Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) (2353 Views)

My Husband Hired Agbero To Beat Me After 8 Months Into Marriage – Woman Laments / Man Laments As Best Friend Sleeping With His Wife Breaks His Bed (Video) / Woman Cries As Husband Surprises Her On Her Birthday With IPhone, Money In Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Brika: 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
A manager at Sterling Bank, Rumuola Branch, Port Harcourt, Anthony Oko Ikpor, has secretly married a lady he was secretly dating and later impregnated despite being married for 17 years, Igbere TV reports.

It was gathered that the lady Anthony Oko Ikpor impregnated and secretly married is a sister to ex- staff to Sterling bank Easter Igbokwe who the bank relieved her duty as a contract staff in his bank.

Narrating the ugly incident to newsmen in Port Harcourt recently, Mrs Blessing Oko Ikpor, who has been married to Anthony since 2004, said she started life with him when they had nothing, adding that they were living in a boys quarter apartment.

Blessing, a graduate who hails from Owerri West, Imo State, said the marriage is blessed with four children, three boys and one girl. She however said it was when she had her third child that her husband stopped her from working and asked her to concentrate on taking care of their children.

According to her, they were living happily until her husband, Anthony, who hails from Afikpo, Ebonyi State, was promoted to the position of manager in charge of Rumuola branch of Sterling Bank.

Blessing, who said she did traditional, court and white wedding with Anthony, narrated that her husband, after his promotion to the position of manager, started living an opulent and wayward life style abandoning his Christian faith and quitting his position in the Church, this made her wonder where he was getting all the money he was lavishing on his sudden flirtatious lifestyle.

She said she didn't know he was having an illicit secret affair until he pushed her out of their matrimonial home to pave way for his lover to enter.
"We were together until he was promoted to a bank manager.

Now he feels he has money to play around. He pushed me out of my matrimonial home," she lamented.

According to her, the lady Anthony impregnated, Tessy Igbokwe, just finished a tailoring skill, hailed from Eluama Amabo, Uzoakoli in Abia State.

On the reason why she stormed the venue of the secret wedding venue between Anthony and Tessy Igbokwe (Bishop Anthony Nnedo Pastoral Conference Center) BANPAC HOTEL Umuahia, Abia State, Mrs Blessing said She did so because she is still legally married to Anthony Ikpo and they are not divorced.

She also said the last discussion Anthony Ikpo had with Her family is that he ( Anthony) will reach them when he decides on what he wants to do

According to his aggrieved wife, Blessing, she said; “I took my daughter to prime Hospital for medical attention before I returned my husband have changed all our house keys getting to the house I found out that he have locked us out of our home without no reason with different padlock, I and my daughter have to look for a place to rest our head, his next actions, he moved our three boys from Port Harcourt school to Ogun State and denied me access to our children by writing to the school which the School has heeded to.

“Anthony Oko Ikpor abandoned our house we built at rumuomoi rumuigbo behind small market, and rented a duplex at mumy B link Road off GRA junction were both of them are cohabiting by denting the integrity of his Bank.”

She called on Sterling Bank, Afikpo people, FIDA and Anthony's friends to call Anthony Oko Ikpor, whom she said is now going about telling lies against her to cover up his misbehaviour, to order.

https://igberetvnews.com/1380021/woman-laments-husband-17-years-impregnates-weds-ex-staffs-sister/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by dumahi(m): 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
Igbere again. Why always Igbere? They seem to be in every street corner.

Well, if this story is true, this man Anthony is clearly under the influence of something stronger than him. Only time will reveal the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Righteousness2(m): 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
What on Earth will satisfy a Man?

You Abadon a woman who started from the Scratch with you and you intend to Live well?
It will End in Premium Tears.

Mr. Anthony, I Admonish you to go back to your Orginal wife and Children and Make Peace..

No woman can be there for you like your Orginal wife that stood with you from the Scratch.
Any other woman is a Delilah.

1 Like

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Fahdiga(m): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
All shade of wrong but I hope the woman is innocent. Some women can unconsciously push their husbands off but will be wailing like as if they are innocent

3 Likes

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by mariahAngel(f): 3:37pm On Jan 22, 2021
Money brings out the true nature of a man.
Even a man does not know what he is capable of until he has money.

