Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? (1759 Views)

Facebook Users Criticize Fayemi For Referring To Tinubu As "Other Nigerians" / Pandora Papers Implicate Peter Obi, Nine Other Nigerians / Keyamo, Sowore, Other Nigerians Mourn Mohammed, Gani Fawehinmi’s Son (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 12:04pm On Jan 25, 2021
In my place, here in Rivers state, almost everything is free, but the things that aren't free are as expensive as food items in Abuja.

What are the free things

1. School (except University)
2. Light (free for more than 14 years — thanks to all the numerous multinational companies here and a good MOU).
3. Water (no license for borehole + the ones the companies built).
4. Free scholarship for primary, secondary, and uni.
5. Small money to buy land as an indigenous member.
6. Ponds and lots of land for farming.

Unfortunately, we don't sell lands to Igbos, Hausas/Fulanis or Yorubas.

This place is already rich — as long as oil doesn't run dry and you know how to take your share.

So, the king doesn't want any "developer" who will later say they made this place what it is and the created the law of not selling lands to foreigners and if you use deceit or a third-party to purchase it and you get caught, you're in soup and the land will be taken back.

We enjoy peace here because of this law — our only problems are cultists, but luckily, we have a good security outfit now. I mean, jazz men wey chop witch — the moment they sight you from afar, they already know the atrocities you've committed and are tracking you down at all cost. They are mounted in different checking points like police.

They don't hand them to police — they send them straight to Heaven. They used to hand over to police, but they'll take bribe and release them 2 weeks later. Now, no more police involved.

The place is the most peaceful place in Nigeria now. The only thing the youth do now — since they can't commit crime is to (secretly) smoke weed or get a skill that'll fetch them money.

People walk around at any time unlike before. You can walk on the street holding your iPhone without anyone snatching it from you. You can go to the bank and withdraw lots of money without anyone tracing you unlike before.

The reason I created this thread is to ask a question. Are my people wicked for not selling lands to others? Or are they smart?

If we are wicked, tell me why.
If we aren't, tell me why.

P.S. By the way, all the ethnic groups are here doing businesses peacefully, owning shops and enjoying free water and light, but you can't build a house, you can only rent from an indigene.

Most of the shops are rented by Igbos followed by Yorubas.
Sixty percent of the bike men are Hausa/Fulani (they'll soon ban this one day to avoid trouble).
The trash pickers, watch sellers, suya, etc. are 99% Hausas.

So, we are actually accommodating and friendly, but we don't want trouble, so we started mitigating from foundation. The reason Nigerian is crumbling is poor foundation.

So, are my people wicked or smart?

1 Like

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by helinues: 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2021
Sacarsm of the highest order...
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Fahdiga(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2021
Your state is doing well

2 Likes

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2021
helinues:

Sarcasm? I pray. I don't want to post pictures to avoid drawing attention to the freedom we enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
Fahdiga:
Your state is doing well

Not the entire state — just my LGA and other smart LGAs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by TANID(m): 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2021
cheesy REALLY
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Mide3367: 12:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
Is that your place in Nigeria? I will like to relocate there o...
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Mide3367: 12:28pm On Jan 25, 2021
iLegendd:
In my place, here in Rivers state, almost everything is free, but the things that aren't free are as expensive as food items in Abuja.

What are the free things

2. Light (free for more than 14 years — thanks to all the numerous multinational companies here and a good MOU).

This place is already rich — as long as oil doesn't run dry and you know how to take your share.

So, the king doesn't want any "developer" who will later say they made this place what it is and the created the law of not selling lands to foreigners and if you use deceit or a third-party to purchase it and you get caught, you're in soup and the land will be taken back.

We enjoy peace here because of this law — our only problems are cultists, but luckily, we have a good security outfit now. I mean, jazz men wey chop witch — the moment they sight you from afar, they already know the atrocities you've committed and are tracking you down at all cost. They are mounted in different checking points like police.

They don't hand them to police — they send them straight to Heaven. They used to hand over to police, but they'll take bribe and release them 2 weeks later. Now, no more police involved.

The place is the most peaceful place in Nigeria now. The only thing the youth do now — since they can't commit crime is to (secretly) smoke weed or get a skill that'll fetch them money.

