Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

-man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun (4023 Views)

INEC Official Caught On Tape Thumb Printing Thousands Of Ballot Papers In Delta / Woman Arrested For Stuffing Food Cooler With Ballot Papers In Abia / Photos: INEC Official Caught With Thumb-Printed Ballot Papers In Ajeromi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

-man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by oluwabamis(m): 10:58am On Apr 03, 2011
http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/3571-man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun-?tmpl=component&print=1&page=

Man arrested with ballot papers in Osun
| Print |
Sunday, 03 April 2011

A man was arrested by soldiers in Odo Otin Local Government area of Osun State yesterday with five booklets of ballot papers.

The man, who claimed to be an INEC official, could not disclose the unit he was assigned to.

Osun State PDP has called for a thorough investigation of the arrest of the middle-aged man.

A statement issued by the party's chairman, Otunba Sunday Ojo Williams, said the arrest of the man confirmed the PDP's position that the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state was working for the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

He said it was suspected that many of such illegal allocation of ballot papers had been done across the state.

The PDP boss commended the security agencies who arrested the man and also called for the fishing out of all those involved in the scandal.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by seanet02: 11:03am On Apr 03, 2011
I suspect he is a PDP member. The PDP chairman can not be trusted.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by snowdrops(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2011
the same ballot papers that is yet to arrive the country angry angry angry
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by mamagee3(f): 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2011
snowdrops:

It's called election rigging. . . grin

It has always been part of Nigeria's election.

If you doubt me, ask Obasanjo how he won the election and became president? grin grin
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by MeGaStReEt: 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2011
joke of a country
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by erico2k2(m): 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2011
lol Fools,was he going to sell it?,Now with this new finger printing Data base registration, stealing ov votters card is like stealing  chipped ATM cards without the PIN codes.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by Allta(m): 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2011
lol, this is like a drop in one big mighty ocean of riggers. Only less than 48hrs abi? Wait until its 7 days.

God, please direct our noble cause and guide our leaders right.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by erico2k2(m): 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2011
lol, there is trouble with this new system, politicians dont know what to espect lol
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by dboyfams: 11:22pm On Apr 03, 2011
the pdp state chairman shud reconsider his statement considerin d local govrnmnt refrd 2 bein d former governor's. 4rm wat I Learnt in 2007 polls, I Think it easier 2 rig in areas wia u av more supportas. I think dt leaves d major suspect 2 b our dear former gov. PDP shud jst get this in2 their head dt they a d loser and dey cnt get dt state 4 themselve unda d name pdp
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by ciaoikana(m): 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2011
hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm this man don Bleep up, see what i told him to hold well in fact am traveling this 9t!
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by ifyalways(f): 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2011
Where did he get the papers?
From Japan?
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by erico2k2(m): 12:02am On Apr 04, 2011
The si mple matter is that PDP found it xtreemly dificult to rig and they need to device new means to rig hence the postponment lol,9ja for life, we dey wait shocked
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by fxtopedia(m): 12:37am On Apr 04, 2011
I see PDP in their usual do or die affairs, GOD punish them jo
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by wiseman2011(m): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2011
cool In respect of who the man is working for, hence he cought he should made to face full wrath of the law. He should not go free.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by fxtopedia(m): 8:52am On Apr 04, 2011
wiseman2011:

cool In respect of who the man is working for, hence he cought he should made to face full wrath of the law. He should not go free.

You are right my brother, but with PDP in power, I don't see that happening.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by eghost247(m): 9:18am On Apr 04, 2011
Only in nigeria
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by mixoull(m): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2011
ojojumo NA JE RE YA
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by ideylaff: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2011
ojojumo NA JE RE YA

hmmmm dats a Dagrin line, NIGERIA ojo jumo lan ji ri ya, (everyday we wake up to suffer and Pain),

he said it all . R.I.P
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by mrjingles(m): 11:03am On Apr 04, 2011
snowdrops:

Stop spreading rumors, ballot papers have arrived. Elections were postponed because the RESULT SHEETS only arrived the country on Saturday morning (without result sheets there is no legal proof that elections are valid) . So as at now ALL documents are on ground.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by beeman80: 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2011
Was the box under his bed,in his car trunk or kitchen? grin
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by Exponental(m): 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
People Desperate Party, Tuale!! I hale una!!!
Dat seat is gone out of ur hands.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by wunmilyn(f): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
Na niaja na, no bi Today e don tay, angry
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by skfa1: 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
Na wah o and dem expect make naija better
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by LordElNou: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2011
you all point accusing fingers at PDP. According to a source (an anti-PDP) the man works for the ACN. A "disgrace to the opposition parties" this source calls him in anger!
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by MrInfo1(m): 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2011
okuku oyinlola's home town were he is currently contesting to go for senate obviously the guy wants the election in osun state to be post poned. . . pdp definitely have hand in this
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by babaowo: 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
thou shall not be tool in d hand of politician proverb june verse 12 in naija bible lol,naija n drama.nigeria keep on acting i love ur movie cos its can never end lol many part to come soon.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by juman(m): 1:27am On Apr 05, 2011
Osun State for ACN.

Vote ACN: people of Osun State for progress.
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by race123: 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2011
From where do u get this kind of information

Song Discussion | Movies Discussion
Re: -man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun by palma(f): 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2011
oluwabamis:

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/3571-man-arrested-with-ballot-papers-in-osun-?tmpl=component&print=1&page=

Man arrested with ballot papers in Osun
| Print |
Sunday, 03 April 2011

A man was arrested by soldiers in Odo Otin Local Government area of Osun State yesterday with five booklets of ballot papers.

The man, who claimed to be an INEC official, could not disclose the unit he was assigned to.

Osun State PDP has called for a thorough investigation of the arrest of the middle-aged man.

A statement issued by the party's chairman, Otunba Sunday Ojo Williams, said the arrest of the man confirmed the PDP's position that the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state was working for the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

He said it was suspected that many of such illegal allocation of ballot papers had been done across the state.

The PDP boss commended the security agencies who arrested the man and also called for the fishing out of all those involved in the scandal.

The simple qusetion is this, Why is PDP so fast to blame ACN? Something is fishy in that arrest.

(1) (Reply)

NNPC Should Be Scrapped - Olisa Agbakoba / Judge Threatens To Dismiss Terrorism Case Against Sen. Ndume / What Clinton Told Me About BUHARI - OBJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.