Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! (2073 Views)

I Just Delivered My Ward / Omo!!!! U Need To See What Is Happening In My Ward !!!! / Why I Directed PDP Ward Leader To Tear My Membership Card - Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by TNUBU4LIFE: 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2011
I told the bigtime political scammers on nairaland that BB is so so unpopular in Lagos,SW and the whole south.A breif of what to expect(a terribly poor outing for BB party!) played out in my ward today!!No single 'vote' or voter went the oldman's way!!Yet people continue to delude themselves on nairaland.It was ACN all the way!!In fact,when words went round that AC is on the party,the ACN guys quickly embarked on suble voter education and u'll be schocked at the positive response for even a less significant election like the legislative election.

people dont even know the candidates,they are voting ACN all the way!!Nothing like splitting at all.
The most schocking part is nobody even canvassed for gej or his party!!

RIBADU WILL SHOCK THE POLITICAL SCAMMERS ON NAIRALAND COME 9TH APRIL.

VOTE RIBADU 2011
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by Genbuhari3: 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2011
Tinubu4life, u are as lousy as Ribadu himself. I am a BB supporter and I am voting ACN in lagos but CPC for president. You think the voters are not enlightened? 90percent of registered votes are not party members including me. Well april 9 is some days away and we will see your Ribadu's performance. Stop screaming and wait!
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by Wadeoye(m): 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2011
The above post by OJUYOBO4LIFE further confirms his low intellectual capability. You expect people to vote for CPC even where a CPC candidate is not contesting the election? Also, most of the people that will vote for BB are not traditional politician like most ACN fans. We vote for personality - I am voting for Fashola for gov and Buhari for president. Likewise thansounds of the other people that will vote on April 9.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by efisher(m): 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2011
ACN will give CPC a run for their votes. ACN has a better spread than CPC. ACN has better structures and has been on ground for a longer time. Them never know how far yet. When the results are out, I would like to see how the faces of BB will look.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:21pm On Apr 02, 2011
I shudder @ the extent you guys can go to distort facts on ground in Lagos,and I am begininig to doubt if you are truly in Lagos!

That Lagosians are truly enlightened and informed played out today(I live in an enlightened part of Lagos where most of the population is peopled by educated upwardly mobile young couples with  a fair representation of non-yoruba)and I made time to listen and observe the people coming to vote.Most of them made frank assesment of democracy so far but they[b] ALL FEEL SYMPATHETIC  AND OBLIGATED TO  VOTE ACN AND SOMEHOW FEEL THEY SHOULD REWARD ACN FOR THEIR PERFORMANCE IN LAGOS,SOME ARE VOTING ACN COS OF THEIR CHILDREN WHO ACTUALLY TOLD THEM TO VOTE ACN shocked shocked,SOME because THEY CRAVE A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP WITH THE POLITICAL LEADERSHIP IN THEIR LOCALITY AND TO THE FEW UNDECIDED THEY JUST VOTED ACN COS THEY THINK ACN IS A LESSER DEVIL!![/b]Now,why is this important?There is a very high chance that for as long as the sentiments continue to exist,then the same political sentiments will play out by next saturday!

I told you that if most of us in central cosmopolitan lagos dont even feel the effect of the BB campaign whereas a Fashola continues to use the various political platforms to sell Ribadu throughout the nooks and cranies of Lagos up to the hinterland of Ibeju-lekki,Badagry,Epe,Alimosho(where his deputy and Aregbesola holds the political ace) and like Oshiomhole,continue to tell us to vote ALL ACN CANDIDATES including those ACN people that will complement his effort in Aso-rock,Abuja
then you should know ur effort here on nairaland even as dubious as it is,is like a drop in an ocean!

This is exactly the case in most SW states cos they feel more sympathetic to ACN!!

That Lagos rejects BB is not unexpected,the Lagos voter is enlightened,he is very comfortable with what he has seen,tasted and beleive can work,we call it SHINE-YOUR-EYES WELL WELL!!Lagosians will never exchange a Fashola promise for a little known BB's dry promises.Even a sitting president is struggling to get the acceptance of Lagosians let alone a lack-lustre BB campaign machinery being promoted by mostly ill-educated,poorly-informed northern talakawas!!