Better a rich arrogant man than a poor humble man, but a God-fearing man is the ultimate!

Now I understand better the statement Kristin Cavallari made when she told her husband face to face "I'm not with you because I need you, I'm with you because I love you"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
A man has the right to marry any number of women, as long as he can provide for their upkeep. Where he went wrong was the secrecy. He should have made his intentions known.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by bukatyne(f): 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
Another Bank Manager.

To think their slogan is 'your one-customer bank'.

This manager obviously did not follow their slogan grin

On a serious note, the wife might be better off with a divorce and damages paid.

No respect for his in-laws, denying the mother access to the boys etc. The man is getting desperate to marry Tessy and might harm the wife.

Sad.
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by mariahAngel(f): 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
A man has the right to marry any number of women, as long as he can provide for their upkeep. Where he went wrong was the secrecy. He should have made his intentions known.

Rather, he should've made his intention of taking a second wife in the future known (men with that ambition always know) to his wife before he proposed to and married her. It would've given her the chance to make the decision to either marry him or move on.
This is not what she signed up for.
This is more like a fraud. Like cheating.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by LadySarah: 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
grin
Fear men.
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Klass99(f): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
smiley
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

Rather, he should've made his intention of taking a second wife in the future known to his wife before he proposed to and married her. It would've given her the chance to make the decision to either marry him or move on.
This is not what she signed up for.
This is more like a scam. Like cheating.

Obviously, every woman should understand that the option is always on the table by default. It's like a man having to tell a prospective wife in advance that he expects to have sex and children with her after marriage, otherwise, if it comes up later and he demands sex subsequently, then he's cheating her because he didn't pre-inform her. Where are we heading to in this world?

If she does not want her husband to take a second wife, then she is the one who should make it clear before marriage, though I don't see why any suitor should accept such a clause.
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by goodmorning40: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Bank manager again
Time to run from bank managers
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Mandela27: 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Bro say no more.The future is polygamy.

1 Like

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by RedRay(f): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
shocked
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Mandela27: 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
LadySarah:
grin Fear men.
For what reason exactly? For being secretive or for impregnating another woman?
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by mariahAngel(f): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Obviously, every woman should understand that the option is always on the table by default. It's like a man having to tell a prospective wife in advance that he expects to have sex and children with her after marriage, otherwise, if it comes up later and he demands sex subsequently, then he's cheating her because he didn't pre-inform her. Where are we heading to in this world?

If she does not want her husband to take a second wife, then she is the one who should make it clear before marriage, though I don't see why any suitor should accept such a clause.

Dude! You have got to be kidding me!
Chai! Umu nwaanyi a hushiela anya!

3 Likes

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
Mandela27:

True. When I was explaining to some people about how necessary polygamy is recently, a contractor working on our land told me he has had a secret second wife for almost twenty years, but he can't tell his first wife whom he says is childless. He has two children 15 and 12 from the second wife. I said he has a duty to be honest and tell her, but he insists that the first wife mustn't know because he's a pastor in his church and she'll tell his congregation. It is this kind of destructive behaviour that leads to tragedy in the end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Mandela27: 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

True. When I was explaining to some people about how necessary polygamy is recently, a contractor working on our land told me he has had a secret second wife for almost twenty years, but he can't tell his first wife whom he says is childless. He has two children 15 and 12 from the second wife. I said he has a duty to be honest and tell her, but he insists that the first wife mustn't know because he's a pastor in his church and she'll tell his congregation. It is this kind of destructive behaviour that leads to tragedy in the end.
Damn.he should just ball up and tell his wife whatsup.
This time I can't hide my intentions,I do what pleases me with no atom of regrets.i intend having a large family,so I'm going to marry three wives....

2 Likes

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by thorpido(m): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
Some men sabi misbehave especially when money don dey.
RisenPhoenix1:

This one is just fooling himself.He'll be the one to lose at the end,either while he's alive or when he departs this world.

1 Like

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

Dude! You have got to be kidding me!
Chai! Umu nwaanyi a hushiela anya!

You're the one trying to normalise a custom alien to our culture...monogamy.

And to think you're Igbo. Smh. What does Igbo culture say of men who keep hiding behind the wrapper of just one wife? The Igbo culture of polygamy is well known historically, and a proud custom; at least when men were men and women were women.
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
Mandela27:
This time I can't hide my intentions,I do what pleases me with no atom of regrets.i intend having a large family,so I'm going to marry three wives....

