Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki (1403 Views)

Rivers Crisis: We Won, They Failed – Fubara Mocks Wike During Crossover / Fayemi, El-Rufai, Amaechi Responsible For Ondo Crisis – Henry Olu Olatuja / Sheriffdeen: "Lagos, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun carry debt burden of N1.04tr" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by jaybenugo: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
Quit Notice to Fulani: We Must Strive To Douse The Tension, Keep Our Country United - Saraki

Immediate Past President of the Senate and Wazirin Ilorin, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has reacted to the crisis in Ondo and Oyo States following the ongoing agitation against the activities of Fulani herdsmen in the States, IgbereTV reports.

While calling on the government and key stakeholders to work out a solution to the security challenges in the country, he also urged Nigerians to strive to keep the country united, as a united Nigeria is important to every Nigerian because Nigerians do not have another country to call their own.

Taking to his Twitter handle, he wrote;

"I have watched with concern the recent development in Oyo and Ondo States in which quit notices were given to Fulani herders and there were subsequent burning of the property of the Fulani herdsmen in some parts of Oyo State.

These happenings have increased the tension and unduly raised the temperature in the country.

The ugly development in these two states are symptomatic of the continued threat to the unity of our country that we have witnessed on a higher scale in recent times and in different parts of the country, including the South-East and South-South zones.

At this point, I strongly appeal to all of us to work for peace and take initiatives that can douse tension. Both the elite and ordinary people have a responsibility to begin to take measures that will reassure the people across the board that a united Nigeria will benefit everybody better than a disintegrated country.

The deafening silence by key stakeholders, leaders and others who we think should speak out is worrisome. This silence is a dangerous tell-tale sign that things are wrong. This is not good for our country. We must all speak out and talk about the solution to this twin-problem of insecurity and threat to national unity.

We all do not have another country to call our own other than this one country, Nigeria. We need to live in peace with each other and it is my prayer that Almighty God will continue to preserve the unity of the country. I have the conviction that there are many more things that unite us than the few points that cause disagreement among us.

Let me use my case as an example of why this country should continue to grow as one united and progressive entity. I am of Fulani origin and have a Yoruba mother. My father was a Muslim and my mother is Christian. Thus, I am affected on all sides by any inter-ethnic tension in this country. I am sure there are many Nigerians that are in a similar situation.

Also, a united Nigeria is better for the entire world than a disintegrated country. The relevance of Nigeria in the international community is due to its size, population, and collective resources. Any attempt at disintegration removes the cloak of importance around Nigeria in the global community.

We must all strive to douse the tension and keep our country together. This is definitely not the country we inherited from our forebears and it is not what we intend to pass on to the generation after us.

I appeal to President Muhammadu Buhari to provide leadership. Mr. President, take measures that will reassure all and sundry that you are working on the problems and that nobody should lose interest in a united, peaceful, and progressive Nigeria.

It is important for President Muhammadu Buhari to rally all interests and everybody at the leadership levels to a round table in order to discuss and find appropriate solutions.

Let me reiterate my earlier suggestion that President Buhari should call all relevant politicians and stakeholders together - former heads of states, retired and serving security chiefs, present and former leaders of various arms of government, traditional rulers with relevant experience, experienced youth with the technological know-how to solve security problems and even international civil servants of Nigerian origin who can help.

Everybody must be made to contribute ideas on how to save our country from insecurity, disunity, and invasion by criminals. Mr. President, please, call everybody together and provide the much-needed leadership to solve the problem.

This is a period that requires all hands to be on deck. This is not the time to talk of APC or PDP. It is a time for all to work for Nigeria. This is a problem for all and should be solved by all.

I want to also make a passionate plea to my brothers, Ahmed Lawan and Femi Gbajabiamila, both of whom are experienced legislators, to provide the far-reaching legislative intervention that will help the executive arm in the search for peace.

The situation is getting worse by the day. Insecurity has become the order of the day and it is fueling disunity and criminal activities.

Let me also call on all politicians who are looking towards 2023 to take over power to start pondering on what type of Nigeria will they have to administer post-2023 if the current situation continues. It is better for all of us to join hands together NOW to quell the raging fire of disunity, insecurity, and work to mend fences.

