Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 (4795 Views)

Hello Mdx Or Crosstour / Please, Is There Any MDX Or Pilot With 4 Plugs / Acura Mxd 08 Or Lexus Rx330? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by PattyMike(m): 12:05am On Nov 20, 2022
Acura 2007 MDX or Lexus RX 330 2006?
I’m planing to upgrade from my big daddy to an SUV cus of bad road.
I am leaning towards the Lexus cus it holds value, but Acura gives me speed lol. Also maintenance is an important factor.

Thank you guys for words of wisdom
Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by sultaan(m): 1:43am On Nov 20, 2022
How many kids do you have? And do you see yourself going to the village with a full house more than twice a year

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by PattyMike(m): 4:51am On Nov 20, 2022
Hahaha. I have a daughter. village ke LOL
Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by ukandi1(m): 5:23am On Nov 20, 2022
Acura MDX is also V6 user same with lexus RX 330.
I recommend the RX 330 for simple reasons.
1. Resale value is higher
2. Service personnel easily available
3. Engine type is either 1GR, 2GR or 3MZ. The 3MZ is very rugged and easily fixed in event of breakdown. Just avoid the GR grades. They are the strongest Toyota engines available but our Nigerian mechanics still struggle with them.

Good luck with that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by kingreign(m): 8:03am On Nov 20, 2022
ukandi1:
3. Engine type is either 1GR, 2GR or 3MZ. The 3MZ is very rugged and easily fixed in event of breakdown. Just avoid the GR grades. They are the strongest Toyota engines available but our Nigerian mechanics still struggle with them.

Good luck with that

No RX comes with 1GR, 2GR is a very rugged engine too

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by chukel(m): 8:26am On Nov 20, 2022
ukandi1:

Good luck with that
No rx330 comes with 2GR or as you said 1GR. Only 3MZ. RX350 comes in 2GR

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by 9icetoo(m): 8:28am On Nov 20, 2022
PattyMike:
I am leaning towards the Lexus cus it holds value, but Acura gives me speed lol. Also maintenance is an important factor.

Let's start with the following.
1. Size: MDX is bigger. It will carry more and hold more cargo. It has 3rd row seat in case you have a big family or intend to haul extended family around occasionally.
2. Luxury: MDX is more equipped. The sound system is dope.
3. Speed: well the mdx does 0 to 60 in 6.xx seconds so there.
4. Handling: way ahead of the rx330. You will find the AWD on the Acura to be more suited to bad roads than the rx330.
5. Second hand value: you already know this. The rx330 holds more value.
6. Maintenance: both engines use timing belt but that is bout where the similarities end.
The J37 in the MDX is an interference engine. If the belt cuts, the engine is gone. You will have to change the top and a few other things but if you are unlucky, you will have to change the entire engine.
The mdx has more maintenance items such as the transfer case and the rear axle which all use special oils.
The transmission oil in the MDX requires more frequent oil changes than the transmission oil of the rx330.

All other things are basically the same.

Avoid the mdx with the active damper shocks if you are buying the mdx.

Good luck.

11 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by erico2k2(m): 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2022
PattyMike:

I just bought the Acura MDX for my dad, it's quite a car, as it has the Air suspension, 3 rows of seats, good size

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by PattyMike(m): 10:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
Thank you for the opinions. I am taking all into consideration.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by PattyMike(m): 10:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
9icetoo:

1. Size: MDX is bigger. It will carry more and hold more cargo. It has 3rd row seat in case you have a big family or intend to haul extended family around occasionally.
4. Handling: way ahead of the rx330. You will find the AWD on the Acura to be more suited to bad roads than the rx330.
6. Maintenance: both engines use timing belt but that is bout where the similarities end.
The J37 in the MDX is an interference engine. If the belt cuts, the engine is gone. You will have to change the top and a few other things but if you are unlucky, you will have to change the entire engine.
The mdx has more maintenance items such as the transfer case and the rear axle which all use special oils.
The transmission oil in the MDX requires more frequent oil changes than the transmission oil of the rx330.

Good luck.

Thanks mi bro

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by Dozieson(m): 6:17am On Nov 21, 2022
Go with RX 330 3MZ.
I have a colleague that has been using it for more than 7 years with no issue. But service with mobile 1.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by SlyPe(m): 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
Go for the Acura MDX bro you won’t regret it but if you’re planning on reselling later in future then go for RX 330. I’ve been using my MDX for 3 years now without any issue.

