Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode (23312 Views)

Sunday Igboho And Oduduwa Agitators Chase Away DSS Officer (Video) / Quit Ultimatum: Femi Fani-Kayode Commends Sunday Igboho / Femi Fani-Kayode Ready To Make Another Twins As His Wife Slays 3 Weeks After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by jidxin(m): 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2021
Acidiously:

Guy go and sit down. You haven't faced federal might and intimidation because long have your leaders and natives been in relationship with the north. If you've had Sunday igboho as at the time Nnamdi Kanu was creating awareness, then the army would have been all over you people looking for him and his followers. Nnamdi Kanu had set the precedent already on how to tackle the FG but was met with brutal force and everyone has learnt from it. So the Yoruba people ought not to follow that same vein else everything and everyone will collapse. Let me tell you something, if the relationship between the fulani FG and Southwest turns sour like the one they have with Igbos, that'll be the end. That's why the call for calm and dialogue is springing up all over the place.
the army actually went to arrest him but he never engaged them but diplomatically bought his way out, something ipob cannot do, their blood boils too hot they are very impetuous, they should learn not to act on impulse
Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by Okuda(m): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2021
they also called Igbos unsophisticated. that we dont know politics. If Igbo people had their way in national politics, this country should be better off. i am not saying this from the a point of sentiment but from reasoning. we like momey, we like to be busy, we like manufacturing and inventing, we also like progress, these are the things that thrive an economy. An Igbo person would not vote for anybody who cannot give him these things... tell me,where has your sophistication taken you to? we chose Atiku because we saw these characteristics in him not just because, imagine he is also fulani but we preferred his candidacy to Buhari who owns no known business, did not contribute to nation building in his capacity as an ordinary citizen, wrote no book, was never seen in public lectures. was never even online before 2015. If this is not backwardness, please tell me what is. If you want to know how much of a leader someone is, watch his business.
Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by ylaa(f): 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2021
I love FFK anyday anytime. He is smart, fearless, sincere, God-fearing and always speaking the truth. I wish there are more people like you. More Grace FFK. May the Lord continue to keep you safe.

quote author=MikePhilly post=98416696]

https://www.femifanikayode.org/sunday-igboho-and-the-threat-of-war/[/quote]
Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by Slonge22: 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
bigfish3k:

Could the fulanis have opened war on two fronts of east and west and still be successful?
they wouldn’t need to fight on two fronts, all they would have done is conquer lagos(the west) and from there proceed to the east. The easterners would have tried to intercept them before the even get to the Midwest, so the battle would have been fought majorly in the west. Remember they had influx of experienced ww2 soldiers from Chad and Niger, and most of the military formations in the west were already dominated by northerners. It is a no brainer that it would have been a disaster for the yorubas.
Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by pepigeorge(m): 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
Sometimes just learn how to keep quiet... Not everything is child's play
an0daGuy:
Yen yen yen

If the war comes it will be fought only in the North and West so the South and East are safe.

They will be sipping origin and chopping bushmeat while watching the carnage on CNN lol grin

No mind me oh I just dey project as e go be. It’s like playing bet9ja
Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by bigfish3k: 4:48pm On Jan 25, 2021
Slonge22:
they wouldn’t need to fight on two fronts, all they would have done is conquer lagos(the west) and from there proceed to the east. The easterners would have tried to intercept them before the even get to the Midwest, so the battle would have been fought majorly in the west. Remember they had influx of experienced ww2 soldiers from Chad and Niger, and most of the military formations in the west were already dominated by northerners. It is a no brainer that it would have been a disaster for the yorubas.
You forgot that if they proceed to Lagos they would have opened up their flanks in the east and if they attacked the east they will open the western flank.
Yorubas also fought in WW2 and have same experience.
There are also yorubas in Benin Republic and Togo that would also come to support your independence.

It would have been two against one and Biafra and oduduwa would have been birthed.

