Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It (941 Views)

How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? / My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine? / How Do I Go About Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by Bigup: 10:49am On Apr 04, 2011
Please i need reasonable guidelines on how to get a divorce in Nigeria and I want get it fast.
thanks expecting your quick response
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by ebadullah: 10:51am On Apr 04, 2011
Or even go to court finish it.
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by ifyalways(f): 11:03am On Apr 04, 2011
Bigup:

Please i need reasonable guidelines on how to get a divorce in Nigeria and I want get it fast.
Where u for marry?
Traditional . . . Go with a few people that went with you some years/mths/days back to her parents place,hand her over to the parents and ask for refund If any or balance them.
Church . . . Take her to the same church/Pastor,remove ur rings,bibles and give back the certificate to the pastor with the words [b]"canceled and deleted" [/b]over-written boldly on it.
Mosque . . . Same as church.
Court . . .easy.Go back to court with the marriage document and ask for a divorce paper.

BTW,What happened?
How long did this marriage last?
Have u guys tried to save it?Has it gone beyond saving?
Lessons learnt?
Goodluck!
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 04, 2011
ifyalways:

Where u for marry?
Traditional . . . Go with a few people that went with you some years/mths/days back to her parents place,hand her over to the parents and ask for refund If any or balance them.
Church . . . Take her to the same church/Pastor,remove your rings,bibles and give back the certificate to the pastor with the words [b]"canceled and deleted" [/b]over-written boldly on it.
Mosque . . . Same as church.
Court . . .easy.Go back to court with the marriage document and ask for a divorce paper.

BTW,What happened?
How long did this marriage last?
Have u guys tried to save it?Has it gone beyond saving?
Lessons learnt?
Goodluck!

Which church does that undecided
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by ifyalways(f): 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

Which church does that undecided
cheesy
Uju,I was only kidding.
The only msg I was trying to pass across is,he should dissolve the marriage wherever the marriage was contracted. cheesy
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^ LMAO

Fear catch me oh . . . . cheesy
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
ifyalways:

cheesy
Uju,I was only kidding.
The only msg I was trying to pass across is,he should dissolve the marriage wherever the marriage was contracted. cheesy

Meanwhile I need your help here!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-417489.32.html#msg8048477
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by Thirst4Lif: 7:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
hand her over to the parents and ask for refund

grin  lmao Wow, a refund!
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by snthesis(m): 11:56am On Apr 05, 2011
Bigup:

1st step - get married angry angry angry tongue tongue
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by dayokanu(m): 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2011
ifyalways:

cheesy
Uju,I was only kidding.

But we got married at a beer parlour and Ukwobi joint
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by Blazay(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2011
Easy. The same way you got married.
You don't need a divorce in Nigeria.
Just pack your bags and go.
Just as you packed your bags and came. kiss
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by Bigup: 1:06pm On Apr 06, 2011
I am very serious here please and i need serious answers
We had a court wedding, got a valid marriage certificate.
I hear you need to be separated for a number of months before divorce can be done. please how true is it?
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by okeymadu(m): 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2011
@OP. Divorce might appear a solution right now and you may just feel like ", what a mess of a partner!!!"

However, you will only be adding a bad experience to your marital CeeVee - A Divorcee.

I think that you should take it easy o, jeje.

On your question, I think you should ask the court because when you went there to be wedded you did not inform us or seek our input. Did you?

Abeg clear!
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by Ivynwa(f): 5:54am On Apr 09, 2011
Oga Bigup, what did our wify do that had you running and screaming "divorce" like this, have you made attempts at reconciling whatever differences therein or are the differences irreconcilable. Take it easy-o e-joo- o.
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by uthupbe: 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
hi Bigup,
if you were married just a few months ago and in the marriage registry, you can not divorce your wife until 2 years have elapsed. it is only on special and exceptional cases that you can do so now.

send me the full jist and I will give you free legal advice regarding it. uthupbe@gmx.com
Re: Please I Need To Get A Dicvorce, How Do I Go About It by jasman1: 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2011
Depending on your circumstances, an annulment is possible. For example, if the marriage was not consummated etc. A few months however does not sound like a reasonable time and effort to make any marriage work. Talk to a GOOD divorce attorney

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think As A Parent? / I Needed One And I Got Four / Unconditional Love? In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.