Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki (1120 Views)

Benue Govt Issues 14-day Quit Notice To Herders / MURIC To FG: Give Bailout Funds To Herders To Buy Land For Ranching / Falana: You Can’t Arrest Igboho If You Spared Others Who Issued Quit Notices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by jarawa: 7:06am On Jan 25, 2021
A former Senate President, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Sunday expressed worry over the deafening silence of key stakeholders and leaders over the quit notices given to Fulani herders in Oyo and Ondo States, and the burning of a Fulani settlement in Igangan.

Saraki, in a statement, said the silence was a dangerous tell-tale sign that things were wrong.

He called on President Muhammadu Buhari to rally all interests and everybody at the leadership levels to a round table to discuss and find appropriate solutions, saying insecurity had become the order of the day and fueling disunity and criminal activities.

He urged all Nigerians to work for peace and take initiatives that could douse tension.

“Both the elite and ordinary people have a responsibility to begin to take measures that’ll reassure the people across board that a united Nigeria will benefit everybody better than a disintegrated country,” he said.

He said the relevance of Nigeria in the international community was due to her size, population and collective resources.

“I know some politicians will not be able to contribute ideas if they are not called upon to do so by those who currently have governmental responsibility to do so. However, please don’t keep quiet when called upon.

“We must all intervene as patriots and forget our personal interests. For the sake of our forebears who handed over this country to us, we must work hard to make things better so that when we meet them, we’ll have a good account to give that we improved on what was handed over to us.

“In the meantime, let all stakeholders speak up on the danger confronting and diminishing our great country. The attitude of keeping quiet and ‘Sidon look’ while waiting for the next election to start making promises will not help anyone. What type of election or country are we going to have in 2023 if the current situation persists? A stitch in time saves nine,” he added.

Saraki also called on Senate President Ahmed Lawan and House of Representatives Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila to provide far-reaching legislative intervention that would help the executive arm in the search for peace.

“This is a period that require all hands to be on deck. This is not the time to talk of APC or PDP. It’s a time for all to work for Nigeria. This is a problem for all and should be solved by all.”

https://dailytrust.com/quit-notices-to-herders-leaders-silence-dangerous-saraki
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by an0daGuy: 7:32am On Jan 25, 2021
If it doesn’t concern the 2023 presidency then the leaders have nada to say.

Una go wait tire. Problem is dem go don wipe half of the population of villagers by then. I pity farm owners in the South.

1 Like

Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by AmbaliJ: 7:41am On Jan 25, 2021
See this werey. So you could not say anything about the Fulani excesses in the SW, but you can talk about the repercussions from the natives. Saraki you are mad.

7 Likes

Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 25, 2021
AmbaliJ:
See this werey. So you could not say anything about the Fulani excesses in the SW, but you can talk about the repercussions from the natives. Saraki you are mad.

You are reading a press statement and you still claim he said nothing, what has Tinubu, Osinbajo or Gbajabiamila said?..

Garba shehu spoke siding the fulanis under the guise of presidency, what has Adesina said under same guise?...

What has lai mohammed said (minister of information)?...

Please move on with your Saraki beef..
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by AmbaliJ: 9:17am On Jan 25, 2021
Esseite:

You are reading a press statement and you still claim he said nothing, what has Tinubu, Osinbajo or Gbajabiamila said?..

Garba shehu spoke siding the fulanis under the guise of presidency, what has Adesina said under same guise?...

What has lai mohammed said (minister of information)?...

Please move on with your Saraki beef..

Guy, even if you choose to be an asslicker of Saraki atleast do so with sense na. Maybe you read a different release from the one I responded to, but nowhere did Saraki show empathy for the people that the Fulanis have been terrorizing, all he did was emphasized the quit notices and burning of Fulani settlement. That is addressing the effect while neglecting the cause, which will get us nowhere.

Anyway, Saraki was only showing allegiance to his Fulani bloodline so I don't blame him, but you as an asslicker should know better than to argue blindly.

5 Likes

Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 25, 2021
AmbaliJ:

Guy, even if you choose to be an asslicker of Saraki atleast do so with sense na. Maybe you read a different release from the one I responded to, but nowhere did Saraki show empathy for the people that the Fulanis have been terrorizing, all he did was emphasized the quit notices and burning of Fulani settlement. That is addressing the effect while neglecting the cause, which will get us nowhere.

Anyway, Saraki was only showing allegiance to his Fulani bloodline so I don't blame him, but you as an asslicker should know better than to argue blindly.

He called on President Muhammadu Buhari to rally all interests and everybody at the leadership levels to a round table to discuss and find appropriate solutions, saying insecurity had become the order of the day and fueling disunity and criminal activities.

Am guessing you didnt read the bolded, coming from an ordinary citizen Saraki..

Where are other leaders in Government?
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2021
jarawa:
A former Senate President, Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Sunday expressed worry over the deafening silence of key stakeholders and leaders over the quit notices given to Fulani herders in Oyo and Ondo States, and the burning of a Fulani settlement in Igangan.

Saraki, in a statement, said the silence was a dangerous tell-tale sign that things were wrong.

He urged all Nigerians to work for peace and take initiatives that could douse tension.

“Both the elite and ordinary people have a responsibility to begin to take measures that’ll reassure the people across board that a united Nigeria will benefit everybody better than a disintegrated country,” he said.

He said the relevance of Nigeria in the international community was due to her size, population and collective resources.

“I know some politicians will not be able to contribute ideas if they are not called upon to do so by those who currently have governmental responsibility to do so. However, please don’t keep quiet when called upon.

“We must all intervene as patriots and forget our personal interests. For the sake of our forebears who handed over this country to us, we must work hard to make things better so that when we meet them, we’ll have a good account to give that we improved on what was handed over to us.

