changed in America for the black man. A black person will still get killed by the police and black people will protest en masse. Everyone is only happy that Donald Trump isn’t the president anymore.

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by TimiRume(f): 10:41am On Jan 21, 2021
The number of jealous comments I'm seeing on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Angelfrost(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2021
LMS1:
SHE PROMISED TO RUN FROM PRESIDENT IN 2036 AND THIS ONE I CANT WAIT TO LAUGH!

You can't wait to laugh at a young person's ambition and dream??! I see... Keep laughing while others succeed!!!
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by FBIBOT(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2021
Wow.... This is great.... Environment truly plays an important role in child development
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by princeSammyz: 10:42am On Jan 21, 2021
Great poem, powerful delivery
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by System6464: 10:42am On Jan 21, 2021
Kylekent59:

My brother the thing tire me oo. This is why they sold each other to the whites during slave trade. It’s pathetic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by iamJ(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
How is she the youngest poet? My cousin is 10 and writes more powerful poems and stories than what I read up there.

sample of her work cause Amanda's poem is a one for history books, the depths of wisdom that she expressed, goosebumps all over my body, I had to remind myself not to cry.
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by iamJ(m): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2021
TimiRume:
The number of jealous comments I'm seeing on this thread
typical black man, see another climbing the ladder of life with hard work and they are hating, these same people will celebrate emoney and davido

Very stupid people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2021
iamJ:
sample of her work cause Amanda's poem is a one for history books, the depths of wisdom that she expressed, goosebumps all over my body, I had to remind myself not to cry.

It's a "HE". And you expect me to show them to you?
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Angelfrost(m): 10:45am On Jan 21, 2021
Kylekent59:

It's something called Envy!... It is a rare thing to see an average African negro lacking such a terrible character flaw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by iamJ(m): 10:47am On Jan 21, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

It's a "HE". And you expect me to show them to you?
if they are as good as you claim, a snippet will announce his greatness

People are fond of hyping up average talents when the person is emotionally connected to them, burna boy's mother will never ever agree that davido is better and she isn't wrong but she is taking that stance from an emotional stand point like you grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Angelfrost(m): 10:48am On Jan 21, 2021
gbaskiboy:
This one is not random 2k Nigerians girls
If na naija girls that will ask for urgent 2k for transport fare back home

This line is getting quite stale tbh... In my circle and associations, I have met quite the number of Nigerian ladies as exceptional as the young lady above, if not even better.

Enough of this obtuse generalization. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by iamJ(m): 10:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

This line is getting quite stale tbh... In my circle and associations, I have met quite the number of Nigerian ladies as exceptional as the young lady above, if not even better.

Enough of this obtuse generalization. Thank you.
in a few years there will be more single ladies that are successful than guys

All these ones will be chasing bread sellers and complaining that she is poor, go to most cooperate firms and ask staffers out and see how women that are comfortable behave

Every small thing girls are beggers, how many have they dated self angry

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Angelfrost(m): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Sigh... Learn to read and properly comprehend.

She is the "Youngest poet to ever recite at an American president's inauguration"!!! Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by banmee(m): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Read the headline again. She is not the youngest poet. She is the youngest poet to read at a presidential INAUGURATION.

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by gcof(m): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2021
JudgeKronos:
Brilliant...

Where are those fools that said trump is not leaving?
one promised me 1k dollars but he is yet to take his call since the inauguration grin

2 Likes

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 21, 2021
Lol
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2021
iamJ:
if they are as good as you claim, a snippet will announce his greatness

People are fond of hyping up average talents when the person is emotionally connected to them, burna boy's mother will never ever agree that davido is better and she isn't wrong but she is taking that stance from an emotional stand point like you grin

I try to be very honest when it is necessary. The boy is damn good. I can not send you a snippet of his work. Anyone here can plagiarize it. Sorry.
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Angelfrost(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2021
iamJ:
in a few years there will be more single ladies that are successful than guys

All these ones will be chasing bread sellers and complaining that she is poor, go to most cooperate firms and ask staffers out and see how women that are comfortable behave

Every small thing girls are beggers, how many have they dated self angry

The shit is tiring tbh... Like how daft and idiotic are these people??! Who is raising these sons of nowadays??! Such a shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by theFilmtric: 10:54am On Jan 21, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

1.what you saw up there isn't up to 10% of the poem
2.She's the youngest to perform in the Inauguration
3.Let's see your cousin's poem
Let's help her blow nau
Abi na audio?

theFilmtricsay
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by timay(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2021
PDPdestroyer:
Just watch from now on how the Trump diehards and sadists from the East will be scouting for bad news about America to taunt Joe Biden, just to validate their evil wish for America to fail post-Trump era.

Lol. grin
Don't be a hypocrite. this is politics and that's what they all do. Or is that not what the Democrats did to Trump's administration?

From claiming that Trump's presidency is illegitimate, to the Russian election collusion accusation without evidence, despite both independent and government security agencies clearing him of such to countless media attacks , with the Pandemic being the bulls eye that finally stuck, and eventually used and milked to oust him.

Hello bro, I repeat they are all the same. You'll be naive to think of one party as evil and the other as saint. You only see the Democrats as saints because they align with your ideals. I repeat , they are all the same and both sides play games with the lives of innocent ordinary people everyday to further their ambitions.

Know this and know peace bro.
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2021
banmee:

Read the headline again. She is not the youngest poet. She is the youngest poet to read at a presidential INAUGURATION.

I think I have a problem with comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Lawdis(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2021
Driedfish:
Meow meow.

Not sure if I’m impressed or not

...use your pillows to press your head to see you will be impressed

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Bluffly: 10:56am On Jan 21, 2021
"Quiet is not always peace."
A message to the world from Biden. Trump exit does not mean the ideology of America first has been swept under the carpet.
Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by Angelfrost(m): 10:56am On Jan 21, 2021
PDPdestroyer:

Leave those ones... They live perpetually miserable lives!!! They will have sense las las.

1 Like

Re: Meet Amanda Gorman, The Youngest Poet To Read At Presidential Inauguration by airliner(m): 10:58am On Jan 21, 2021
My ex girl dat year... shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afghan Shops Remove Heads of Mannequins in Line With Taliban Order / Photos From The Swearing In Ceremony Of Adama Barrow As Gambian President / The Troops Queen Elizabeth Brought To New York At The End Of WW II (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.