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by pennzo: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2022
Thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

For anyone who may be interested, I've got a 2015 MdX on the market. Bought almost brand new and 99% well maintained. Great buy for anyone who nicks it. Quote me if it interests you.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by hello66: 10:18am On Nov 24, 2022
pennzo:
Thoroughly enjoyed this thread.

For anyone who may be interested, I've got a 2015 MdX on the market. Bought almost brand new and 99% well maintained. Great buy for anyone who nicks it. Quote me if it interests you.

Upgraded or the main 15

Have pictures?
Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by hello66: 10:19am On Nov 24, 2022
SlyPe:
Go for the Acura MDX bro you won’t regret it but if you’re planning on reselling later in future then go for RX 330. I’ve been using my MDX for 3 years now without any issue.

What year is your mdx sir
Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by SlyPe(m): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2022
Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by pennzo: 10:59am On Nov 24, 2022
[quote author=hello66 post=118643926]

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by Mpcoll001: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2022
9icetoo:

Good luck.
I like your analysis.. Quite informative and encompassing smiley

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by valarinz: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2022
ukandi1:

Good luck with that

Purchase value is higher too, so?

You guys should stop repeating those lines already, it's gone stale

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by valarinz: 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2022
SlyPe:

Your comment seems contradicting, so if he's planning to resell, he can't resell the MDX?

Why do you guys just chorus the value cars are sold Naija used without putting it side by side the value they were bought as toks

You spend higher to purchase a toks 2006 RX330, almost double the figure for your 2006 MDX, but when the RX330 is now sold for a higher figure as Naija used it automatically has "resale value'

sad

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by SlyPe(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2022
Your comment seems contradicting, so if he's planning to resell, he can't resell the MDX?

Why do you guys just chorus the value cars are sold Naija used without putting it side by side the value they were bought as toks

You spend higher to purchase a toks 2006 RX330, almost double the figure for your 2006 MDX, but when the RX330 is now sold for a higher figure as Naija used it automatically has "resale value'

Oga rest… everyone knows Lexus and Toyota has a resale value compared to other brand of vehicles in NIGERIA!!!
Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by PattyMike(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2022
Thanks guys for all the input, I finally went for the Acura MDX 2008 after test driving both cars Acura and RX 330 06. That Acura dey fly abeg lol. Weird thing is it doesn't feel like you're driving an SUV, handles so well. Ogas in the house I will appreciate maintenance tips

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by PattyMike(m): 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
SlyPe:

Maintenance tip bro, I go appreciate your advise.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
PattyMike:
Thanks guys for all the input, I finally went for the Acura MDX 2008 after test driving both cars Acura and RX 330 06. That Acura dey fly abeg lol. Weird thing is it doesn't feel like you're driving an SUV, handles so well. Ogas in the house I will appreciate maintenance tips
you bought the best ride..its ways ahead of the rx330.Its a powerful ride for big boys as far as you can maintain it.Acura all the way,and e no over common like rx.enjoy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by PattyMike(m): 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
you bought the best ride..its ways ahead of the rx330.Its a powerful ride for big boys as far as you can maintain it.Acura all the way,and e no over common like rx.enjoy

Thanks broski
Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by SlyPe(m): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2022
PattyMike:

Maintenance tip bro, I go appreciate your advise.
I service my jeep every 3 months and the recommended oil for my model is SAE 5w20. I also change my brake pad every 4 months due to my environment.
Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by SlyPe(m): 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
PattyMike:
Congrats on your new ride man, pls use the oil required of your vehicle to avoid stories �

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by Conner44: 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
SlyPe:

I service my jeep every 3 months and the recommended oil for my model is SAE 5w20. I also change my brake pad every 4 months due to my environment.

What type of environment would require you to change your brake pads so often? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by kingreign(m): 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Conner44:

What type of environment would require you to change your brake pads so often? shocked
E Dey climb mountains and valleys every time.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by erico2k2(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2022
SlyPe:

You are buying substandard brake pads aka Fake, how many miles do you make in them months?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by erico2k2(m): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
PattyMike:
The Acura has Air suspension. Check

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Chiefs. Acura MDX Or Lexus RX 330 by PattyMike(m): 7:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
SlyPe:

SAE 5w20 is it Mobil? Cus my mechanic just serviced today and put new brake pads, he has been working on previous cars with no complaints but I don't know the oil he used. I go call ask am. Thanks boss mi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now Open In Ibadan Oyo State. / My Toyota Avalon / Worst Car You've Driven, Or Been Driven In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.