People walk around at any time unlike before. You can walk on the street holding your iPhone without anyone snatching it from you. You can go to the bank and withdraw lots of money without anyone tracing you unlike before.

The reason I created this thread is to ask a question. Are my people wicked for not selling lands to others? Or are they smart?

P.S. By the way, all the ethnic groups are here doing businesses peacefully, owning shops and enjoying free water and light, but you can't build a house, you can only rent from an indigene.

Sixty percent of the bike men are Hausa/Fulani (they'll soon ban this one day to avoid trouble).

So, we are actually accommodating and friendly, but we don't want trouble, so we started mitigating from foundation. The reason Nigerian is crumbling is poor foundation.

this isn't wickedness na.. If they don't do this, wicked people will do it.
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Psalmy2cute(m): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
.. I actually know of some communities in delta that dont sell land to strangers.. you must be a indegene to own property there.....
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2021
helinues:

Oh, I forgot.

There is a crime the northerners are starting now. It's about stealing bikes from their fellow northerners. One of the reasons bike will soon be banned so that everybody can go home.

The humble Hausa gate man in my house doesn't pay rent and he has the freedom to ride bike and make money for himself since there isn't any armed robber coming because of the confidence we have in the security outfit at the moment.

He usually brings his fellow Hausa guys over — they are all riding bikes, being peaceful, and minding their businesses (they are the most humble people I have seen).

Last year, we were all too deep asleep and all gates were property locked, but they woke the next morning and three of their bikes had been stolen by their fellows.

I don't know how everyone got hypnotized to the point we couldn't wake until the action was over.

In the morning, the jazz men security outfit came and told them it's their brothers that did it.

Since our people are smart people (I'm not bragging — it's the truth) I decided to run to Nnewi (Anambra state) to buy bikes for all of them and they submit 6k per week. Till this day, those bikes are still looking and sounding brand new.

Those guys know how to maintain machine and they are trustworthy. Maybe, one day, they may change and turn to extremist and start planning to attack us, so we are being careful and calculative — trust no man — especially _____ fill in the blank.

1 Like

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
Psalmy2cute:
.. I actually know of some communities in delta that dont sell land to strangers.. you must be a indegene to own property there.....

Yes, I heard some smart Delta communities do it too. That's good of them. Too much expansion and urbanization cause trouble at last.

1 Like

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by helinues: 12:45pm On Jan 25, 2021
iLegendd:

Oh, I forgot.

There is a crime the northerners are starting now. It's about stealing bikes from their fellow northerners. One of the reasons bike will soon be banned so that everybody can go home.

The humble Hausa gate man in my house doesn't pay rent and he has the freedom to ride bike and make money for himself since there isn't any armed robber coming because of the confidence we have in the security outfit at the moment.

He usually brings his fellow Hausa guys over — they are all riding bikes, being peaceful, and minding their businesses (they are the most humble people I have seen).

Last year, we were all too deep asleep and all gates were property locked, but they woke the next morning and three of their bikes had been stolen by their fellows.

I don't know how everyone got hypnotized to the point we couldn't wake until the action was over.

In the morning, the jazz men security outfit came and told them it's their brothers that did it.

Since our people are smart people (I'm not bragging — it's the truth) I decided to run to Nnewi (Anambra state) to buy bikes for all of them and they submit 6k per week. Till this day, those bikes are still looking and sounding brand new.

Those guys know how to maintain machine and they are trustworthy. Maybe, one day, they may change and turn to extremist and start planning to attack us, so we are being careful and calculative — trust no man — especially _____ fill in the blank.

Another one... grin
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2021
helinues:

Another one... grin

E plenty — I even had to write a book called Rivers of Blood, but I'm not comfortable releasing it. Something is telling me to release it, but it will cause trouble.

I noticed you're an APC apologist and you love saying things that'll hurt the masses in favor of a certain ethnic group. At times, I do feel like reacting angrily to those your insensitive comments, but I just realized I'm too cool to be mad.

I only get mad once in a month and when I do, it's bloody. I guess that's why we are Rivers of Blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2021
These rules were set after the civil war and they have helped in brining peace.

Since another war is imminent, my advice is for the kings to set rules when the war is over. You can't set rules during war — everyone will disobey them.

