Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Three Signs That You Are Not A Genuine Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Signs That You Are Not A Genuine Christian (187 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Signs That You Are Not A Genuine Christian by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 24, 2021
[size=8pt][/size]No matter how you shout "I love Jesus, I know who I am, I am a believer in Christ". If these three Signs are not in your life, you are not a Christian...

(1) If for a long period, those around you don't think you are a good Christian, then you are not a good Christian. Even if you say "God knows me".

(2) If you are not sure within you that you are a Christian.

(3) If God does not see you as a Christian, no matter the speaking in tongues, church service, evangelism, etc, you are not a Christian.

#Copied and Modified
Re: Three Signs That You Are Not A Genuine Christian by AntiChristian: 8:35am On Jan 24, 2021
I'm antichristian
Re: Three Signs That You Are Not A Genuine Christian by Thattallgirl(f): 8:47am On Jan 24, 2021
All the above happens when u depend on your own righteousness by thinking when you do good you're already righteous or when you think you can obey the commandments on your own. The book of Roman's already introduced Jesus as our righteousness...when u really on His righteousness, you'll naturally exhibit behaviors that people will know you're Christ-like. Doubts come in when you believe you have to earn your righteousness cos you'd always ask yourself if you're doing enough or if God is pleased with you. The Bible already said as Jesus is so are you in this world. If Jesus is righteous, then so are you... believe that, confess it and enjoy the gifts and blessings of the righteous.

Lastly, how can u know when God sees u as a Christian? Believe in Jesus, depend on His righteousness and watch how u naturally start doing right. Shalom!
Re: Three Signs That You Are Not A Genuine Christian by Kobojunkie: 8:51am On Jan 24, 2021
zoputa:
[size=8pt][/size]No matter how you shout "I love Jesus, I know who I am, I am a believer in Christ". If these three Signs are not in your life, you are not a Christian...

(1) If for a long period, those around you don't think you are a good Christian, then you are not a good Christian. Even if you say "God knows me".

(2) If you are not sure within you that you are a Christian.

(3) If God does not see you as a Christian, no matter the speaking in tongues, church service, evangelism, etc, you are not a Christian.

#Copied and Modified
For a long time those around Jesus Christ taught He was possessed, so was Jesus Christ not a genuine "Christian" then too? undecided
Re: Three Signs That You Are Not A Genuine Christian by DropsMic(m): 8:51am On Jan 24, 2021
grin
Re: Three Signs That You Are Not A Genuine Christian by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2021
The truth is we are all Christians just the way children will never change being the children of a man. The only thing is that the devil work is to steal,kill and destroy and he is going abt thru subtle means stopping them from making heaven
Christians must be watchful and do all it takes not to fall into the trap. Once u see u are backsliding, immediately repent and cut off wat is making u sin.its not as easy as said but As far as it's in ur heart,pray and GOD will make it happen for u

(1) (Reply)

Will Nigeria Ever Be A Developed Country Before The World End? / This Current Day Order Of Civilization Is Approved By God / Why Ghanaian Football Player Michael Essien Lost His Social Media Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.