I know some politicians will not be able to contribute ideas if they are not called upon to do so by those who currently have governmental responsibility to do so. However, please don’t keep quiet when called upon.

We must all intervene as patriots and forget our personal interests. For the sake of our forebears who handed over this country to us, we must work hard to make things better so that when we meet them, we will have a good account to give that we improved on what was handed over to us.

In the meantime, let all stakeholders speak up on the danger confronting and diminishing our great country. The attitude of keeping quiet and ‘sidon look’ while waiting for the next election to start making promises will not help anyone.

What type of election or country are we going to have in 2023 if the current situation persists?

A stitch in time saves nine."
https://twitter.com/bukolasaraki/status/1353379966944223233?s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1380266/oyo-ondo-crisis-dont-another-country-call-saraki/

Lalasticlala

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
shocked

While calling on the government and key stakeholders to work out a solution to security challenges in the country, he also urged Nigerians to strive to keep the country united as the unity of the country is very important to every Nigerian.

Nigeria's unity is not important to anybody except people that gains from Nigeria. How can Nigeria's unity be important to me when I buy almost everything the government should have provided for me with money and you're telling me about the importance of Nigeria's unity.

Lately, I can't go to farm because of Fulani herdsmen and Saraki is telling me about Nigeria's unity? Something must be wrong with Saraki.

A Divided Nigeria Will Save Millions Of Lives.

7 Likes

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
Saraki should shut up...

Everytime we don't have another country but the same one you say to have you guys are stealing it dry..

Nigeria has reached her saturation point and must cease to exist

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by mamaafrik(m): 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
So you self na Fulani Melumelu you be,samw same nooni
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
Yar'adua was a Fulani man and he was loved by all, but Buhari is everything opposite of what Yar'adua was then.

For now, Nigeria is just living on a borrowed time and from the dust of Nigeria will emerge many countries.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Racoon(m): 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nigeria is a failed state- plagued by its inept rulers, corruption, socio-economic problems, ethnic rivalry and acrimonious rancour.Agitation for separation is not from Igbos alone.Yorubas are calling for the Oduduwa Republic.

Buhari’s blatant nepotism in favour of his Fulani clan, alienation & dissatisfaction among the other various constituents of the Nigerian federation have exacerbated agitation for break up.As things continue to fall apart in this long troubled nation, the centre cannot hold. Break up is assured!
http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/11/%E2%80%98buhari-makes-nigeria-most-dangerous-country-world-christians%E2%80%99-bayo-oluwasanmi
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by DeLaRue: 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
The Saraki man is laughable. Is he not part of the problem?

'Unity of Nigeria'. Since when?

A lot of moderate people are beginning to be fed up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Tranquillity360: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
Only division will solve Nigeria problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by tutudesz: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
If Fayose can ban herdsmen from Ekiti state and why can't all Governor's and law makers in SouthWest, SouthSouth and SouthEast come up with a law to ban their activities But if it's to make useless pension law, they will make undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Dedetwo(m): 8:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
jaybenugo:
Quit Notice to Fulani: We Must Strive To Douse The Tension, Keep Our Country United - Saraki

Immediate Past President of the Senate and Wazirin Ilorin, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has reacted to the crisis in Ondo and Oyo States following the ongoing agitation against the activities of Fulani herdsmen in the States, IgbereTV reports.

While calling on the government and key stakeholders to work out a solution to the security challenges in the country, he also urged Nigerians to strive to keep the country united, as a united Nigeria is important to every Nigerian because Nigerians do not have another country to call their own.

Taking to his Twitter handle, he wrote;

https://twitter.com/bukolasaraki/status/1353379966944223233?s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1380266/oyo-ondo-crisis-dont-another-country-call-saraki/

Lalasticlala

Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, in all fairness to you, I had rather have a disintegrated Nigeria than the present union.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by nisai: 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
All of them are panic because their feeding bottle, Nigeria, is crumbling. This is what we've been saying that whenever the Yorubas are fed up of Nigeria, then its done for.

They are scared of uprising from the www, wild wild west.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by AlhajiImam: 8:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
Men of goodwill will never support that evil seed Aketi is sowing.
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Sammy07: 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
[s]
AlhajiImam:
[/s]

Mallam I'm from Ondo.
Ondo city to be precise.

