Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Help Me Choose A Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Choose A Car (1556 Views)

Help Me Choose Between Venza, Camry And BMW / Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 / Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose A Car by Chidimercy: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2021
I want to buy my first car this year, please I know nothing about cars and my budget if 2.5m.

Please what's the best option to go with.

The car, model and best place to purchase.
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Diegostan(m): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2021
Chidimercy:
I want to buy my first car this year, please I know nothing about cars and my budget if 2.5m.

Please what's the best option to go with.

The car, model and best place to purchase.

You can't go wrong with a Toyota Camry.
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Chidimercy: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2021
Diegostan:

You can't go wrong with a Toyota Camry.

What model of camry, what is the likely cost?
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by KodakBlack: 11:31am On Jan 21, 2021
Avoid NIGERIAN USED CARS.

RUN A THOROUGH VIN CHECK BEFORE PAYING.

FIND A TECHNICIAN WHO KNOWS WHAT GHEYRE DOING TO HELP YOU CHECK IT OUT BEFORE PAYING.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Chidimercy: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2021
KodakBlack:

FIND A TECHNICIAN WHO KNOWS WHAT GHEYRE DOING TO HELP YOU CHECK IT OUT BEFORE PAYING.

Where I can I get the foreign used cars? What model can my. Budget of 2.5m go with
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Stanobel: 11:59am On Jan 21, 2021
Chidimercy:

Where I can I get the foreign used cars? What model can my. Budget of 2.5m go with

I have a clean tokunbo toyota solara for sale check my profile or chat me up
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by osato45: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
Chidimercy:

honda accord 2008 to 2010 four cylinder

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Diegostan(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Chidimercy:

07-09 models you can get decent 4plugs for 2.5m
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by computerglobal(m): 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
[quote author=Chidimercy post=98285743][/quote]

Make An Informed Decision With Our Comprehensive Vehicle Report

Contact us on Whats-app now : 08060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by KodakBlack: 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
Chidimercy:

Visit the auto section of nairaland. You’ll find all sort of vehicles within that price range.

It all depends on what you’re looking for in a car. Are you just looking for something to move you from point A to B or something luxurious. Once you decide which one it is, then it is easier to suggest a handful for a first timer.

-KB.
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by oluwagbenga98327: 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
[quote author=Chidimercy post=98285743][/quote]Make An Informed Decision With Our Comprehensive Vehicle ReportContact us on Whats-app now : 08060365068Call/Sms/Whatsapp to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Chidimercy: 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
KodakBlack:

Visit the auto section of nairaland. You’ll find all sort of vehicles within that price range.

It all depends on what you’re looking for in a car. Are you just looking for something to move you from point A to B or something luxurious. Once you decide which one it is, then it is easier to suggest a handful for a first timer.

-KB.

Thanks got your contribution. I just need something, durable and comfortable basically for mobility not luxury
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by badoh(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
Being your first car, kindly choose among the listed options. However, please ensure any one you get among them is a Tokunbo.
1. 2007-2009 Toyota Camry- popular name is muscle. Price is around 2.7 and above.
2. 2005/2006 Toyota Camry- Tokunbo is betwn 1.9 to 2.2m- Popular name is Big Daddy
3 Lexus ES330- price is between 2.4- 2.5
4. 2007 Toyota Corolla- Price is between 2m- 2.2m
You won't regret getting any of the listed vehicles but ensure you run the VIN of the vehicle to know the history before making payment.

Best of luck.

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by KodakBlack: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
Chidimercy:

Thanks got your contribution. I just need something, durable and comfortable basically for mobility not luxury

I won’t advice you to go for the Corolla because that car attracts thieves by itself.

With that amount of money, you can get Camry 05 or 06 better still Lexus ES 300 isn’t bad or Rx 300 of you want more higher ground clearance.

The choice is yours.
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
Very biased...
What happens to other brands..