A state/place without rigid rules is a failed state. Failure starts with negligence of setting rules and regulations and abiding by them.

I hope everyone who read this post learned something from it. Apply this in your daily life and you'll be more productive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Sammy07: 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
iLegendd:

What are the free things

Of course your people are smart

1 Like

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Tony142: 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2021
iLegendd:
These rules were set after the civil war and they have helped in brining peace.

Since another war is imminent, my advice is for the kings to set rules when the war is over. You can't set rules during war — everyone will disobey them.

A state/place without rigid rules is a failed state. Failure starts with negligence of setting rules and regulations and abiding by them.

I hope everyone who read this post learned something from it. Apply this in your daily life and you'll be more productive.

most of the big men and politicians in river state have investment like hotel, houses, hostels and estates in other states that bring them passive income.

now my question is if other states in Nigeria refuse to sell land to strangers, how will those big men from river state able to invest in business like hotel, estate e.tc. in other state?

racism is when u refuse to sell lands to strangers in your state but u bought lands in other state

boss, to be sincere I think it is unfair, that is my honest opinion

As for the lessons learnt: well, I learnt that setting rules and having daily routine increase productivity

3 Likes

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by madmohamed(m): 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2021
iLegendd:

What are the free things

I will like every community bar foreigner from buying land from them. That is how people will develop their town and city but op one day your king will bar River man from buying land from your local government too in my village we don't sell land to any stranger we must know who you are so you are not the first to do that.
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2021
iLegendd:

E plenty — I even had to write a book called Rivers of Blood, but I'm not comfortable releasing it. Something is telling me to release it, but it will cause trouble.

I noticed you're an APC apologist and you love saying things that'll hurt the masses in favor of a certain ethnic group. At times, I do feel like reacting angrily to those your insensitive comments, but I just realized I'm too cool to be mad.

I only get mad once in a month and when I do, it's bloody. I guess that's why we are Rivers of Blood.

Good day Sir.

I have a question.

Why do you use a pseudonym for your books instead of your own name?
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2021
Tony142:

most of the big men and politicians in river state have investment like hotel, houses, hostels and estates in other states that bring them passive income.

now my question is if other states in Nigeria refuse to sell land to strangers, how will those big men from river state able to invest in business like hotel, estate e.tc. in other state?

racism is when u refuse to sell lands to strangers in your state but u bought lands in other state

boss, to be sincere I think it is unfair, that is my honest opinion

As for the lessons learnt: well, I learnt that setting rules and having daily routine increase productivity

You are right about your assertion. Though, Nigeria would have been more developed and more peaceful if everyone stayed in their zone and before you to to another state to rent a house, you go through security check.

Unfortunately, they made everything open without rules or without making the rules strict while thinking they are smart.

Life shouldn't be all about "I want to make money in another man's state at all cost," but about, "I want to make my state peaceful so that me and my people will grow in peace for others admire or envy and finally learn from us."

Nigerians are always feeling the grass is greener on the other side and they start invading other people's countries, states, or communities, but when they realize it isn't true after all, they'll say to themselves: since we are here already, man must wack. And boom, they start pushing drugs, raping, kidnapping, and committing all sorts of crimes.

If those Rivers state big men who went to other states to invest had done the investment in their states, things would've been better and more peaceful. If those other big men investing in Rivers had invested in their states, things would've been better for them too.

Coming to another man's state to invest is not bad, but knowing that things aren't working out as planned and refusing to go back, but resorting to crime or any dirty means, is bad.

To curb the bad things the disappointed people that came to your state for greener pasture will do, is to set rules for your people and rigid rules for visitor.

In the country I studied, we, the foreign students paid way way more than people from that country. This is how smart countries work. Put your people at each first, then protect yourself from invader.

Buhari is playing this game, but he is doing it wrongly. He is protecting his people and at the same time trying to conquer and oppress others.

You can't do both perfectly at the same time if you don't have rules. While he is trying to conquer, he is unfortunately leaving his people vulnerable. When he leaves office is when his people will be endangered — trust me.

He should try not to endanger his people by retreating and protecting his people while doing peaceful dealing with others.
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
Riener:

Good day Sir.

I have a question.

Why do you use a pseudonym for your books instead of your own name?