Your pack of card of lies is crumbling before your eyes and you are agitated.If Ribadu would lose anyvote at all,it will likely be a GEJ that will pick it NOT EVEN BB!
You can only deceive people only once not all the time!!
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by seal777(m): 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2011
If you like scream till judgement day,i am in lagos,itire,surulere. I wil vote ACN xept presidency. BB 2011.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2011
The only thing I scream against is the dubious attempt to give a false impression that BB is popular in Lagos.At notime did I say he would get zero votes in Lagos afterall,there are some BB supporters in Lagos.
Even though I am not even sure you are in surulere-Lagos but I can assure you,BB would not even get up to 5% in surulere!!That is Fashola's constituency where he commands tremendous political following and by the time u get to Ojuelegba,that is Ade Dosumu's residential area,yet Dosumu would still have to struggle with any Fashola's candidate!!

THE SENTIMENTS THAT DICTATE MOST VOTES IN LAGOS ARE IN FAVOUR OF ACN!!

Maybe,if BB's party is known,the oldman may have a chance but right now,IT IS ALL OVER FOR BB IN LAGOS. grin grin

ONLY LAGOSIANS IN THE MINORITY AND WHO WANT TO WASTE THEIR VOTES WOULD VOTE THE LOSERS-GEJ,BB,OKOTIE,MOMODU etc.

APRIL 9 WILL BE RIBADU'S DAY OF GLORY.HOW THE EVENING WILL BE DEPENDS ON HOW THE MORNING IS,LAGOS HAS GIVEN IT TO RIBADU!!
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by seal777(m): 11:56pm On Apr 02, 2011
I laugh @ur analysis and dont need to argue wit u cos you seem to know where i reside more than me, Election day is around the corner and hope u will nt commit suicide if ur party eventually signs d alliance deal.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by tantayu(m): 12:06am On Apr 03, 2011
@TNUBU4LIFE
What is all this noise about. Why don't you stop this self delusion. Which Lagos are you talking about? Tuesday or Wednesday is not too long for us to see the result of the national assembly elections IF it takes place on Monday. ACN might win all the seats, but you just check the numbers. That will give you a good idea about how the other elections will turn out. Lagosians are willing to vote for Fashola and probably Gbajabiamila and Abike Dabiri, but you can't say the same about their willingness to vote for Ganiyu Solomon, Remi Tinubu, Gbenga Ashafa and the other candidates for the house of reps.

One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.
In simple english "The time for loud talk is not when a man is dressing up for war, but when he is taking off his armor after the war.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:10am On Apr 03, 2011
surulere will not vote against Fashola or any of his candidate.You cant be more surulere than a Fashola who GREW UP in surulere,had his primary school and secondary skl(Birchfreeman High skl) in surulere and still resident in surulere!!If you are actually resident in surulere,you would have known that that is Fashola's constituency!!It's one of the no-go area for even gej-a sitting president
I schooled in surulere and have cousins in Eric moore and forget it,surulere will never,never go BB!!

keep bringing all your lies,i will reap them apart one by one by one.Awon madaru afi eru gbeye(confusionists who use dubious means to get an edge in life)

vote ribadu,that is what everyone is doing in eko akete
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:21am On Apr 03, 2011
You just dont get it,people didnt even ask for the names of the candidates!!!All the 'votes' in my ward where these guys you just mentioned yet noone felt they 'voted' them personally,they felt obligated to reward fashola,they dont know these guys!!
Ganiyu solomon holds the ace in the whole of old mushin LGA while orelope,cardinal odumbakun,enoch ajibosho,orelope and rauf aregbesola hold the ace in the largest local govt in Lagos(Alimosho LGA) AND AGEGE LGA there is no strong contender against remi tinubu and gbenga ashafa.The bulk of the recent pdp decampees to acn are from ibeju-lekki,epe and Lagos central)

LAGOS HAS GIVEN IT TO RIBADU,IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE LAGOS,PLS VOTE RIBADU!!
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by EzeUche(m): 12:53am On Apr 03, 2011
I am loving this.  grin

Let Opposition Parties go at each other's throats.