The earlier you all emancipated yourselves from this Toyota slavery, the better for us.

badoh:
Being your first car, kindly choose among the listed options. However, please ensure any one you get among them is a Tokunbo.
1. 2007-2009 Toyota Camry- popular name is muscle. Price is around 2.7 and above.
2. 2005/2006 Toyota Camry- Tokunbo is betwn 1.9 to 2.2m- Popular name is Big Daddy
3 Lexus ES330- price is between 2.4- 2.5
4. 2007 Toyota Corolla- Price is between 2m- 2.2m
You won't regret getting any of the listed vehicles but ensure you run the VIN of the vehicle to know the history before making payment.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by andrewbaba44: 5:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
latestmodel:
Very biased...
What happens to other brands..

The earlier you all emancipated yourselves from this Toyota slavery, the better for us.

Lol but that’s his opinion nah so why say Toyota slavery

Anyway Toyota is the most used car in Nigeria
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by osato45: 5:48pm On Jan 23, 2021
Avoid the 07 to 09 camry if possible

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by UncutSk(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2021
osato45:
Avoid the 07 to 09 camry if possible
why? what are your reasons

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by osato45: 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
UncutSk:
why? what are your reasons
mainly oil burn issues and dash board issues. You can Google it and add nairaland to your search. I was told that the oil burn issues were corrected in the 2010 model

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Stanobel: 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2021
@op i have a clean toyota camry 2014 model or toyota solara 2008 model just slide into my dm and God bless you
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by CarGuideNG: 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2021
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by computerglobal(m): 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2021
KodakBlack:

Run a VIN check and verify critical facts you need to buy a used car with confidence. Check the title status, previous odometer readings and the current market of the vehicle. Do as many checks as possible to ensure you are getting a legitimate offer.

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Whats-app.. 080 60 36 5068

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Blacklaurel: 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
osato45:
mainly oil burn issues and dash board issues. You can Google it and add nairaland to your search. I was told that the oil burn issues were corrected in the 2010 model
The oil burn issue is not as bad as it's being painted on this forum, that ride is still one of the most reliable which is one of the reasons the car is like mtn everywhere you go. The dashboard issue is actually non- issue if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by osato45: 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2021
Blacklaurel:

The oil burn issue is not as bad as it's being painted on this forum, that ride is still one of the most reliable which is one of the reasons the car is like mtn everywhere you go. The dashboard issue is actually non- issue if you know what I mean.
well if I was to buy and I had the money to go for a more reliable year, I will choose the 2010 camry, the 07 to 09 comes with a defective engine from toyota and on nairaland you see many threads with sale of naija reg 07 or 08 Camry.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by andrewbaba44: 8:54am On Jan 26, 2021
osato45:

With your Mobil 1 ,changing the oil every 5,000 miles or every 6 months you are good to go

That car is fvcking reliable if not e no go plenty for road like sand

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by melviniyke2002(m): 9:05am On Jan 26, 2021
KodakBlack:

avoid Nigerian used haba,some Nigerian can maintain cars compare to some white self......avoid Nigerian nah who go come buy Nigerian used.....

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by Timblogga: 9:59am On Jan 26, 2021
KodakBlack:

So what happens when you want to upgrade, you will got to Ghana and sell your car aby?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by osato45: 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2021
andrewbaba44:

With your Mobil 1 ,changing the oil every 5,000 miles or every 6 months you are good to go

That car is fvcking reliable if not e no go plenty for road like sand
I love the confidence
Re: Help Me Choose A Car by andrewbaba44: 1:47pm On Jan 26, 2021
KodakBlack:

If he can’t afford toks then he can go for naija used

Abi no be human being dey buy naija used ?

Go with good technician then you are good to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose A Car by mbembe: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2021
It is really very disheartening seeing all these attachment to Toyota. Even God in His own wisdom favoured variety during creation. I repeat you cannot derive any real driving experience in a Toyota perhaps and may be LX 570 which is a luxury flagship. Bros, go look for a 2007 - 2008 Hyundai Azera (Limited edition). With a grade A confirmed Toks , in the next 3 years let me borrow Pastor Chris line- you will dwell in an atmosphere of bliss, plus some change in your pocket. Toyota people, Nawa o.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Difference Type Of Benz W203 Engine? / Are Toyota/honda Parts Really Cheap / See and "die" Truck .can you trade this for your wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.