Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? (1194 Views)

Is This Real? Can You Attend This Type Of Church If You Will Be Given #10m If Yo / If Hell Truly Exists, Then God Is Not Only Evil, He's Also Incompetent / "You Can't Prove God Is Real." Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 11:41am On Jan 24, 2021
Opposite to the post on frontpage: https://www.nairaland.com/6379865/why-shouldnt-wait-see-hell

• if hellfire is real, as the OP opined, why did Adam and Eve, the first sinners, not go to hell?

• does not the doctrine of hellfire promote the afterlife, and the immortality of the soul, thereby calling God a liar when he stated that sinners would die, as he told Adam and Eve?

• does it not also contradict the bible where it said the wages of sin is death? Are the wages now hellfire?

• some believe the devil will torment people in hellfire eternally, does it mean God is now working with the devil to torment people the same devil made to sin?

• if people are tormented forever, which part of the body is tormented? The body or spirit?

Cos we know fire cannot harm a spirit and the bible teaches that when one dies, the spirit returns to God (Ps 146: 4). So which part is tormented?

The bible tells us the devil will be destroyed, so who will continue tormenting them?

• does it not also contradict the bible in Eccl 9: 5, 10 that the dead are conscious of nothing?

• in the case of Lazarus, Jesus' friend who died. When he died, where was he? He was a good man, remember. When Jesus resurrected him, was he in heaven or hellfire? Of course, none. Because it didn't make sense that Jesus pulled him from heaven to live again on earth, or from hellfire, which translates judgment to people. Where was he!

• in the Revelation account, the second death was also hurled into the lake of fire. So does it mean hellfire can now burn end?

I need answers.

Seun, lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by illicit(m): 11:43am On Jan 24, 2021
I have never believed that shit....
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 11:54am On Jan 24, 2021
OAM4J, dominique, lalasticlala, seun
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by Zeion422(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2021
The above point prove hellfire is a false teaching

1 Like

Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2021
Zeion422:
The above point prove hellfire is a false teaching

I want people to reason from the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
illicit:
I have never believed that shit....

What do you believe?
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by kingxsamz(m): 12:13pm On Jan 24, 2021
Don't you know you're not supposed to question God or the bible? angry
Don't you know you're supposed to just believe without having sense or using logic?
You better keep quiet if you don't want God to use you for barbecue. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by illicit(m): 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
chatinent:

What do you believe?

In life and death....
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
illicit:

In life and death....

Ok.
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2021
kingxsamz:
Don't you know you're supposed to just believe without having sense or using logic?

You are ignorant.
I am questioning your ungodly beliefs!

Even the people of Thessalonica of old didn't just accept what they were told, they checked if it was in line with the scriptures.

What if you discover that the bible never taught hell fire?
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by Image123(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
kingxsamz:

Where did you hear this fable? Have you read the psalms to see the many questions God was asked there? Have you read the gospels to see Jesus Christ questioned several times? Anyway, your faith is in folly not in Christ. It's expected.
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2021
This jehova witness boy again if you don't believe in hell fire then don't believe in heaven too
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by kingxsamz(m): 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2021
chatinent:

You are ignorant.
I am questioning your ungodly beliefs!

Even the people of Thessalonica of old didn't just accept what they were told, they checked if it was in line with the scriptures.

What if you discover that the bible never taught hell fire?

You better just believe what your parents and pastors have been telling you right from birth without asking questions, unless you want God's wrath to descend on you.
You better believe o. Don't use your brain, don't ask logical questions and don't question God. I've warned you. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2021
kingxsamz:

You better just believe what your parents and pastors have been telling you right from birth without asking questions, unless you want God's wrath to descend on you.
You better believe o. Don't use your brain, don't ask logical questions and don't question God. I've warned you. angry

I am not you, man.

I am not a robot with sets of programs.
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2021
Warrgidanairala:
This jehova witness boy again if you don't believe in hell fire then don't believe in heaven too

Rather than meandering, why not attempt to answer my questions if you believe the hell fire doctrine with conviction.
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by kingxsamz(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2021
chatinent:

I am not you, man.

I am not a robot with sets of programs.

If you're a Christian, then you have to be.
You cannot fit in logic and the word of God together in one place, So don't question God.
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by kingxsamz(m): 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
Image123:

Where did you hear this fable? Have you read the psalms to see the many questions God was asked there? Have you read the gospels to see Jesus Christ questioned several times? Anyway, your faith is in folly not in Christ. It's expected.

Lmao... Isn't that what you people say when someone starts thinking for himself and starts analyzing the Bible logically? grin "Don't question God".
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
kingxsamz:

If you're a Christian, then you have to be.
You cannot fit in logic and the word of God together in one place, So don't question God.

Oga, answer my questions and stop lip-syncing your pastor's charge on you to me.

Even Jesus answered questions! Who then is a mere man self-tagged a pastor and man of God?

