Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? (1927 Views)

2003 Toyota Camry LE V6 (A Month Used) Available @1.8m Only / Toks 2011 Toyota Venza (V6) @ A Giveaway Price 4.5M / Toyota Camry V6 A Month Used. 08062499398, 08082786748 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by ZaddyJamal: 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2021
Please guys I've been hearing alot of naysays about V6 engines. What are the major downsides to using a Camry 2005 with V6 engine please?

I'm a novice in auto discussions please but I'm looking to get my first car hopefully soon.

cc: Gazzuzz, Radautoworks

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2021
ZaddyJamal:
Please guys I've been hearing alot of naysays about V6 engines. What are the major downsides to using a Camry 2005 with V6 engine please?

I'm a novice in auto discussions please but I'm looking to get my first car hopefully soon.

cc: Gazzuzz, Radautoworks

Poor resale value , poor fuel economy. Weight of the engine makes the front suspension more prone to natural wear and tear.

Upside is it is never stolen

9 Likes

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by zoogy2007: 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Poor resale value , poor fuel economy. Weight of the engine makes the front suspension more prone to natural wear and tear.

Hmm... I just hope you are advising from experience.
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by xristos(m): 11:42pm On Jan 23, 2021
bro...v6 modela is d best thing done to those big daddy camrys....get it n change what needs to be changed...
no regrets..smart n elegant ...super silent.
economynis d same as 4 cyl.
from experience

2 Likes

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by themonk(m): 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2021
zoogy2007:

Hmm... I just hope you are advising from experience.
Lmao, have you ever heard of MsV(Master of Vehicles)?
That guy has 13 MsV certificates. Listen when he talks.

Everybody on the auto and car section knows GAZZUZZ.

4 Likes

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by greggng: 12:21am On Jan 24, 2021
Quote me anytime ...others are afraid of telling you this truth but I am not . V6 is the best engine for car ....forget about those ignorantly telling u it consumes fuel ...yes it only does that when your catalyst has been stolen ....those using 4plug would 've changed engine several times and your v6 kept going forever ....I have told you the best secret kept by auto sellers

11 Likes

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by zuraking(m): 6:21am On Jan 24, 2021
greggng:
Quote me anytime ...others are afraid of telling you this truth but I am not . V6 is the best engine for car ....forget about those ignorantly telling u it consumes fuel ...yes it only does that when your catalyst has been stolen ....those using 4plug would 've changed engine several times and your v6 kept going forever ....I have told you the best secret kept by auto sellers
you no lie bro. I bought a Nigeria used V6 Camry and used the car for over 2 years without single repair on engine. V6 engines last more than 4plug
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by seunoj: 7:11am On Jan 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Op
This is the truth. Follow this man’s advice.
Mech is different from car dealer
V6 is cheaper to acquire than 4plugs and the reverse is the case when u want to sell.
Yes v6 last longer but na one car u wan use forever? 4plug no Dey spoil except u r terrible at maintenance.
The purpose of the car is also important. Daily driving(4plug) or long distance travel?
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by Dubblechief4422: 8:12am On Jan 24, 2021
themonk:

Lmao, have you ever heard of MsV(Master of Vehicles)?
That guy has 13 MsV certificates. Listen when he talks.

Everybody on the auto and car section knows GAZZUZZ.

Very correct, I told him one day that his not a mechanic but an auto technocrats, d guy is good at what he does and is always available to help when called... He didn't say v6 is a bad car he only told us d disadvantages...
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by Promxy94(m): 8:18am On Jan 24, 2021
Sir Gazzuz has said it all.

I drive a 4plug of a lower camry but will love and want to test the power of v6 in a Big for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by ebhaleleme51490: 8:25am On Jan 24, 2021
bro...v6 modela is d best thing done to those big daddy camrys....get it n change what needs to be changed...no regrets..smart n elegant ...super silent.economynis d same as 4 cyl.from experience

1 Like

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by ZaddyJamal: 9:21am On Jan 24, 2021
greggng:

How can I check whether the catalyst is still intact or not please? I'm supposed to go and inspect the car this afternoon.
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by ZaddyJamal: 9:28am On Jan 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Good morning oga Gazzuzz and thank you. So the basic reason why I want to get a car is for daily work drives from Ajah to VI and back and then occasionally travels from Lagos to the east (Anambra & Abia) maybe twice a year.

Is it possible for the V6 to serve this purpose optimally and a reasonable cost compared to the I4 in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption?

The I4 are always so expensive way above my budget whether Tokunbo or Naija used.

1 Like

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by emyfelix(m): 9:43am On Jan 24, 2021
greggng:

Same thing a mechanic told me before buying a V6 recently...so far so good everything is going smoothly..

I just pray it keeps going smoothly!

1 Like

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

ZaddyJamal:

Good morning oga Gazzuzz and thank you. So the basic reason why I want to get a car is for daily work drives from Ajah to VI and back and then occasionally travels from Lagos to the east (Anambra & Abia) maybe twice a year.

Is it possible for the V6 to serve this purpose optimally and a reasonable cost compared to the I4 in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption?

The I4 are always so expensive way above my budget whether Tokunbo or Naija used.

1 Like

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by ZaddyJamal: 9:52am On Jan 24, 2021
emyfelix:

Same thing a mechanic told me before buying a V6 recently...so far so good everything is going smoothly..

How much did you buy yours and was it direct Toks or Naija used?
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by emyfelix(m): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2021
ZaddyJamal:

How much did you buy yours and was it direct Toks or Naija used?

Naija use...1.1
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by adedayo77: 11:24am On Jan 24, 2021
please what year is your Camry?
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by adedayo77: 11:24am On Jan 24, 2021

emyfelix:

Naija use...1.1
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by staneless(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
V6 engines are good if they are in good condition... otherwise, it wears out easily compared to i4 engine
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by Unrated900(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
I don’t know why some people condemn V6

Do you want to be stagnant in life in choice of cars

You used.

Some people are prone to Camry 1999 model v4

This is 2021

Every cars are good

It depends on the way you used them

As for
Me I have never used 4 plug engine in my entire life

I prefer V6.

Engine last longer than v4

The Ac burst out with Moreno pressure than 4 plug.

So far V6 to me is the best

What if you are using Highlander 2010 is it v4

It’s equally V6 with turbo engine people uses them often and often.

One has to step up in life.

Poverty is really a thing that should be thrown away.

@op follow your mind

Have you ever seen where someone with no job advising someone with a good job to quit his job due to salary not been attractive.

Get a good technician to scan the car for you.

Once no much errors proceed jare and leave story.

2 Likes

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by greggng: 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
emyfelix:

Keep to the service routine and also don't allow fuel to go red in that car ....it will help your injector v6 doesn't like dirts at the noodles

2 Likes

Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by Gaddafi1: 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
The V6 engine lasts longer than V4 because the load on it is not much. I bought two of them at the same time but have sold the V4 because it started smoking. Please look at the pros and cons and make a decision.
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by emyfelix(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2021
adedayo77:
Re: Is Camry V6 A Good Choice? by emyfelix(m): 7:48am On Jan 26, 2021
greggng:

Keep to the service routine and also don't allow fuel to go red in that car ....it will help your injector v6 doesn't like dirts at the noodles

Thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

2003 Lexus Rx300 Available @2.5m Only / SOLD!!! Clean Toks 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited For Sale (accident Free) / Super Clean 2009 Camry Toks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.