Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Driving Licence Challenge. Pls I Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Licence Challenge. Pls I Need Help (701 Views)

FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% / Numbers To Call To Verify The Validity Of Your Driving Licence - FRSC / Is It Possible To Drive In Nigeria With An EU Driving Licence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving Licence Challenge. Pls I Need Help by Nnanna79: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2021
I had to do my driving licence to enable me secure a driving Job with BOLT.
But I had a challenge ...December last year 2019, precisely on 9th,I went to FRSC paid half of the money #20,000( total cost) for fresh driving licence and filled a form. And I was told to come for capturing 26 days later. On the day I was to go for capturing,I called the lady at FRSC who does that for me and she said I should come with My National Identity card,which I went with. Only for me to get there,she key in the NIN( National Identity Number on the card ) to the system and said that my Date of birth and Gender in my National ID card does not match with my data I submitted earlier on with them when I initially filled driving licence form last year December 9th to be precise,saying I should go to NIMC to rectify the issue but am sure that there was no mistake in my National ID card registration which I did early last year 2019. To still fulfil all righteousness ,I went to NIMC office here in Porthacourt opposite NNDC building to see what I can do in respect of that,but crowd is too much with people trying to do their National Identity card as to link it up with their phone in line with the new rules.I went home to come the next day again but couldn't succeed

To cut the whole story short,I came the third day and was lucky to meet a woman ( a staff of NIMC) outside the gate who told me that I had to endure till crowd subside,then I will come for them to face my problem and I also heard her saying something like I will pay #15,000 to the bank and submit application for any change I want made in my National ID to be effected with the commission and that it will still take up to a month for it to be done.

This is a big challnege,can't wait that long assuming there was a mistake in my National ID which I am sure there is none ,but just trying to be sure. And also considering the time limit I have for the driving job.

What do I do in this situations pls ? This country is something I can't understand.
Pls I need any body in the field to assist me with a solution as fast as possible because of time factor,thanks

+2348185373706 Call/Whatspp
Re: Driving Licence Challenge. Pls I Need Help by Skyfornia(m): 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
Did the lady tell you the date of birth on your NIN?? If she did, why not correct the datas or date of birth submitted at the road safety to match withthe one at NIMC.

1 Like

Re: Driving Licence Challenge. Pls I Need Help by Nnanna79: 2:44am On Jan 25, 2021
She didnt bro. Beside,the gender the system also pointed does not match,is written boldly in my National ID card as MALE. Its just that date of birth is not usually written there. So I am surprise. A sure,there is no mistake in my National ID card registration data. Its their fault. Because she told me that ,that is the same problem they have been experiencing since the commission came up with that development of incorporating NIN data into Driving licence registration with FRSC. That a lot have same problem,even her husband who is even a worker in FRSC. I told her that,if that is the case,then they should contact the commission to do something about it. That is the situation my brother.
Re: Driving Licence Challenge. Pls I Need Help by melviniyke2002(m): 1:10am On Jan 26, 2021
Only God wud see us tru in dis country

1 Like

Re: Driving Licence Challenge. Pls I Need Help by miniziter(m): 4:09am On Jan 26, 2021
Its because of this shit am trying to process my drivers licence down. I don't want to wait till I will need it. I have learnt from the national ID card stuff.
Re: Driving Licence Challenge. Pls I Need Help by ITbomb(m): 6:56am On Jan 26, 2021
Download and register with the Nimc app, you will see most of your details

2 Likes

Re: Driving Licence Challenge. Pls I Need Help by Elsueno: 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2021
It took 24 hours for me to do the capture after submitting my application and I got my five year license two weeks after. This was last year before the NIN was announced.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has The Right Of Way? / I Need A Driver That Can Drive Me For A Day From Lagos To Oyo State / Please How Do Identify A Good Belgium Car Bumper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.