Even God answered questions! An example is when Job asked God: “if a man died, can he live again?”

If you cannot answer it, hide and stop using the subterfuge of God's wrath.

My last response.
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by kingxsamz(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
chatinent:

Oga, answer my questions and stop lip-syncing your pastor's charge on you to me.

Even Jesus answered questions! Who then is a mere man self-tagged a pastor and man of God?
If you cannot answer it, hide and stop using the subterfuge of God's wrath.

My last response.

Sha don't question God. Else, you'll end up in hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
chatinent:

Rather than meandering, why not attempt to answer my questions if you believe the hell fire doctrine with conviction.
show me your face first
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by chatinent: 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
Image123:

Little wonders, man!
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by sonmvayina(m): 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
We sre erthanal beings, we are gods in the flesh, we are creators.

There is nothing like hell fire...
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by Image123(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lmao... Isn't that what you people say when someone starts thinking for himself and starts analyzing the Bible logically? grin "Don't question God".

Who are the you people, what does the Bible say? Don't you see Christians answering questions on the religion section all the time?
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by obonujoker(m): 2:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
The lake of fire is real.

Jesus talked about it.

Hell is a word used to describe the conditions in that place
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by Lovelyperson(m): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
kingxsamz:
Remember human like you wrote the Bible and other religious books and human like you decides which book is made holy and compiled to form the Bible.
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by Lovelyperson(m): 7:00pm On Jan 24, 2021
kingxsamz:

If you can't use your brain then your brain is useless. And that is an insult to the Creator of the brain.
Please use your brain but use it wisely...
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by Lovelyperson(m): 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
kingxsamz:

Sha don't question God. Else, you'll end up in hell.
Nonsense....
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
He is an atheist sarcastically teasing you guys, he doesn't even believe in the existence of God.

So don't bother answering him, he's just joking! smiley

Lovelyperson:

Nonsense....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by xproducer: 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
chatinent:
Opposite to the post on frontpage: https://www.nairaland.com/6379865/why-shouldnt-wait-see-hell

• if hell fire is real as the OP opined, why did Adam and Eve the first sinners not go to hell?
GOD did not reveal in the Holy Bible what became of the souls of Adam and Eve - that is GOD's business. That shouldn't concern us so much as our own respective salvation from God's judgment for sin. "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;" - Philippians 2:12

• does not the doctrine of hell fire promote afterlife, and the immortality of the soul, thereby calling God a liar when he stated that sinners will die, as he told Adam and Eve?
Hell is, or will be a place where one would experience the death of the soul (the second death). GOD is the GOD of truth! "God is not a man, that He should lie..." - Numbers 23:19. When GOD said that if they disobeyed they (and all humanity by extension) would "surely die" (Genesis 2:17), He was right as always because even though Adam lived for several hundred years in the flesh, he died in the flesh (the first death). Anyone who has not been truly been redeemed/saved/born again in the spirit by GOD will face the second death. "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” - Revelation 21:8 (Also Revelation 2:11, Revelation 20:6, Revelation 20:14).

• does it not also contradict the bible where it said the wages of sin is death? Is the wages now hell fire?
It does not! The wages of sin is death... that is death of the flesh (we see it because everyone dies), and then wages are continued with the death of the unredeemed soul. "[b]Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is Mine; The soul who sins shall die.[/b]" - Ezekiel 18:4... but thank GOD that He has mercifully, graciously, and single handedly, provided a way of escape in and through Himself, in the Person of the Lord JESUS CHRIST! "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

• some believe the devil will torment people in hell fire eternally, does it mean God is now working with the devil to torment people the same devil made to sin?
First, "The Lord is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works." - Psalm 145:17. Second, GOD will righteously destroy all that are evil and in rebellion! “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:" - Matthew 25:41 (Also 2 Peter 2:4, 2 Peter 3:7)

• if people are tormented forever, which part of the body is tormented? The body or spirit?
GOD knows all the details, but know that even though the death/destruction is permanent - the process dying, whether in body or soul, cannot be pleasant! "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” - Matthew 8:12 (Also Revelation 14:11, Luke 16:24)

Cos we know fire cannot harm a spirit, and the bible teaches that when one dies the spirit returns to God (Ps 146: 4). So which part is tormented?
"God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” - John 4:24. Also, GOD is the "Father of spirits" (Hebrews 12:9), and is all powerful. He creates, and he can destroy with a fire that achieves the purpose. "For our God is a consuming fire." - Hebrews 12:29
Additionally, the spirit of redeemed /saved men and women go to the Lord GOD upon death/sleep in the flesh. "So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 5:6 (also 2 Corinthians 5:8, 1 Thessalonians 4:12-14). There is indication that the soul of unsaved man rests in silence (Psalm 115:17) until resurrected for judgment on the LORD's Day. "And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt." - Daniel 12:2

The bible tells us the devil will be destroyed, so who will continue tormenting them?
See response to your fourth question.