I heard a Hausa man say that Lagos is CPC territory. Is that true my ACN brothers? grin
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by seal777(m): 1:12am On Apr 03, 2011
This guy is nt in tune with reality, hence why i choose to support personality rather than party.To my charging suprise,there is a great influx of supporters into Labour party here in itire for Durosinmi etti,for reasons i dont know.
I was against d nomination of Tinubus wife to the senate hence y i might nt vote for her, instead of having tru feel of voters, u re deluding urself to believin u guys re in control. I wil eventually vote all ACN candidates because of fashola yl presidency goes to Buhari.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by hannie: 1:53am On Apr 03, 2011
@TNUBU4LIFE cool
stop making noise and tell us who u are and who pays for ur airtime if sponsored . . . tongue

u cant be more ACN than some of us, but like my goodself I WONT VOTE FOR ANY PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE COS THEY ARE ALL ASSTARDS cool

U keep yapping about Remi Tinubu not having strong rivals, are u sick in the head or sumtin' ? undecided DUROSIMI ETTI is the biggest non - ACN contestant in Lagos State or what do u know abt Duro Etti?

wasnt he the pioneer coordinator of CONTINUITY group, the group that started BRF's 2nd term campaign ?

wasnt it when Duro Etti wasnt given the Senatorial seat that he defected to Labour Party or if he wast strong why was Asiwaju not interested in the adoption of BRF as their guber candidate but rather had been shouting himself hoarse that ACN has no dalliance with Labour ?

why was BRF made to address people that whoever votes for Labor party votes against him ?

I cringe when u mention touts like Etoo and Rauf that had been using the machinery of the 'Mandate' caucus to oil the wheels of Asiwaju's autocratic vehicles, how pathetic cry

Time will judge us all right or wrong pretty soon.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by seanet02: 2:23am On Apr 03, 2011
Even in my polling booth his party got "NIL" votes. He will fail woefully in the South i tell you.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by recoome(m): 2:36am On Apr 03, 2011
@TINUBU4LIFE: i live opposite alimosho LGA secretariat, in the street that houses first bank, in case u dnt know, all those pple u mentioned are only on paper, even the ACN(oduntan) & PDP(segun) candidates 4 house of assembly are in trouble, an igbo woman 4rm ANPP(uzoma) is currently blazing the trail, she has been going 2 churches & oda gathering which has high igbo presence and selling herself, many pple have already declared for her, including my mum, the ACN candidate is rather docile and has never presented herself 2 d public, what ACN is now doing is 2 put their flags on all the street lights, even ribadu is unknown here, the few pple that saw some of his posters that 'Nuhu' is contesting(they dnt know him as ribadu) as for BB, its just yesterday that some BB supporters started pasting BB posters, but by night, the ACN pple remove them, Most pple dont even know that BB is contesting, aregbesola & orelope are known only in the interior villages of ayobo/ipaja, except that the market at iyana-ipaja is named after aregbesola, also most of the northern okada men & tomato sellers have BB stickers, but they are nt registered 2 vote, when i went 2 ikotun market, i asked some pple who dey'll vote 4, most of them said they were in love with goodluck, when i asked their reasons, it was obviously silly reasons such as:he's humble, he's God sent, he's 4rm a poor home, he suffered when he was small, he has ph.d, he will win ! Lets live alimosho & go 2 amuwo-odofin(festac/satelite/trade-fair) these areas are seriously igbotic in nature as igbos constitute over 70% of the pop there, ribadu wil nt even get 20% votes there, what of ojo(alaba, okoko,volks,agric and environs) i dnt av 2 remind u dat these are GEJ/BB districts due 2 over-bearing igbo/hausa presence, coupled with fashola's poor showing in that area. Bottom line's that GEJ is more likely 2 win in lagos followed by ribadu, then BB.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by adino(m): 3:24am On Apr 03, 2011
@ seal777
There is a great influx of voters for Durosinmi etti of the labour party because he was one of the greatest backers of a cowardly Fashola, so Oga Tinubu refused him nomination and gave his wife the senate ticket. Do not forget that Sossan the deputy govenor and Mamora also lost their tickets because of their support for Fashola.
If only I reside in Lagos central, my vote will definitely go to labour party. Please, seal 777 vote for the LP guy, do not dash Tinubu an undeserved vote.
ACN has chosen to be an autocratic party just like the most feared and notorious PDP. Personally, I will vote for Ganiyu Solomon for senate (ACN), and LP or CPC for House of Rep (Faleke the ACN guy is a Thief), G.E.J for president, Fashola for Governor (I forgive the coward for refusing to decamp to LP Or any other party other than PDP) and LP or CPC for the House of Assembly.
My people, Fashola will either not perform this 2nd term or he will be impeached if he tries to perform, because all the candidates of ACN for L.A.H.A are tinubu stooges and Ass lickers. If you truly love Fashola and want him to perform then vote for Durosinmi etti of the labour party for Senate (I wish I were at Lagos central) and Labour Party for all house of Assembly positions. Since all of Fashola supporters that were denied ACN tickets ran to Labour Party for cover only for the cowardly Fashola to rebuke Lp in a public campaign as directed by his gods.
In this election, let us vote for candidates and not political parties since all the parties are just the same, let us join hands together and remove the most feared and notorious PDP and ten disgrace other politicians who think they are godfathers.
In as much as I hate PDP, my vote is on G.E.J since Ribadu is a farce and BB though okay but will lose the election as the G.E.J vision is unstoppable.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by karlmax2: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2011
I stay in eti osa and here is map in my area according to people I interviewed
Goodluck jonathan some people actually registered to vote him and vote out tinubus godfatherism am happy people now reason and not to vote for party but individual who have great vision for nigeria.governor people are voting uncle fash in the state and national assembly will be shared by the parties ACNwill lose their a lot of their sit
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by Genbuhari3: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2011
This Tnubu4life just reminds me of Ribadu, lousy men screaming all over the place! No need typing an epistle to dispute your rantings
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by Jarus(m): 9:12am On Apr 03, 2011
If Ribadu gets half of Buhari's vote on April, I will resign as NL mod. Even a more popular, heavily moneyed AC candidate Atiku did not get half of Buhari's vote in 2007. No disrespect to Ribadu(I am also his fan) but whoever thinks he stands a chance in this election must have been sleeping for 3 months and just woke up.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by Maicash: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2011
What i dont understand is why Ribadu supporters focus on discrediting Buhari? Is this why they sabotaged the alliance between opposition, it may now be through that they are indeed working for PDP to sabotage Buharis chances, Buhari is not the president you want to send out of office so instead of spending time campaigning to get PDP out they are all around insulting Buhari with fake threads and allegations
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by efisher(m): 9:42am On Apr 03, 2011
Jarus:

