Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus (380 Views)

The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / Are Those Speaking Bad Of Jesus Christ Cursed? / “Blood Of Jesus” Drink Sold For N2,000 In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus by ikorodureporta: 4:28am On Jan 24, 2021
In a scenario where someone adoring a strange God,eg (Moloch) & still calling the name of Jesus... What actually happens

Re: How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus by pyyxxaro: 5:59am On Jan 24, 2021
Olumo rock fall on ur rusty goat testes

Go ask Buhari this question
Re: How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus by ikorodureporta: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
pyyxxaro:
Olumo rock fall on ur rusty goat testes

Go ask Buhari this question

you too big to answer am?? if u no get answer, y not direct yr anger to yr Illuminati moloch worshipping cult leaders??! cheesy
Re: How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus by Eviana(f): 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
I like this question.

The name of Jesus is the most effective name in my life....and I say that sincerely and from experience.

I looked at your earlier OP and while I've never heard of that church (for obvious reasons) and I'm not sure about the nuances of that church ceremony--the heart of the people-- or the truth of the alleged pics, I can say this about my Lord:

Matthew 6:24 (KJV)

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

About the effectiveness of the name
Jesus:

Luke 8:27-29 (KJV)

27 And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.

28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.

29 (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.)

Even the demons know the effectiveness of Jesus' name....although "man" may not.

Philippians 2:9-11 (KJV)

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus by ikorodureporta: 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
Eviana:
I like this question.

The name of Jesus is the most effective name in my life....and I say that sincerely and from experience.

I looked at your earlier OP and while I've never heard of that church (for obvious reasons) and I'm not sure about the nuances of that church ceremony--the heart of the people-- or the truth of the alleged pics, I can say this about my Lord:

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Jesus:

27 And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.

28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.

29 (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.)

Even the demons know the effectiveness of Jesus' name....although "man" may not.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father

u'v never heard about house on the rock, They'r d organizers of the experience music concert
Re: How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus by reubenobi(m): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
There is different between Jesus(which most people bear and Jesus Christ (which no other bears but, Him alone. That should suffice.
Re: How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus by reubenobi(m): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
Eviana:
I like this question.

Jesus:

Nice.

1 Like

Re: How Effective Is The Name Of Jesus by Eviana(f): 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
ikorodureporta:

u'v never heard about house on the rock, They'r d organizers of the experience music concert

Well,
I know it seems odd, but "no" I haven't.
I have learned about the mega-churches in Nigeria (popular pastors) right here on this section.
They seem to be the predominate churches that are written about.
I, then, go to YouTube and research some of them more..listen to a little of their sermons.
I've learned the abbreviations for the most popular churches.
I almost feel like a "pro" now....
The "mega-church" prosperity phenomenon is huge here in the U.S.
However, the Nigerian "mega-church" prosperity brand of Christianity differs in some ways.

I remember when I first joined N.L. and didn't know who Pastor Adeboye was.
A guy said, "You mean you don't HIM?"
He was genuinely shocked.
I would like to learn about the smaller and lesser known types of Nigerian churches though.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Christian Mission On Earth? / How To Build Your Faith-bishop David Abioye / Prophet Joshua Iginla Blows Hot Against Chris Okotie And All Who Criticise Proph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.