It's pen name and it's 100% legal. Mark Twain is a pen name. JK Rolling is a pen name. There is no reason for using it other than knowing it's legal. I only do legal things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Tony142: 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2021
iLegendd:

You are right about your assertion. Though, Nigeria would have been more developed and more peaceful if everyone stayed in their zone and before you to to another state to rent a house, you go through security check.

Unfortunately, they made everything open without rules or without making the rules strict while thinking they are smart.

Life shouldn't be all about "I want to make money in another man's state at all cost," but about, "I want to make my state peaceful so that me and my people will grow in peace for others admire or envy and finally learn from us."

Nigerians are always feeling the grass is greener on the other side and they start invading other people's countries, states, or communities, but when they realize it isn't true after all, they'll say to themselves: since we are here already, man must wack. And boom, they start pushing drugs, raping, kidnapping, and committing all sorts of crimes.

If those Rivers state big men who went to other states to invest had done the investment in their states, things would've been better and more peaceful. If those other big men investing in Rivers had invested in their states, things would've been better for them too.

Coming to another man's state to invest is not bad, but knowing that things aren't working out as planned and refusing to go back, but resorting to crime or any dirty means, is bad.

To curb the bad things the disappointed people that came to your state for greener pasture will do, is to set rules for your people and rigid rules for visitor.

In the country I studied, we, the foreign students paid way way more than people from that country. This is how smart countries work. Put your people at each first, then protect yourself from invader.

Buhari is playing this game, but he is doing it wrongly. He is protecting his people and at the same time trying to conquer and oppress others.

You can't do both perfectly at the same time if you don't have rules. While he is trying to conquer, he is unfortunately leaving his people vulnerable. When he leaves office is when his people will be endangered — trust me.

He should try not to endanger his people by retreating and protecting his people while doing peaceful dealing with others.

Ok
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Ojiofor: 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2021
iLegendd:

What are the free things

Which part of Rivers state that doesn't sell land to Igbos?
PH is littered with Igbo properties.

1 Like

Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2021
iLegendd:

It's pen name and it's 100% legal. Mark Twain is a pen name. JK Rolling is a pen name. There is no reason for using it other than knowing it's legal. I only do legal things.

Thanks Sir.
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 2:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
madmohamed:
I will like every community bar foreigner from buying land from them. That is how people will develop their town and city but op one day your king will bar River man from buying land from your local government too in my village we don't sell land to any stranger we must know who you are so you are not the first to do that.

I didn't say we are the first. I only wanted to know if people will see that as wickedness or smartness.

Other fellow Rivers people can buy, but you must speak our language fluently during the deal and there are extra rules you'll need to obey.

We don't sell things with English. The place speaks English, but land deals are only handled in local dialect. There is a reason for this, but it's private.

If you're from here, but you can't speak the dialect, you'll have to pass through hurdles and pay way more for not knowing your language. (Punishment).

The people who made the rules are smart elders who understood how things work, the tricks people will use in circumventing the system and getting lands, by marring someone from here, etc. and they blocked all the loopholes.

If you're a computer hacker, you must cover your ass first before you use the toilet.

My fellow computer geeks will know better.
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2021
Ojiofor:

Which part of Rivers state that doesn't sell land to Igbos?
PH is littered with Igbo properties.

Now, the subtle investigation has started. I'll skip this one.
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2021
Mide3367:
this isn't wickedness na.. If they don't do this, wicked people will do it.

Haha
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
TANID:
cheesy REALLY

100% real.
Re: Are My People Wicked For Doing This Thing to Other Nigerians? by iLegendd(m): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2021
Mide3367:
Is that your place in Nigeria? I will like to relocate there o...

Secret place. We only brag about it, but we don't like exposing it so we continue enjoying our monopoly and freedom. Peace of mind triggers growth.

Nigeria can't grow because there is no peace of mind, but a smart local government can grow with rules that'll bring peace of mind in place before development starting.

If you start development and later want to set rules, you're 90% a failure. Western worlds set strict rules before development and loosen up later, but in this country, reverse is the case and that is why Nigeria will still be backward by this time 2050.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Will Have Too Choose A Different Country For Health Checks And Top Up. / Nigeria Is Cursed(photo) / Chibuike Amaechi: Amaechi Rides Horse After Been Turbaned As Dan Amanar Of Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.