If Ribadu gets half of Buhari's vote on April, I will resign as NL mod. Even a more popular, heavily moneyed AC candidate Atiku did not get half of Buhari's vote in 2007. No disrespect to Ribadu(I am also his fan) but whoever thinks he stands a chance in this election must have been sleeping for 3 months and just woke up.

Get Ready To Resign. I hereby nominate becomrich as your replacement.  grin grin grin
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by seal777(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2011
Let them try the much they can,if u guys have right to hate PDP bt stil voting GEJ, i now see reason to hate TINUBU bt wil stil vote his wife for senate: ,it makes sense huh?.Irrespective of my reservation,comments on this thread has erased tinubus hatred in my mind,all my votes for ACN bt presidency for BB. Shikenna.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by recoome(m): 10:06am On Apr 03, 2011
Bottom line, Ribadu will fail woefully in this election, even in the SW, the name 'GOODLUCK JONATHAN' is winning elections for many PDP SW politicians, the name 'Goodluck' reverbrates in the pple's ear and sends them into a state of euphoria, why d u tink PPN quickly adopted GEJ? In the SS/SE, Why d u tink all d parties adopted GEJ? Becos any body using that name 2 campaign is a winner. Even Ngige(ACN) was fighting over GEJ's endorsement, Olurin & isiaka are now d front-runners in ogun becos of 'GOODLUCK', Agagu & bode are using the name without reprieve, Akala's second name is now 'GOODLUCK' why d u think that Mimiko refused 2 endorse ribadu, even though he knew that he wld incur tinubu's anger? Becos he knew that going against GEJ would affect his candidates esp in ondo south(where ijaws are prominent), why d u think fashola has never said 'don't vote 4 Goodluck' even in edo, oshiomhole dares not say 'don't vote 4 Goodluck' even in the NC, GEJ is the candidate 2 beat.the ealier u realise that GEJ is in control, the better for u!!
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by Wadeoye(m): 10:28am On Apr 03, 2011
@recoome, Goodluck name wining election where? In Bayesa or SW? Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by recoome(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2011
@wadeoye: i know u have an interest here, it may nt work 4 u, but it's working 4 millions of voters and all i can tell u is dat YOU'LL BE SHOCKED! GEJ is the most accepted candidate in the SW!
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by recoome(m): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2011
@wadeoye: i know u have an interest here, it may nt work 4 u, but it's working 4 millions of voters and all i can tell u is dat YOU'LL BE SHOCKED! GEJ is the most accepted candidate in the SW!
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by recoome(m): 10:42am On Apr 03, 2011
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by Wadeoye(m): 10:51am On Apr 03, 2011
Most acceptable where? - He will get the least votes in SW. Note it down and read the below.