We the indigenous people support what our governor is doing and we hope more to be unleashed on the unregistered Fulanis cool

Kindly move out of our state if you're not comfortable.

You may need to translate the above to Fulfuid (whatever the spelling) before you understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Sammy07: 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
Meanwhile, Saraki should shut up.

What's the meaning of Saraki in Yoruba

Didn't he and his father claimed not to be Yoruba or so
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by AlhajiImam: 9:00pm On Jan 24, 2021
Sammy07:

Mallam I'm from Ondo.
Ondo city to be precise.

We the indigenous people support what our governor is doing and we hope more to be unleashed on the unregistered Fulanis cool

Kindly move out of our state if you're not comfortable.

You may need to translate the above to Fulfuid (whatever the spelling) before you understand.

It changes nothing when e set. For now, we are. Going nowhere
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Racoon(m): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
Just two weeks ago, some northerners asked Bishop Kukah to leave Sokoto. The heavens didn't fall. The police issued no statement. No arrests or threat of arrest. The IG was asleep.

Two weeks after, some persons asked Some northerners to leave their state, and the IG is now awake.

Whether you like it or not, it is clear that Northerners see themselves as colonial masters, and the present government gives backing to this.
Credits-OP
The Presidency and the Mey­etti Allah have continued to act as the source of inspira­tion to these killers.Saraki is part of the leadership that contributed to this ruin.

Yet here is he talking about the unity of a irredeemable shattered country.The only thing these exploiting leaders owe us is a complete disintegration of this 60years old false & failed union.
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
Sammy07:
Meanwhile, Saraki should shut up.

What's the meaning of Saraki in Yoruba

Didn't he and his father claimed not to be Yoruba or so
Don't mind the idiot, all these na to catch cruise.

Someone that never fails to at every turn force the fulani tag on himself against his Yoruba Gene.

He would even do worst as a Yoruba-fulani because those idiots take 500 more steps to over prove loyalty to Fulani Terrorists

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Sammy07: 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
AlhajiImam:

It changes nothing when e set. For now, we are. Going nowhere

Haha, see this mall am.
Go and read about Ondo People.
If we could flog Eze Ndigbo and ban the entire traditional title in Ondo state.

I wonder who the Fulanis that won't be placed to their proper position when e set. grin

Dey your dey mallam
Toor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by WonderManly(m): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2021
Me keh! If you like make una give am another name. All I know be set...

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Cajal(m): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2021
Se bi your mother is a south African...saraki
U dey lie
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Tumbulum: 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
AlhajiImam:
help me tell your parents that you cannot go about killing people in their own land and not expect a reprisal.
Evil seed will bring evil result.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by Sammy07: 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
Mikecold:
Don't mind the idiot, all these na to catch cruise.

Someone that never fails to at every turn force the fulani tag on himself against his Yoruba Gene.

He would even do worst as a Yoruba-fulani because those idiots take 500 more steps to over prove loyalty to Fulani Terrorists

Absolutely.
You know history.

He will be worst than the Fulanis themselves
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by TimeManager(m): 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
nisai:
All of them are panic because their feeding bottle, Nigeria, is crumbling. This is what we've been saying that whenever the Yorubas are fed up of Nigeria, then its done for.

They are scared of uprising from the www, wild wild west.
some people say Yoruba are cowards because they are slow to react to provocations & incitements, until your cup is full and running over.

kiss the truth!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by an0daGuy: 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2021
Where are the Yoruba Muslims? You guys better speak up oh. These ones are trying to separate you from your northern brothers and you know that it is akin to ‘haram’ for that to happen lol cheesy
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by FisifunKododada: 12:31am On Jan 25, 2021
The Federal government MUST ARREST MiyettiAllah (or is it MumuniAllah) within 1 week.
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by tit(f): 12:41am On Jan 25, 2021
If you can't leave in peace in Ondo and Oyo, you can try Yobe.
We are all One Nigeria.
You can settle anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Oyo/Ondo Crisis: "We Don't Have Another Country To Call Our Own"- Saraki by humilitypays(m): 12:47am On Jan 25, 2021
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Come And Invest In Ekiti!! The State Is Developing Rapidly / Shasha Market Killings Of Hausa (The Hypocrisy) / Give Negative Review To All Apps Built By Southerners-northern Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.