Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Boycott Beef Today: See Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boycott Beef Today: See Why (381 Views)

SouthWest, South-South, And South-East To Boycott Beef / Boycott Beef - So Herdsmen Can Leave Your Area If They Have No Market / Boycott Beef! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boycott Beef Today: See Why by dumahi(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
IN THE LIGHT OF THE ENDLESS KILLINGS, RAPES, ATTACKS, ETC. LINKED TO THE HERDER TRIBE IN THE LAST SIX YEARS, I THINK NIGERIANS NEED TO BOYCOTT BEEF AS A PROTEST.

READ ON AN SEE WHY AND HOW...

Oh yes, people are quick to point out how it's not everyone from the herder tribe that is guilty of these things we are talking about. But, how many times have those 'innocent' ones come out to denounce these killings linked to them in unequivocal terms?

How many times have their elites made any effort to bring those of them arrested to book? Instead, they are ALL quick to denounce people like Governor Akeredolu, Nnamdi Kanu and Sunday Adeyemo for protesting against the same crimes they saw and refused to denounce. Think of these things and you will understand that it is hard to find any 'innocent' member of the herder tribe even as they try to manipulate us into thinking otherwise.

I tell you Nigerians, these guys know your weakness for consuming beef. They believe that you can't do without their beef.

So, invariably, since they value cow life far above human life, they believe that YOU are also allowing them to kill your loved ones in return for eating their beef. Unfortunately, if you cannot stop eating something that is a reason why someone would kill your own children, then, it would be like eating the flesh of your loved ones when you keep patronizing such a product.

Another way to see it is that, if you continue to eat beef from those who would kill you in order to bring the beef to you, you're empowering them economically to keep killing you and having a political edge over you and continue ruling you.

So, why can't we boycott beef from the herder tribe? Why can't we sacrifice something to secure our children's future and our ancestral heritages? If we can't, then, we probably deserve to be killed and maimed and raped and our crop destroyed and our ancestral histories stolen by the herder tribes. It means that these are the prices we pay for eating their beef. It means that, while the herder tribe values cow lives above our lives, we value their beef above our lives (past, present, and future) also in agreement with them.

We can complain about the killings from 2021 to 3021. But if we're still eating the beef for which we are killed, then, even the angels cannot take us seriously - talk less of these wicked killers.

So, I know how difficult it is going to be. But, anyone who cannot take hard decisions for reasons bigger than him/her is nothing but an asshole (sorry for this choice of language). Therefore, against all odds, I enjoin on you Nigerians to stop eating the beef for which reason you are being systematically and serially depleted.

Plus, these cows that are grazed in the bushes are very very dangerous to your HEALTH. They attract all sorts of diseases from the bushes. Indeed, more Nigerians may have died from these diseases than those who have been murdered in cold blood by the herder tribe. So, you even need to preach this to all your loved ones.

Similarly, I enjoin on entrepreneurs and governments at all levels to go into the business of cattle ranching. Once we see such HEALTHILY ranched cattle, we can then patronize the beef produced from them.

What you have read is a part of an online townhall meeting on how to end this spate of insecurity linked to cow herders in Nigeria. You can click here to join the meeting.

You can also Click here to retweet this under the hash-tag #boycottbeef. Thank you.
Re: Boycott Beef Today: See Why by dumahi(m): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2021
If we cannot express STRONG DISAPPROVAL for these killings, then, what else can make us express strong disapproval in our lives?

Re: Boycott Beef Today: See Why by helinues: 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
Shallow reasoning.

Have you provided an alternative
Re: Boycott Beef Today: See Why by Mysticwebb: 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
See the shameless murderer above me talking about alternative as if cow is the only meat available in Nigeria.
There is goat or chicken for one to buy.
One should not be buying a product whose owner turns around to kill you because of the same product you are buying.
Beef has been successfully prohibited in my area, in fact, in almost my whole local government area and since then after chasing away the murderous herdsmen, we have had peace in our farms and forests.
Re: Boycott Beef Today: See Why by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2021
You and your family can boycott beef, as for me and my family, we shall eat beef and get the necessary protein for a healthy life.
Re: Boycott Beef Today: See Why by Ikennamurphy: 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
helinues:
Shallow reasoning.

Have you provided an alternative
Not shallow, I know a town that did it in South East and herdsmen left without noise like is happening in afonjaa land. There is chicken, goat meat and Bush meat

1 Like

Re: Boycott Beef Today: See Why by Ikennamurphy: 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
You and your family can boycott beef, as for me and my family, we shall eat beef and get the necessary protein for a healthy life.
And they will continue raping and killing your people
Re: Boycott Beef Today: See Why by dumahi(m): 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2021
Mysticwebb:
See the shameless murderer above me talking about alternative as if cow is the only meat available in Nigeria.
There is goat or chicken for one to buy.
One should not be buying a product whose owner turns around to kill you because of the same product you are buying.
Beef has been successfully prohibited in my area, in fact, in almost my whole local government area and since then after chasing away the murderous herdsmen, we have had peace in our farms and forests.
You described him well. Murderer. And, in case you didn't mean it, may I let you know that you're factually right.

(1) (Reply)

APC Membership Registration: Osinbajo To Register In Ogun / Threats Of Reprisals In The North Over Herdsmen’s Eviction - Northern Governor / Breaking:kogi Gov,bello Receives Senate Chief Whip, Orji Kalu In Govt House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.