He's probably thinking of the loss of his congregation or something. One more reason why one should make his standards clear from the beginning.

@bolded. That's the spirit. Just make sure you can provide for them. And keep them apart so they won't give you headache.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by mariahAngel(f): 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

You're the one trying to normalise a custom alien to our culture...monogamy.

And to think you're Igbo. Smh. What does Igbo culture say of men who keep hiding behind the wrapper of just one wife? The Igbo culture of polygamy is well known historically, and a proud custom; at least when men were men and women were women.

I'm not against people who believe in polygamy. It is not alien to me.
What I am against is cheating. If you believe in polygamy, make it known from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

I'm not against people who believe in polygamy. It is not alien to me.
What I am against is cheating. If you believe in polygamy, make it known from the beginning.

So what are you arguing about? Isn't that what I said? That he should have told her before marrying second wife, just to make sure all is open and there is no conflict over inheritance later?
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by bukatyne(f): 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
Mandela27:

@bold:

No more female?

Or is the future female and polygamy? grin
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
thorpido:
Some men sabi misbehave especially when money don dey.
This one is just fooling himself.He'll be the one to lose at the end,either while he's alive or when he departs this world.

But looking at it from his point of view, what option did he have? He wanted children and his wife was barren. Divorce is a no go area for a pastor. Polygamy is a no go area for a pastor. Do you want him to die childless? I could identify with his feelings. The only point I disagreed with was the secrecy, but then again, he might have lost the income from his church, so that too is understandable. Sometimes, we tend to push off dealing with a problem until it magnifies beyond our control.
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by mariahAngel(f): 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

So what are you arguing about? Isn't that what I said? That he should have told her before marrying second wife, just to make sure all is open and there is no conflict over inheritance later?

When I say from the start, I mean from the very beginning.
Give her the chance to make a choice whether or not she can be in polygamous family. Don't trick and force her into it.
Personally, I can't stand being in a polygamous family.

1 Like

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by thorpido(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

But looking at it from his point of view, what option did he have? He wanted children and his wife was barren. Divorce is a no go area for a pastor. Polygamy is a no go area for a pastor. Do you want him to die childless? I could identify with his feelings. The only point I disagreed with was the secrecy, but then again, he might have lost the income from his church, so that too is understandable. Sometimes, we tend to push off dealing with a problem until it magnifies beyond our control.
Being a husband and a pastor are two key positions you have to maintain or else you are a fraud.
If as a couple there is a challenge to bear children,you either wait it out in prayer or adopt a child.If he won't do that then he can divorce the wife and marry another.
His position as a pastor makes him a fraud because he's not living true to his position.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by mariahAngel(f): 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

What about in this case of Mr Anthony? What would you say was his excuse?
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

When I say from the start, I mean from the very beginning.
Give her the chance to make a choice whether or not she can be in polygamous family. Don't trick and force her into it.
Personally, I can't stand being in a polygamous family.

Oh, I see. But I say that she should have known that polygamy is part of our culture and if she wishes to deny it, she should have made it clear from the beginning that she doesn't want a rival wife.

Though, I would tend to think that no woman would say that outright, since they'll be afraid that no suitor would end up marrying them.
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by njele: 4:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
Mandela27:

I already have three, one man one woman make these women to misbehave, they don't like to be treated with love and respect

1 Like

Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

What about in this case of Mr Anthony? What would you say was his excuse?

Who knows? Not enough sex and tired of begging for a taste of an old wife who imagines she still needs toasting each time? A stoidly mannered woman who's boring and vacuous and has no witty conversation to contribute? Lack of excitement? Just a change of taste? More children? A man can marry as many as he wants, no need for excuses. It's his money he's spending after all.
Re: Woman Laments As Husband Of 17 Years Impregnates, Weds Ex- Staff's Sister (Pix) by Bola146(f): 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
Just fear some wicked men sad Devil is still training from them undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help With The New Fridge I Bought Yesterday / “I Bid You Farewell….” By Late Mrs.omodolapo Yetunde Olotu-jagha(1971-2013) / If Your 16 Years Old Daughter Got Impregnated, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.