• does it not also contradict the bible in Eccl 9: 5, 10 that the dead are conscious of nothing?
No, there are no contradictions in the Bible, even though it may seem that way to those who don't know. Eccl 9:5 appears to be in line with Psalm 115:17 - that the dead remain silent until judgment day! GOD knows all things!

• in the case of Lazarus, Jesus friend who died. When he died where was he? He was a good man remember. When Jesus resurrected him, was he in heaven or hell fire? Of course, none. Because it didn't make sense that Jesus pulled him from heaven to live again on earth, or from hell fire which translates judgement to people. Where was he!
From all indications, the spirit of Lazarus was in Heaven! (like the spirits of all GOD's children/prophets - like Moses and Elijah that appeared with the Lord JESUS on the mount of Transfiguration -Matthew 17:3).
Even if he were called from Heaven to glorify GOD on earth that people might believe (John 11:14), he is always saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:30), and would be going back to Heaven at the end of his physical life. The Lord JESUS said regarding Lazarus, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it
.” - John 11:4

• in the Revelation account, the second death was also hurled into the lake of fire. So does it mean hell fire can now burn death?
It means that after all GOD's judgment is executed... there will be no more death. "Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" - Matthew 13:43

I need answers.

Seun, lalasticlala

======

2 Likes

Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by IamAtikulate: 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
All these JW and their stupid doctrines. Even when Jesus talked about hell and they are still arguing.
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by IamAtikulate: 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
chatinent:

• if hell fire is real as the OP opined, why did Adam and Eve the first sinners not go to hell?

Nobody is in hell fire yet until after the great judgement. Again, how sure are you they died as sinners?

does not the doctrine of hell fire promote afterlife, and the immortality of the soul, thereby calling God a liar when he stated that sinners will die, as he told Adam and Eve?
Yes, it is called the second death. It is not the soul that dies, it is the biological body. The soul is immortal.

• does it not also contradict the bible where it said the wages of sin is death? Is the wages now hell fire?
It doesn't. All sinners die.

• some believe the devil will torment people in hell fire eternally, does it mean God is now working with the devil to torment people the same devil made to sin?
People are free to believe anything. Stick to what the Bible says and our Bible didn't say that.

The soul

Cos we know fire cannot harm a spirit, and the bible teaches that when one dies the spirit returns to God (Ps 146: 4). So which part is tormented?
The fire is designed specifically to torment the soul. A soul returns to God for judgment. According to the Bible, after death, judgement follows.

The Bible didn't say devil will torment sinners. Both are tormented by the fire.

It doesnt. It is talking about the physical death.

• in the case of Lazarus, Jesus friend who died. When he died where was he? He was a good man remember. When Jesus resurrected him, was he in heaven or hell fire? Of course, none. Because it didn't make sense that Jesus pulled him from heaven to live again on earth, or from hell fire which translates judgement to people. Where was he!
Our Bible makes it clear that nobody is in Heaven yet. It even used David as an example.

• in the Revelation account, the second death was also hurled into the lake of fire. So does it mean hell fire can now burn death?
It simply means, no body will die again. It has served its purpose. There is no death in Heaven and hell.

I need answers.

Seun, lalasticlala
Your questions reek ignorance, so much from people that call themselves bible students.

Anyway, you have your answers.

There is hell because Jesus says so
Re: If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:11am On Jan 25, 2021
NO insults please! smiley

So how do you reconcile the highlighted with what God emphatically told Ezekiel to pen down regarding the soul @ Ezekiel 18:4

Immortality mean continuous existence but God specifically said "the soul will DIE"

God's only begotten SON also said both the body and soul will perish IN THE GRAVE! Matthew 10:28

And God's word also says that there's no life, thought, love, hatred or feelings in the grave where all dead people go! Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

So please how do you correlate all of these? smiley

IamAtikulate:

Nobody is in hell fire yet until after the great judgement. Again, how sure are you they died as sinners?
Yes, it is called the second death. It is not the soul that dies, it is the biological body. The soul is immortal.
It doesn't. All sinners die.
People are free to believe anything. Stick to what the Bible says and our Bible didn't say that.
The soul
The fire is designed specifically to torment the soul. A soul returns to God for judgment. According to the Bible, after death, judgement follows.
The Bible didn't say devil will torment sinners. Both are tormented by the fire.
It doesnt. It is talking about the physical death.
Our Bible makes it clear that nobody is in Heaven yet. It even used David as an example.
It simply means, no body will die again. It has served its purpose. There is no death in Heaven and hell.
Your questions reek ignorance, so much from people that call themselves bible students.
Anyway, you have your answers.
There is hell because Jesus says so

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop Joshua Faults And Challenges Bible / Most Immoral Verse In The Quran? / Lent And Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.