Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials (20919 Views)

WTO: Okonjo-iweala Appoints 2 Women As Deputy DGs For The First Time Ever / #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal / WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Will Not Win – Kemi Olunloyo Tells Ngozi To Move On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by fergie001: 10:15am On Jan 24, 2021
Nigeria's first female Finance Minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala expressed gratitude to former US officials who urged President Biden to endorse her selection by the World Trade Organisation (WTO) as Director-General.

My thanks to these remarkable leaders for expressing their views! The @wto has a critical role to play in making the Multilateral Trading System part of the solution to #covid19 pandemic, and no time to waste.

Let’s get to work on global recovery!

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

The selection of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to lead the WTO was not backed by the Trump administration after she won support across the globe.

The Trump administration through its Trade Representative, Robert Lighthizer, blocked the WTO's selection of Okonjo-Iweala and indeed backed her opponent Yoo Myung-Hee, citing the former's trade inexperience; a position many a people differ on.

Iweala was tipped to take over from Frenchman, Pascal Lamy as WTO-DG in 2013 but declined.

A cross-section of former senior U.S. Government officials, including a Nobel Laureate, along with academicians and civil society leaders, had written to President Biden in support of the election of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as WTO-DG.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Earlystar698(m): 10:16am On Jan 24, 2021
My daughter role model cheesy

24 Likes

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by yinkus6750(m): 10:18am On Jan 24, 2021
Thank God for removing Trump.
The coast is now clear for you.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by LMS1(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2021
AM PROUD OF THIS PUFFY WOMAN
SHE MAY ONE DAY EMERGE Nigeria's First Female President!
I Swear I For Use Two Fingers Vote Am! grin

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by helinues: 10:38am On Jan 24, 2021
All the best Madam NOI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by HallaDaTruth: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
Good
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by mzBEAM(f): 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:
All the best Madam NOI

Miscreant

The mod should push the below topic to FP and allow nairalanders praise our Darling bubu

https://www.nairaland.com/6380367/what-benefited-buhari-government-since

1 Like

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Okortor: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
I see this woman becoming the next WTO DG.
congratulations ma, you deserve it, big kudos

1 Like

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Omezif(m): 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
Igbo amaka!
ngozi chukwu is a brilliant woman.
i said it earlier that times five of trump will never obstruct her becoming the directory general of the world trade organization.
congrates to her once again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by loosecanon50(m): 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
This is the same woman Buhammadu Muhari dropped as finance minister

11 Likes

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by focus7: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
Congratulations mam, you are a big beneficiary of Biden's victory, a sign that God is backing you up.

Just like Pharaoh has to die for Moses to fulfill destiny and Herod has to die for Jesus to return from Egypt, God has to made sure Trump lose the election for you to become the head of WTO.

4 Likes

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Built2last: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
Cool
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Dailymice: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
shocked
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Benjaniblinks(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
angry
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
Ok
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Kemistri4(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
God bless NOI
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Kemistri4(m): 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
Okortor:
I see this woman becoming the next WTO DG.
congratulations ma, you deserve it, big kudos

She must become the next DG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by kelechiodo(m): 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
Good. NOI, you have my vote though Trump who never supported you also had my vote. I believe you are good for the position the same way I believe that Trump is good for America and world sanity.

2 Likes

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Jimmy231: 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
Earlystar698:
Who come be your own role model. Onyeaka Owenu I guess
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by tishbite41(m): 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
Okonjo-Iweala, nwa Biafra, onye highway!
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Chimookigwe: 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
While some Igbos were foolishly supporting Trump, he was busy sabotaging the chances of Okonjo Iweala. It is Biden that those Idiotic Igbos demonised that is now supporting Ngozi.

Traders and artisans should not be allowed to dictate Igbo alliances and policy. It should be left for sensible technocrats.

3 Likes

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
Earlystar698:
good cos people like onochie are goat model
People like Lai Mohammed are Lie models
People like adeshina are mouth cancer model
People like buhari are model to failures

4 Likes

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by blinking001(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
We wish her well
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Ayoola171(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nice one
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by whela(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
smiley
Truth is ppl like this wont function well in political post in a country like Nigeria, same goes to Akinwunmi, but on the global scale they remain one of the best.

1 Like

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Righteousness2(m): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
Mark the Word " GLOBAL"

That Is the target.
Great Reset is on the way!

Prepare to meee thy GOD!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by Lamasta(m): 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2021
Mama d Mama we are with you all the step of the way
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by musicwriter(m): 2:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
They're already doing that. But it's not a recovery plan with Africans in it because America and European countries only are the one getting the COVID-19 medication first, not African countries.

The question I'll ask you is; why?
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Former US Officials by GreatOlu1: 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
All of a sudden she is an American.
Is our God not great!.

#DualCitizenshipIsAGoal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Rejects Insinuations His Loss Is Divine / Princess Aderemi Adebowale Packs Refuse In Lagos This Morning / Buhari To Inaugurate First Northern Nigeria's River Port On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.