“In the meantime, let all stakeholders speak up on the danger confronting and diminishing our great country. The attitude of keeping quiet and ‘Sidon look’ while waiting for the next election to start making promises will not help anyone. What type of election or country are we going to have in 2023 if the current situation persists? A stitch in time saves nine,” he added.

Saraki also called on Senate President Ahmed Lawan and House of Representatives Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila to provide far-reaching legislative intervention that would help the executive arm in the search for peace.

“This is a period that require all hands to be on deck. This is not the time to talk of APC or PDP. It’s a time for all to work for Nigeria. This is a problem for all and should be solved by all.”

https://dailytrust.com/quit-notices-to-herders-leaders-silence-dangerous-saraki
saraki all lands in southwest belongs to fulanis , are they not Nigerians ?
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Brooklynsouth(f): 9:32am On Jan 25, 2021
AmbaliJ:

gbajamila or whatever his name is comes from southwest , what has he said ? what has tinibu and adeshina said ? aren't they Yoruba ...the way you people absorb your people from blames is mind blowing
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by AmbaliJ: 9:46am On Jan 25, 2021
Esseite:

Am guessing you didnt read the bolded, coming from an ordinary citizen Saraki..

Where are other leaders in Government?

Guy, if I am Saraki your paymaster, I will withhold your salary for this month because you are doing a piss poor job of licking his yansh. Where in the quote you referenced did Saraki specifically mention herdsmen atrocities in the SW?? He was clear enough when he alluded to the quit notices on Fulani herders, yet he could not be specific in mentioning the incidences that led to them in the flashpoints in question.

Look, I know you know what I am talking about, but you have your face so stuck up in his Fulani ass to the extent that you have completely lost your senses. You are a well-known PDP apologist/Atikulator, so you are only acting true to type. Your other Fulani oga in Dubai has not uttered a word either, but who cares, right? Afterall, he is also above reproach like other PDP Fulani chieftains. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Olakunleyakub(m): 10:04am On Jan 25, 2021
I love his speech..you have spoken well

This is not the time for apc and pdp or else the situations might worsen more than this
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by luvmijeje(f): 10:09am On Jan 25, 2021
I hope our youths are watching. This is your time to shine! PDP and APC are national party. They will always pander to the herders.

This is your time to shine. This is the time to get powers from them by playing local politics. Their flank are opened by their political greed.

Two years is enough to get power from them using solutions to the herders as a campaign rally.
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 25, 2021
AmbaliJ:

Guy, if I am Saraki your paymaster, I will withhold your salary for this month because you are doing a piss poor job of licking his yansh. Where in the quote you referenced did Saraki specifically mention herdsmen atrocities in the SW?? He was clear enough when he alluded to the quit notices on Fulani herders, yet he could not be specific in mentioning the incidences that led to them in the flashpoints in question.

Look, I know you know what I am talking about, but you have your face so stuck up in his Fulani ass to the extent that you have completely lost your senses. You are a well-known PDP apologist/Atikulator, so you are only acting true to type. Your other Fulani oga in Dubai has not uttered a word either, but who cares, right? Afterall, he is also above reproach like other PDP Fulani chieftains. Yeye dey smell.

You are just rambling back and fort, am still asking you... whom of the leaders in Govt have spoken about it including Governors of affected regions? But you keep rambling and going off point. nothing the fact Saraki is half Fulani/yoruba but still went against all odds to call for dialogue on the issue.. whom in Govt had said anything including the VP and speaker?..

You could have just said you play partisan against common sense and I would get it loud and clear.
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by omowolewa: 10:59am On Jan 25, 2021
Abeg, their silence is golden
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by tot(f): 11:00am On Jan 25, 2021
I hope the Atiku supporters have also observed his silence over this issue. If you like, go and vote for another version of 'Buhari' come 2023.
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by tutudesz: 11:05am On Jan 25, 2021
undecided Saraki has Senate president what bill did you pass to protect Nigerian from herdsmen attack
Has for Atiku undecided
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/261369-herdsmen-crisis-labelling-attackers-fulani-wrong-atiku.html
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:07am On Jan 25, 2021
"For the sake of our forebears who handed over this country to us,"

I don't remember the British being our forebears
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by ShackWes(f): 11:15am On Jan 25, 2021
Tinubu and Atiku are silent on this
know your real enemies now Nigerians beware
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Fahdiga(m): 11:53am On Jan 25, 2021
Tinubu insulted the whole Yorubas by keeping silent. he is covertly supporting the Fulanis thinking they will make him president
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Ideadoctor(m): 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
it shall not be well with this man,I hate him with passion, I swear if he pass in my vicinity I am ready to kill him and face the law,he hates Yoruba with passion,he had made life difficult for many Yoruba local government that refuses the Emirates system in kwara,I would never forgive him.
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Oracleforce: 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
Atiku silence connotes a chameleon attitude for such kind of person that had a chalemon attitude, this is too dangerous to commit power to this kind of person....
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2021
Fahdiga:
Tinubu insulted the whole Yorubas by keeping silent. he is covertly supporting the Fulanis thinking they will make him president
Fucking bigot. Did Osinbajo speak, did OBJ speak, did Gbajabiamila speak?
Re: Quit Notices To Herders: Leaders’ Silence Dangerous – Saraki by Fahdiga(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2021
Coronabirus:
Fucking bigot. Did Osinbajo speak, did OBJ speak, did Gbajabiamila speak?
Don't you know the meaning of Asiwaju?

(1) (Reply)

Abaribe Lost Deputy Gov Position Over Involvement In Criminal Forgery — Group / Nigerians Are Protesting Against President Buhari's Medical Trip In London / Are These Fulani's ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.