Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. (827 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / White Woman Feeding Her Puppy At A Fast Food In Onitsha (Pictures) / Rapid Response Squad Dog: What Breed Of Dog Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by BenNash: 10:34am On Jan 25, 2021
Hello guys I just got a German Shepherd last week. I've been feeding her with indomie mixed with JoJo can food and some hard homemade food prepared by a breeder.( Don't like it that much it's too hard and difficult to eat for my little puppy).

The question I want to ask is can my dog eat the regular food we eat in the house.( Rice, Beans, Yam, e.t.c). I see some people say they feed their dogs rice, but I'm confused. Do you feed them the way you eat it? With stew and everything. Or do yh cook the rice specially without salt?

And when you feed your dog indomie, do you cook it without the seasoning?

I'm seriously confused o. Cuz people say Salt and onions are dangerous for dogs.
Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by BenNash: 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2021
Omo no one is answering.
Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by CandyOps(m): 12:24pm On Jan 25, 2021
Go to market and buy dog indomie, grind stock fish to flour. Also get eggs cook and serve with the shells included.. you can also include the stock fish flour and the egg plus puppy canned/bagged foods.

.. and no need to add the seasoning when feeding your dog.

They eat rice, beans and all but it's good to mix all those with dog food. Dog food be like junk e go blow up your dog size

Normal handmade dog food like your breeders brew is good too but won't boost growth as much as canned/bagged foods

2 Likes

Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by harmargedon: 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
A big dog will surely grow big. but always remember that spices are not good for dogs. if you cannot afford regular dog food, just cook rice, mix it with beef, or fish, or chicken, then you mix with palm oil or zito oil booster, then add spinach and carrots. Don't cook the carrots and spinach. Noodles makes my dog poo watery so I don't use it I use rice. All your dog needs is a balanced diet. puppies and pregnant dogs need lots of protein, but adults need average.

1 Like

Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by harmargedon: 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
BenNash:
Hello guys I just got a German Shepherd last week. I've been feeding her with indomie mixed with JoJo can food and some hard homemade food prepared by a breeder.( Don't like it that much it's too hard and difficult to eat for my little puppy).

The question I want to ask is can my dog eat the regular food we eat in the house.( Rice, Beans, Yam, e.t.c). I see some people say they feed their dogs rice, but I'm confused. Do you feed them the way you eat it? With stew and everything. Or do yh cook the rice specially without salt?

I'm seriously confused o. Cuz people say Salt and onions are dangerous for dogs.

Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by harmargedon: 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2021
BenNash:

I forgot to add eggs.
Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by BenNash: 2:55pm On Jan 25, 2021
CandyOps:
Go to market and buy dog indomie, grind stock fish to flour. Also get eggs cook and serve with the shells included.. you can also include the stock fish flour and the egg plus puppy canned/bagged foods.

.. and no need to add the seasoning when feeding your dog.

They eat rice, beans and all but it's good to mix all those with dog food. Dog food be like junk e go blow up your dog size

Normal handmade dog food like your breeders brew is good too but won't boost growth as much as canned/bagged foods

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by BenNash: 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2021
harmargedon:
A big dog will surely grow big. but always remember that spices are not good for dogs. if you cannot afford regular dog food, just cook rice, mix it with beef, or fish, or chicken, then you mix with palm oil or zito oil booster, then add spinach and carrots. Don't cook the carrots and spinach. Noodles makes my dog poo watery so I don't use it I use rice. All your dog needs is a balanced diet. puppies and pregnant dogs need lots of protein, but adults need average.

Thank you. Most important thing is can I give it rice from the one eaten in the house? You know salt will be in the rice. And maggi go dey the stew?
Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by ebonyoyas(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2021
From experience I have been feeding my puppy only boiled white rice witout salt , pumpkin leaf, red oil and well boiled cow foetus.. from 3 months till date .. he's 8months now and doing very great .. below re pictures

2 Likes

Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by harmargedon: 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
BenNash:

Thank you. Most improve thing is can I give it rice from the one eaten in the house? You know salt will be in the soup. And maggi go dey the stew?
Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by harmargedon: 3:16pm On Jan 25, 2021
BenNash:

Thank you. Most improve thing is can I give it rice from the one eaten in the house? You know salt will be in the soup. And maggi go dey the stew?
the rice is still okay, but the stew and soup shouldn't be often.
Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by aderoju3921: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
: Thank you. Most improve thing is can I give it rice from the one eaten in the house? You know salt will be in the soup. And maggi go dey the stew?
Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by BenNash: 5:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
ebonyoyas:
From experience I have been feeding my puppy only boiled white rice witout salt , pumpkin leaf, red oil and well boiled cow foetus.. from 3 months till date .. he's 8months now and doing very great .. below re pictures

Thanks. I read your thread about this dog. How did the dog react when you started leaving her in a cage? And how long does she stay in the cage each day?
Re: Help With Some Aspects Of Dog Feeding. by ebonyoyas(m): 8:11pm On Jan 25, 2021
It was a crazy experience.. started caging at 12 weeks ... Cried like mad .. but I had to ignore .. I cage my dog all day .. release only to eat, poo and pee.. den at 9pm -6am to roam freely at night
BenNash:

Thanks. I read your thread about this dog. How did the dog react when you started leaving her in a cage? And how long does she stay in the cage each day?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

6 Wks Male & Female Eskimo Pups Available In Ibadan. / Pedigree Rottweiler Males / Optimax Dry Food And Optimax Can Food Is Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.