Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,627 members, 7,823,761 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Catholic Brethrens Assist Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Brethrens Assist Me (541 Views)

. / The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Brethrens Assist Me by chidikus: 9:13am On Apr 03, 2011
P[b]ls my fellow catholic brothers help me ,How many time is an offertory in church suppose to be ,i have to walk out of church today and from my wife cos the whole scenario was irritating me,i dont see any diffrence between the catholic church and the pentecostal churches now adays in their quest for money,i love the doctrin e but the way they rush money now tire me,the first offertory was done ,and the second one and third and first one no sprinking of holy water ,the holy water was used in second and third,wat kind of stragedy is that,the whole thing with the cathloic church is gettin me mad.

Whwn i was small during time for offertory,a basket is passed through u and u drop ur money but now why must one be obliged to stand up and pass infront of the whole congregation,which sometimes some pple stand up cos of shame.

Pls let the catholic take note collections are good but it is not the collections dat will save us,[/b]
Re: Catholic Brethrens Assist Me by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2011
Is your parish still under construction?

OR

Does your parish have many out-stations that it is developing/supporting?

OR

Does your parish run another apostolate (eg old people's home, soup-kitchen, disabled people's home,orphanage etc)?

OR

All of the above?
Re: Catholic Brethrens Assist Me by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 05, 2011
Dear brother, focus on the purpose u went to church. Dont be distracted nor disturbed by the multiple offerings. Give the offerings ur heart permits. Pray for proper administration of mass service in ur church and for the priest. Dont give offerings because u simply want to identify with others who do so then its obvious that u are acting like an hypocrite that worship God with wrong motive. If u cant bear the shame of sitting down during offertory time mainly as a result of no money for offering, simply leave the service then resume after offertory. God bless u as u remain a faithful catholic.

(1) (Reply)

A Jewish Rabbi Rejects Allah Is God And Accepts Messiah Jesus / Killing In The Name Religion? / Be Concerned About The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.