By Dele Sobowale - from a Yoruba writer. I have not seen any journalist from SW writing in favor of either PDP or Jonathan.
“Once to every man and woman comes the moment to decide, in the strife of truth with falsehood, for the good or evil side.”
James Russell Lowell, 1819-1891.
(VANGUARD BOOK OF QUOTATIONS, p.254).

“0805-020-8987″

“My last born is now 19 years old. He has just told me he will vote, but wants to know who to vote for. I said I thought Jonathan is a wimp. Buhari is arrogant, aloof and ignorant of his rigid wicked selectivity. Ribadu is a deluded megalomaniac. He basks in the power and privilege of his lineage and former office. Okotie is as pretentious now in his pronouncement as he was as a singer! So, brother, how do we help our son pick a candidate to give his vote? Give him a name please, not a guideline. He needs a voice to follow at this age. You are it! He believes in you!”

By August of this year, it will be 17 years since I first appeared on this page. It all seems like yesterday. In all those years, I have never received a text message which touched me so much because none had challenged me so profoundly as the one above. To be quite candid, my heart raced suddenly. As a father and grandfather myself, my youngest daughter will be 16 in November, and the grandchildren are multiplying.

Reading that text over and over again, I suddenly realised that I have acquired a son, even if I don’t know him yet. But, that does not matter now. What the sender has asked me to do is to give the same answer to “our son”, and I heartily claim him, as I would give to all my own kids. That is a great challenge; but a reasonable one. After all, my children and grandchildren, as well as all of my readers, God willing, will live in the Nigeria which the candidate of my choice will create – if he wins the elections. We are co-travellers in the statecraft named NIGERIA. The consequences of our choice on election day will be felt by all –including the winner himself and his family (eg. power failure).

Although, I was enjoined not to give guidelines, I will plead for understanding, if that instruction is not strictly followed. And, I hope when this is over, all my readers, whether they agree with my choice or not, will understand the decision rules, or guidelines, I followed in reaching the decision. At all times I am guided by principles –right or wrong.

Months before the candidates for the leading parties emerged, I conducted a survey to determine the issues Nigerians felt were the most important. Time and space do not permit me to render the full report.

But, by a wide margin, 38 per cent, corruption came first. Security came second at 23 per cent; power supply and jobs were neck and neck, in third position. Personally, I would have placed security first; but a honest researcher does not cheat on the outcome of a survey. Thereafter, it was a matter of waiting for the candidates to emerge to determine who, in my view, is best placed to tackle the issues Nigerians felt were important to them. This is very important; I don’t depend on my intuitions alone.

I also added one personal, and, therefore, subjective, condition for myself when the time came for selection. I will not vote for any PDP candidate, irrespective of who or where he/she comes from. Twelve years and N30 trillion have gone down the drain in Nigeria under PDP; it is time for a radical change. The party is totally corrupt. So, those who have attempted to make mileage out of my “hatred” for Jonathan are deluding themselves. Alhaji Atiku is a friend; but even he would not have received my vote if he is the PDP candidate. I know the Turaki will understand.

I was, and still am, willing to forgive any other short-coming, but not involvement in and association with a corrupt party. And, the reason is simple. Out of the almost N30 trillion which passed through PDP hands in 12 years, close to N10 trillion cannot be accounted for and the remaining N20 trillion had been squandered.

