Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling (28399 Views)

A Prudent Proposal To Tinubu: Quit Now By Okey Ndibe / Jewish Worshippers Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parents' Burial Detained By Soldiers / Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by resoluteideas: 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
okay.
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Omoslim26: 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nija and nonsense oppression na

Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by 33l0: 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

10k... 7k... Pretty cheap!!!
That's because we're currently running a promo.
Try to get your early before it gets back to the normal price; not even the ones striken through.
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by 9jakool: 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2021
Well, that's because Nigeria is not a democracy. It's an authoritarian country masquerading as a democracy.
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by SAMBARRY: 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
lifenija:
rubbish dss
DSS wey be rat for bokoharam Na them go dey SHAkara decent citizens wey them never fit become
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by illicit(m): 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
To slap DSS dey hungry me....

my hand dey scratch me cheesy
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by GitmoAuditors: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
Okay Ndibe is a very fierce and brave writer
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Smeagol89: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
by the time this government is done with Nigeria, people like Ngpatriot, helineus, the dead meat seller will have sense by force

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by jchioma: 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
E be like say, Dis buhari gvt wan scatter; with all these foolish measures they are giving law abiding citizens, while terrorists, bandits, kidnappers and lawlessness reign supreme.
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Macphenson: 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2021
simplelad:
Because he's a professor, he shouldn't be interrogated. Some people will just jump into conclusion. It must have a reason.

You couldn't even state the reason yet you concluded.

Why did the DSS not tell him the reason for the interrogation?

Common sense is indeed not.common

1 Like

Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Reptyle(m): 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
envoymedia:
US-based Nigerian professor and Political columnist, Okey Ndibe was allegedly detained by the DSS before being allowed to board his flight yesterday January 20, IgbereTV reports.

Tge disclosure was made on Twitter by Nigerian-born former Chief of Staff to the Board of Montgomery County Public Schools in Rockville, Maryland, (MCPS) USA, Ikhide Roland Ikheloa.

Ikhide tweeted;

https://twitter.com/ikhide/status/1352009876906668036?s=19

He later made an updated on the tweet. He wrote;

https://twitter.com/ikhide/status/1352016174956089345?s=19

Nothing untoward here in my own opinion.

People get pulled over all the time at airports across the world.

As long as he wasn't whisked away to an underground cell somewhere afterwards, I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill.

The DSS and other security agencies should be allowed to do their jobs. If anyone feels their rights have been infringed, take it up with the law.

Twitter isn't a court.
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Sleekfingers: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
divinecode101:
Thunder will fire Buhari, very idiotic b@st@rd - this is not democracy it is militocracy

na buhari say make dem detain the fella? Everything na buhari....even if u keep eating eba morning, afternoon and night for a week....and shit no gree comot for your yansh na buhari
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Dchampion65: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
divinecode101:
Thunder will fire Buhari, very idiotic b@st@rd - this is not democracy it is militocracy

Calm down

Even in the so call US. You can be question for hours without apology.

The man just raised false alarm
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
DSS Gestapo
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Sleekfingers: 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
33l0:
Different wristwatches of different specifications available.

They are all waterproofed and high quality is guaranteed. Get yourself and your lovers any of them as they'll look definitely good on you.

None of our customers has ever regretted dealing with us and you'll also be glad to patronise us.

Male wristwatch is used to be 12,000 naira but we've brought the price down to 10,000 naira while the female wristwatch costs 9,500 naira but we've brought the price down to 7,000 naira and the offer lasts only for a short period of time.

Send a us a message at devepublisher@gmail .com to order for yours now.

7,000 naira wristwatch that one na watch?
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
rocknation62:
My friend,they’re doing what they are being employed to do...They’re doing there JOB...

Rubbish. A law abiding citizen has no need to fear officers of the law.
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2021
rocknation62:
My friend,they’re doing what they are being employed to do...They’re doing there JOB...
'their'...... Nigerian students smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by laiperi: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
Some of the guys here short or convenient memory. This is not the first time he has been detained.

Funny though, the same people that voted for Jonathan, Yaradua, OBJ are now firing Buhari. Any difference between them?

Idol worshippers!
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by airsaylongcome: 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
Angelfrost:

10k... 7k... Pretty cheap!!!

For supposedly high quality watches o! All these "costume" accessories
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
rocknation62:
continue
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
kalu61:
They may have been some misinformation about him.

When the highest security agency start having misinformation about Nigerians - you know that you have hired illiterates to keep you alive grin
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by mastermaestro(m): 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
Reptyle:

Nothing untoward here in my own opinion.

People get pulled over all the time at airports across the world.

As long as he wasn't whisked away to an underground cell somewhere afterwards, I think we are making a mountain out of a molehill.

The DSS and other security agencies should be allowed to do their jobs. If anyone feels their rights have been infringed, take it up with the law.

Twitter isn't a court.

You are being delusional! Which Nigerian court are you talking about? The courts presided over by judges whose homes are sometimes invaded by the same FG-enabled DSS?

Today Twitter guarantees you justice more than any court in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by Babalegba(m): 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2021
rocknation62:
And what useless job is that. Boko Haram is running amok in the north and kidnapping is rife. Clearly they are not doing their job well Praising mediocrity as usual .Shior.
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by EMMY76: 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2021
Useless dss that can't even arrest shekau for over a decade now they are only good in arresting and harrassing innocent law-abiding nigerians.
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by 33l0: 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
Sleekfingers:

7,000 naira wristwatch that one na watch?
We are currently running a promo. Be wise enough to order now before it gets back to normal price.
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by HelpYourself(m): 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
prince2pac:
No vex abi..... after the delay... information Una no go gather, Una go just de behave anyhow... DSS and EFCC weh suppose de another level in terms security and information just de behave like police always

To be frank I think Ndlea are the best in Nigeria as regards professionalism and intelligence

Before you see Ndlea they have done their intelligence gathering even if it takes them 12 months they are patient

2 Likes

Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by prince2pac(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
GofuckYourself:

To be frank I think Ndlea are the best in Nigeria as regards professionalism and intelligence

Before you see Ndlea they have done their intelligence gathering even if it takes them 12 months they are patient
yeah, that's true
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by simplelad(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2021
Is there any conclusion in my comment, kindly read the comment again. Your post sound like the professor should not be questioned.

quote author=Macphenson post=98295685]

You couldn't even state the reason yet you concluded.

Why did the DSS not tell him the reason for the interrogation?

Common sense is indeed not.common[/quote]
Re: Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling by lifenija: 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
SAMBARRY:
DSS wey be rat for bokoharam Na them go dey SHAkara decent citizens wey them never fit become
as in dey just b chasing unharm civilian acting like boss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Not Be Attending Wikes Inauguration Ceremony - Amaechi / Proposed Immunity For Senate President, Speaker Etal: Dead On Arrival (DOA) / Wike And Aregbesola's Funny Encounter At Governor's Forum Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.