If they are great fighters as you posited, why did it take the assistance of two world powers of Russia and Britain including Egypt plus hunger tactics and ceding bakassi to Cameroon for them to overrun Biafra.
I repeat if you had supported, SE and SW would have been a country of its own with awolowo being your first president.
Imagine the heights Yoruba nation would have attained today under awo.
But you people are waiting for the north that is not ready to develop to catch up before you can proceed to grow. Continue waiting as if the world will wait for you

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by ndukwechinasa: 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2021
an0daGuy:

Wait oh shocked

They will from the North waka through East to get to the south-south or South West?

Have you ever heard of Benin bypass?

See why it’s good to at least travel a few times in your lifetime. You don’t even know the road networks in your own country. undecided

What will make them take a round trip trough the east to get to the South? A journey of 500km they will now make it 800km just because they want to do sightseeing?? Unless you want to say Edo is an eastern state.
Brother this your comment just made my day..... LWKMD.
Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by nams77: 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
an0daGuy:

Kogi is still not in the east.

Yes I am aware they have sleeper cells in the east but they will sleep very very well because nothing will make them activate until they have overrun the other parts of the country. They know easterners won’t joke or play politics when it comes to wiping them out so they must behave.

Yes they are all trigger happy. But their mayhem would never be unleashed in the east lest they trigger a genocide on their own people and reprisals which would ultimately tumble this contraption called Nigeria
The East I know will never allow the Fulani's to rule over them. I trust them.
I used to believe the SS but now I don't know anymore. Some of them have become lily-livered and soft. Chasing women and doing yahoo upandan.smh
Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by OyinO: 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2021
Dpharisee:
Suddenly I am no longer seeing some misguided Yoruba youths here calling Nnamdi Kanu a pig and terrorist because they are now realisng that he is ahead of them in terms of vision and native intelligence.

It took Igbos led by Nzeogwu one hour to put Fulanis in their place right there in Kaduna

It then took other Nigerian tribes 30 months with support from foreign countries and the loss of 3m Igbo lives in heavy fighting and starvation from blockade and ceding of Bakassi to Cameroon to restore power back to the Fulanis shouting One Nigeria cheesy
Today, many of those who did the fighting on behalf of the Fulanis can't even go to their farms or travel the roads without palpable fear shocked

Best comment

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by Slonge22: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2021
bigfish3k:

You forgot that if they proceed to Lagos they would have opened up their flanks in the east and if they attacked the east they will open the western flank.
Yorubas also fought in WW2 and have same experience.
There are also yorubas in Benin Republic and Togo that would also come to support your independence.

It would have been two against one and Biafra and oduduwa would have been birthed.

If they are great fighters as you posited, why did it take the assistance of two world powers of Russia and Britain including Egypt plus hunger tactics and ceding bakassi to Cameroon for them to overrun Biafra.
I repeat if you had supported, SE and SW would have been a country of its own with awolowo being your first president.
Imagine the heights Yoruba nation would have attained today under awo.
But you people are waiting for the north that is not ready to develop to catch up before you can proceed to grow. Continue waiting as if the world will wait for you
the reality still remains that of all the major actors involved yorubas were still the least prepared. We were already battered from the awolowo vs akintola crisis, lagos(as the capital) and Ibadan were militarized and we all know that the majority of Nigerian forces at that time were northerners. One thing you need to understand about the yorubas is that we are rarely moved to act by emotions, we are more calculative and logical. The west and the east would probably have been victorious but it would have been at the expense of the west. Awolowo was only looking out for his people, you might call it betrayal, but he made the best choice for us with the reality he was facing. Why do you think the biafrian army’s first move was attempt to capture Lagos? It is the only logical step. Wars are not fought with wishful thinking they are fought with boots on ground and weapons.
Re: Sunday Igboho And The Threat Of War By Femi Fani-kayode by NaMeAboki: 6:52am On Jan 26, 2021
Foolish talk and bigotry from the drug junky as usual.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Nationwide Youth Rallies Picking Up Steam For Osinbajo / The Orders For The Bail Of Dasuki & Kanu Should Be Obeyed - Femi Falana. / Army Denies Rumour That ‘Soldiers Force Injections On Pupils’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.