These people from the Executive to the legislature and even their appointees in the judiciary have openly robbed us without remorse (see the Bode George judgment and reception). More to the point, Jonathan had been part of it; from Bayelsa to Abuja. And, he has succumbed to Obasanjo – who has presided over the most corrupt government in Nigeria’s history – including Abacha’s regime. Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are. Nobody who has made himself a stooge of Obasanjo will ever receive my vote –even if he is my twin-brother.

I am running out of time and space; so, let me fast-forward this piece though I will like my son and other people to understand fully the basis of choice. As the text made clear, each of the candidates, mentioned, and even those ignored, has weaknesses. We need not allow arguments about the characterisation of each candidate to delay us here. The very valid point the sender is making is simple – there is no ideal candidate; no angels among them.

To adopt the language of one of my real professions, not journalism but marketing, there is no perfect brand. Selection among various brands (read candidates) is often based on need segmentation. Each consumer comes to the market (read polling booth) with a basket of needs, and under ideal circumstances (i.e. no intimidation, bribery etc), selects the candidate who will best fulfill many of those needs. Sometimes we get it wrong or are deceived by promises. But rational people should focus on their needs. Otherwise we get trapped in the sentiments of tribe, religion, party, etc.

So, given that caveat, let me start with my candidate’s faults as I perceive them. I totally agree with the text message that Gen. Buhari is aloof and sometimes arrogant. He is also disciplined to the point of rigidity. His commitment to a multi-religious and multi-ethnic society such as Nigeria is suspect.

But, he has some achievements to his credit which temper my fears in that regard. He also has the baggage of his military past to carry and perhaps, he needs to convince Nigerians more, including me that he can shed the excess. I can go on listing seriatim all his faults real or imagined. So, in making this choice, I am taking a risk – but a calculated one. Calculated because I also know that lined against Gen. Buhari’s faults are the positive attributes (honesty, self-discipline and patriotism) that Nigeria needs at this time.

In short, I have made him my choice because he is the man whose time has come. If corruption is our number one problem, and even Obasanjo said that in the interview he granted to CNN in 1999, then the man to start the process of reparation of our stolen wealth and who can immediately halt more malfeasance is Buhari. Jonathan and Ribadu at the Federal level and Shekarau at the state level have not fully given the accounts of their stewardships. The accounts of the Federal Government, including EFCC, and the states, including Kano, had not been audited since 1999. A lot more had been stolen than we know about.

And, we need the reparation, not loans to develop. Only a candidate who was not a part of the kleptomania can unravel what happened in 12 years and retrieve our money. Buhari is the man. And rest assured, if he derails, my pen like a Gatling gun is ever-ready to shoot him down and tell him where to go. There is more to say, but space and time demand I stop here. And, there will be no ill-feelings towards my son if the advice is not taken. I can make mistakes too!
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by switch47(m): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2011
At the end of all this drama Goodluck Jonathan of PDP will win. Buhari will go to court & lose again & you guys will still continue to rant at every road side corner,argue at newspaper vendor's stand & online forums as the ranting masses. GOODLUCK 2011 for sure!!
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by efisher(m): 11:40am On Apr 03, 2011
^ Good conclusion.
Re: While Bb Fans Delude Themselves,no Single Person 'voted' Bb Party In My Ward! by OmoTier1(m): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2011
switch47:

At the end of all this drama Goodluck Jonathan of PDP will win. Buhari will go to court & lose again & you guys will still continue to rant at every road side corner,argue at newspaper vendor's stand & online forums as the ranting masses. GOODLUCK 2011 for sure!!

I WAS FORMERLY A SUPPORTER OF  GEJ (THOUGH NOT A PDP - HATE 'EM WITH A PASSION) BUT NOW I THROW MY HAT OFF FOR fi see fi cheesy(CPC) though not a member but I would vote BB for Integrity. A vote for GEJ is a vote for corruption, ineptitude and looting as usual style of governance.

By the way, I am already on ground in Nigeria, voting life and direct,  was there yesterday got dissapointed it was postponed till monday. Polling unit was peaceful, no shouting, no PDP gra gra! But no single INEC sign was on the walls and generally everything was okay! Hope monday holds the same or even better. For National Assembly, it's ACN all the way but for presidency it BB all the way!

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / Northern Leaders Plot Secret Coup Against Jonathan / A Nairalander's Mum With OBJ.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.