Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,969 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Professor Witch: My Forgettable Experience With 2019 Conference - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Witch: My Forgettable Experience With 2019 Conference (234 Views)

WAEC: May/june WASSCE Begins Monday Amid Expected Clash With 2019 UTME / WAEC: May/june WASSCE Begins Monday Amid Expected Clash With 2019 UTME / UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Professor Witch: My Forgettable Experience With 2019 Conference by Uchbanny(f): 8:48am On Jan 23, 2021
A certain professor, Egodi Uchendu, came into national consciousness and reckoning precisely on 19th April, 2019. On that day, she announced to the world of the hosting of a world conference of witchcraft at the grounds of the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

Professor Uchendu, a professor of History, is also the director of the Centre for Policy Studies and Research as well as the leader of African Humanities Research and Development Circle (AHRDC), a UNN-based research group.

In an interview with this reporter, she went down memory lane on the controversy that greeted the witchcraft conference. According to the erudite don, the conference was necessary for us to "academically interrogate the concept of witchcraft and our assumptions about it''.

It can be recalled that all hell broke loose in November, 2019, due to harsh and uninformed opposition to the conference. But the conference eventually held as scheduled.

She maintained that if the need arises, she will still organise similar conferences and was of the opinion that our educational system is backward and needs revamping.

When asked if she has any regrets over the controversial conference, she emphatically said know as she is perfectly alright and is no witch.

Re: Professor Witch: My Forgettable Experience With 2019 Conference by InfernoNig: 9:07am On Jan 23, 2021
In other words, there are professional witches and wizards in Nigeria. Na wa ooo.

(1) (Reply)

Are These The Best Plagiarism Removing Tips? / Unilag Server Crashes / PRINCE2 |prince2 Training Center In Port Harcourt, Lagos, Abuja, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.