Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (406 Views)

Can A Woman Return Her Bride Price, And Should The Man Accept? / Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? / Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by naijadrivablog: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2021
Re: . by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:49am On Jan 24, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Women are flowers and respond to their biological clocks. No matter how successful a woman is, if she is not married, she feels an "emptiness" inside of her. She needs company, care, love and to reproduce.

Feminists can argue otherwise but some of the self acclaimed feminists are married. The single ones like Linda Ikeji, Etinosa and others who preached topics like "celibacy", 'men are thrash" and so on somehow still needed men.

Some "feminists" or women who have passed "ripe age" are secretly finding love but unlucky. They had to take matters into their hands by having a child (or children) OUT OF WEDLOCK. This is in a desperate need to "lock" a man or just to reproduce. That is one of the reasons "baby mama" is now a familiar word. Either way, they NEEDED A MAN.

The truth is, women have more to benefit from marriage than men. It is true that some women are unlucky to marry cheating, wife beating, drunkard or miserly husbands but by and large, women have stronger emotional control than men. That is why it is better for a woman to marry a bad man than a man to marry a bad woman. In spite of any short givings of some husbands, women continue to stay in their marriages. Some will say for the sake of the children, yes, but also to keep their statuses and other benefits (immediate or future) intact.

Here are some of the areas women and men benefit from marriages:

Why?

1. It gives them a "crown"
2. Respect in society
3. They enjoy all goodies from grown children (gifts, travels, omugwo etc while the husbands get schnapps or brandy to drink and die)
4. Bragging rights
5. Wield power in society (Umu Ada sociocultural group).
6. Sometimes, live longer (than husbands) to enjoy grand children and great grandchildren.
7. Gets most love from children.
8. Garner more sentiment from children and can easily manipulate her children against their father (if marriage goes south).
9. Company
10. Most times, get taken care of. See a jobless girl getting married and becomes the responsibility of the husband.

For men, we only benefit:
1. Perpetuation of Lineage
2. Companionship (which a nagging or bad wife may not provide)
3. Status
4. Managing the home (which some wives don't know how to)
5. Sex (he can get this even from side chicks)

Inspite of this, men spend millions every year to get married. BUT DON'T GET IT TWISTED, MARRIAGE is beautiful if you meet the right one because, you get most needs that marriage satisfies: companionship, protection, improved status, procreation (you have children to continue after you) and so on.

All these reasons stated is why a women should kneel or prostrate when a man she wants to accept his 'ring' is making her a marriage proposal.

What do you think?

lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique, mukina2

Your write up is diabolical in my opinion, something from the mind of Margret Sanger. It stinks like a rotten egg.

If these all you see in a woman, you've looked wrongly and not fully prepared for life. Work on your foundations.
Re: . by malcom1X: 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2021
That Brandy and schnapps got me laughing

grin grin grin
Re: . by naijadrivablog: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
Re: . by Mstick: 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
Buhahahahahahajajajajaja

I've been seeing men saying women benefit a lot in marriage than men and I've been wondering, how? what? Thank you for spelling out the "benefits" hahahahahahahahaha

"Crown" "umu ada"

Living longer than the husband is a benefit of marriage?! grin grin grin

It's better for a woman to have a bad husband?! grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When This Happens? / My Father’s Family Showed Me Pepper / To Whoever Out There Contemplating Suicide, Before You Do, Please Read This:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.